Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong, but pointless to argue with you as you refuse to see the difference.
    No, Kell - You are 100% wrong.
    You are innocent, untill a court proves you are guilty.
    That means, if you are found not guilty, you continue to be innocent, as you started innocent.

Hence why he might actually be innocent. But again it doesnt really matter.
    Innocent until proven guilty. He was not proven guilty so he is innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. He was not proven guilty so he is innocent.
    He was found not guilty, which doesnt mean he was found to be innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What are you talking about?
    You want some real case where some criminal lied about police 'brutality' or what?
    No, I want a real case of police being unable to enforce the law and chaos breaking out just because they convicted a cop who was guilty of murder... for murder. Whatever worst-case apocalyptic bullshit you guys mean when you say things like

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    no one would want to work as a cop because
    You're attempting to apply some kind of negative consequence to being able to put cops in jail for breaking the law. Surely you have some historical precedent to reference here?

The reality is, the chaos breaks out when the public constantly sees these cops getting away with murder. That's when you get the rioting. Not the other way around.

It does in the US court system. I don't know what backwards 3rd world shithole you're from.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone now calm down.

Just give them their space.

OT: No charges going to jury trial, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    You're attempting to apply some kind of negative consequence to being able to put cops in jail for breaking the law. Surely you have some historical precedent to reference here?

The reality is, the chaos breaks out when the public constantly sees these cops getting away with murder. That's when you get the rioting. Not the other way around.
    You know that cops can get put in jail for breaking law? It happens regulary. My point is that forcing cops to prove innocence for any claim will most likely end in reduced number of cops. And no I dont have historical precedent of fking democratic countries changing their court system to guilty until proven innocent.

And with chaos you mean the court of public opinion thinks someone is guilty based on no facts / evidence and is angry about the outcome and decides to burn down their own neighborhood while looting the stores.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-24 at 01:20 AM.

You know that cops can get put in jail for breaking law? It happens regulary. My point is that forcing cops to prove innocence for any claim will most likely end in reduced number of cops. And no I dont have historical precedent of fking democratic countries changing their court system to guilty until proven innocent.

And with chaos you mean the court of public opinion thinks someone is guilty based on no facts / evidence and is angry about the outcome and decides to burn down their own neighborhood while looting the stores.
    So you mean society doesn't break down when cops get held to the same standard as normal citizens?

Fancy that.

So you mean society doesn't break down when cops get held to the same standard as normal citizens?

Fancy that.
    How are cops hold to the same standard as normal citizens when you ask for cops to be hold to a higher standard? Get you shit together man.

Everyone should be equal before the law (like it is now).
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-24 at 01:05 AM.

Everyone should be equal before the law (like it is now).
    Ideally, sure. In reality it's nothing like that, and everybody knows it.

Well, anybody who gives a shit about reality. We are on a video gaming forum, after all.

Deleted
    No, I want a real case of police being unable to enforce the law and chaos breaking out just because they convicted a cop who was guilty of murder... for murder. Whatever worst-case apocalyptic bullshit you guys mean when you say things like
    You mean you want a situation where the police is unable to maintain law and order because they risk blowback ?
    You should look to sweden to begin with.

You're attempting to apply some kind of negative consequence to being able to put cops in jail for breaking the law.
    You are not proposing that, you are proposing reversing the burden of guilt.

- - - Updated - - -

Ideally, sure. In reality it's nothing like that, and everybody knows it.

Well, anybody who gives a shit about reality. We are on a video gaming forum, after all.
    yes, but you are advocating we should stop having that as a goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    But who fucking gives a shit at this point? A court of law said he was innocent, so guess what, as far as the law is concerned, he is innocent.

Whether you think he is or not literally doesn't matter.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Is this the type of society you are comfortable living in? Your brother could be killed due to police negligence and then the suspects get off easily.
    You don't know me, so it would go to understand that you wouldn't know I don't have a brother. But we'll substitute my sister int his instance. From the details int he case, I am 100% certain that my sister would be perfectly safe. My sister is a law abiding citizen, but say some strange circumstance cause her to be arrested, then she would comply, not trying to inflict an injury upon herself so that she can claim police brutality, and the like.

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I, and my family are safe, and wouldn't come to harm in police custody. Thus, your argument is invalid.

Now, in the extremely unlikely situation that a family member of mine was hurt, or even killed in police custody, then I would be upset, rightfully so. But I wouldn't threaten the officer in question should he be found not guilty.

The media sensationalizes police brutality, yet it is in fact statistically minor when ALL police actions are taken into consideration. As such, when a life is lost, it is a tragedy, but if the courts find the officer innocent, then the officer is innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    The state's duty isn't just to prosecute anyone the public opinion tells them to.
    I didn't mean to imply that the state's duty was to prosecute public opinion. I mean that public opinion usually implies guilty until proven innocent, then the public cries bias or rigged jury or whatever the case may be.

I also meant the state didn't provide enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict, as such the officer has been found innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Freddie's spine broken?

Who breaks their own spine?

They fucked him up and are lying about it, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Wasn't Freddie's spine broken?

Who breaks their own spine?

They fucked him up and are lying about it, guaranteed.
    But it wasn't broken before he got into the van so Nero had nothing to do with that part since he was a bicycle cop.

But it wasn't broken before he got into the van so Nero had nothing to do with that part since he was a bicycle cop.
    And Tom was just the driver and Bill was just following orders and Dave didn't really see anything.

Yeah... right.

And Tom was just the driver and Bill was just following orders and Dave didn't really see anything.

Yeah... right.
    So, the guy who had fuck all to do with the van is to be held responsible for what happened after the van left? Is that what you're saying?

So, the guy who had fuck all to do with the van is to be held responsible for what happened after the van left? Is that what you're saying?
    I'm saying nobody's really responsible for anything when cops are involved, but normal citizens get pulled from left field to have blame assigned when there's a crime to be answered for.

I'm saying nobody's really responsible for anything when cops are involved, but normal citizens get pulled from left field to have blame assigned when there's a crime to be answered for.
    And if there's no evidence then they're declared not guilty. I'm not exactly sure what you want from this. Smells like a witch hunt.

im just waiting on the idiots in baltimore if they riot when the black officers involved in that go free.