Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    you get a loot box every time you level.....
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
    you get a loot box every time you level.....
    This. And it is basically infinite levels.

Deleted
    .. Considering how many of these lootboxes we essentially will end up with during play you have to be tremendously impatient to go for this route.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I spent like a fiver when I got those skins. Sorry I earn an income I guess? Also simple solution, don't buy loot boxes since they are easily earned ingame.
    Well good for you. Some of us just can't stomach the fact that they are pumping money out of people they call whales and manipulate their customers into spending as much money as possible. Possibly even abusing such lovely things as gambling addiction. Let's face it, that's what these blind boxes are doing, essentially being lottery tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    .. Considering how many of these lootboxes we essentially will end up with during play you have to be tremendously impatient to go for this route.
    I joked about spending 50 quid but I'm not a fool. Spent like a tenner on lootboxes in total since it really isn't that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Well good for you. Some of us just can't stomach the fact that they are pumping money out of people they call whales and manipulate their customers into spending as much money as possible. Possibly even abusing such lovely things as gambling addiction. Let's face it, that's what these blind boxes are doing, essentially being lottery tickets.
    Again you don't have to buy them. I just chose to. You can easily farm as many as you want by just playing. Also because other loot boxes in other games similar don't do this kind of shit? Also I only see you crying about it so far so lemme know when the "some" arrive rather than one
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I joked about spending 50 quid but I'm not a fool. Spent like a tenner on lootboxes in total since it really isn't that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Again you don't have to buy them. I just chose to. You can easily farm as many as you want by just playing. Also because other loot boxes in other games similar don't do this kind of shit? Also I only see you crying about it so far so lemme know when the "some" arrive rather than one
    Exaclty, so I choose not to buy the game. How hard is it just to accept my reasoning and leave it be?

Exaclty, so I choose not to buy the game. How hard is it just to accept my reasoning and leave it be?
    Because your reasoning is idiotic due to the fact that you are pretending that the stuff that is offered through the boxes used to be widely free in your alternate reality past.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Not saying you don't have a choice that would be denying you the free will a human has. I'm saying your stance on the store is moronic as you can farm loot boxes in the game without having to spend anything and since there is an unlimited amount of levels you can keep farming. So again stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Can you hand in a non-winning ticket to get some credit back ?
    No.
    Can you get a free lottery ticket regularly for doing other stuff ?
    No.

Not even close.
    You just are another jumping on the transaction hate bandwagon for the sake of it.

Purely cosmetic/aesthetic choices in no way offering player power.
    No exclusivity to the store-bought crates.

Those being the main criticisms people lay out for the other stores, in WoW and in Hearthstone.
    So you have no argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Oh wow now we have to be grateful that we don't have to spend money to gain an edge on an online game we already bought and paid for /snort.
    Actually it does s the fact that you don't need to spend any money unless you chose to. Just because something exists doesn't mean you have to buy it. If you have to buy something just because the option is there then that is on you and your control issues.

Thank you for informing us, I won't be buying this game then.
    -Boxes contain only cosmetics
    -Boxes are ALSO rewarded regularly for playing the game (one box every time you level, no level cap)
    -Duplicate box items are converted to gold you can use to buy said cosmetics directly

LITERALLY the only thing those boxes do is speed up the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    Honestly I have no idea how Blizzard expects to make money on them.

I'm a whale and I won't be buying them. Probably...

- - - Updated - - -

If your reasoning is that you don't like the game or don't want to play it, that's fine, not like you have to. I think that if your reasoning is that you don't like the payment model, it's fair to criticise that reasoning. Because OW's payment model really couldn't have more minor "microtransactions".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This payment model works perfectly.

Buy the game, have access to everything from the get go and into the future.

Purely cosmetic micro-transactions on a shop. Good for them!

Now on WoW however... box sale + monthly sub + cash shop... that's silly, but hey, who cares at this point. At least they got it right on OW
    What a load of crap.

Seriously

The difference is basicly this:
    The updates that wow get requires FAR more man power and resources. If wow did not have a sub model blizzard wouldnt be a profit company.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-05-24 at 01:18 AM.

You collect loot boxes as you level.
    You can choose to buy loot boxes with real money.
    Loot boxes contain purely cosmetic items.

What the hell are people complaining about here?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post

For the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post

The fact that have to buy them, which is obviously false since you can absolutely unlock everything without buying any boxes. Sure it will take time but I am fairly sure that was the intend..

10+ Year Old Account
    Because your "reasoning" is blatantly false and is just spreading even more misinformation to the uninformed that these loot boxes have items that increase play power when they do not. It's all cosmetic shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Because your "reasoning" is blatantly false and is just spreading even more misinformation to the uninformed that these loot boxes have items that increase play power when they do not. It's all cosmetic shit
    Feel free to show me where I've said it "increases play power".

10+ Year Old Account
    So then your entire argument is even more stupid because you're crying about RNG.

awww cute you've got like 5 people in a row telling you your view is moronic or idiotic, but you just keep going.

i'll make it easy for you and give you what you want.

you're correct, yes your view is perfect you nailed it everyone else is wrong, well done sir have a pat on the back, you may now open a beer and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    awww cute you've got like 5 people in a row telling you your view is moronic or idiotic, but you just keep going.

i'll make it easy for you and give you what you want.

you're correct, yes your view is perfect you nailed it everyone else is wrong, well done sir have a pat on the back, you may now open a beer and chill.
    Whiskey>Beer.