Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I made a video if anyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Played the "warrior campaign" again on a new character and honestly the whole "Scandinavian accent" most of these Vrykull have has got to go. If I was Scandinavian (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finish, etc) I would be offended by the way Blizzard portraits these "Vikings".... I muted my sound halfway through because it was unbearable to hear....
    I'm swedish, while I think the accent is silly and the voice acting is bad, I don't feel offended by it. It's hilariously inaccurate to what the real languages sound like but it's harmless, just like the Swedish Chef. It's on the same level as portraying vikings as proud warriors who constantly obsess over valor, glory and dying. All of it is a cartoonish exaggeration of the source material.

I played the pally campaign to compare. In theory, this valhalla hall steeped in titan lore with a titan watcher is about all I could have hoped for for warriors, but there ain't a lick of history to it.

As a pally, you take up the sword that has had a building legend since vanilla, from a fallen ally whose story has been building since vanilla, who has been very important to the lore, and you become highlord of an order that has existed since warcraft 1, I believe. When you go to take up the mantle, every single still living named pally you've interacted with throughout WoWs history is there to see you head their order.

Nothing in the warrior hall//lore/history existed until the moment you showed up. The weapon has no actual history in WoW (made up just for this purpose, did not exist until now), none of the characters existed until just now. They're all vrykul, none of them mattered before. Where are all the fallen warrior champions of warcraft history? Where's Lothar, Broxigar? etc etc? Is it just unfinished? Where's that one recently fallen famous warrior?

And the arms weapons are all lame and ugly. Ugh.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2016-05-24 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I played the pally campaign to compare. In theory, this valhalla hall steeped in titan lore with a titan watcher is about all I could have hoped for for warriors, but there ain't a lick of history to it.

As a pally, you take up the sword that has had a building legend since vanilla, from a fallen ally whose story has been building since vanilla, who has been very important to the lore, and you become highlord of an order that has existed since warcraft 1, I believe. When you go to take up the mantle, every single still living named pally you've interacted with throughout WoWs history is there to see you head their order.

Nothing in the warrior hall//lore/history existed until the moment you showed up. The weapon has no actual history in WoW (made up just for this purpose, did not exist until now), none of the characters existed until just now. They're all vrykul, none of them mattered before. Where are all the fallen warrior champions of warcraft history? Where's Lothar, Broxigar? etc etc? Is it just unfinished? Where's that one recently fallen famous warrior?

And the arms weapons are all lame and ugly. Ugh.
    Because it has nothing to do with Warriors, which has been the major complaint against it. It's all Vrykul, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post
    I made a video if anyone wants to hear it.
    Ugh! That's pretty bad. Doesn't seem offensive, per se, but goddamn that's just bad voice acting work. Still, if the story going on with it was better, might take some of that sting out - but just one more bad decision.

Deleted
    OMFG that voice acting is Horrible..................

HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    They sound like movie gypsies...

Maybe there's more class campaign quests to come in future patches?

Cause this is gargabe. srsly...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrons View Post
    Maybe there's more class campaign quests to come in future patches?

Cause this is gargabe. srsly...
    The foundation is set and it's crap, they can't do anything to salvage the warrior whatever you want to call it (nothing order about it).

So I heard you guys really like Warrior campaign!

Ok I completely understand and agree with you when you say that this Vrykul setting has pretty much nothing with WoW's Warriors' setting but come on, this Vrykul setting is still pretty metal...sure it's a bit cartoony but it's almost as if they are blasting Manowar while you're doing the quests, come on
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-05-24 at 07:40 PM.

Unfortunately the fact that it's voice acted means it's all but set in stone. They won't even do re-writes after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TalinSilverbane View Post
    Sad thing is, I remember that before the beta I remember leaks from the warrior questline showing us recruiting new Valarjar like Nazgrel and Eitrigg. And that we would find the spirits of Grom Hellscream and Anduin Freaking Lothar...but no...why would we want old favourites when we can have FUCKING VYRKUL!
    Blizzard probably felt that collecting the souls of the dead felt a little too much like the death knight campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Blizzard probably felt that collecting the souls of the dead felt a little too much like the death knight campaign.
    You collect and enslave the soul of Ymiron as a warrior.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg