Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    You people are trying to comparing being gay to being an asshole. I don't have to do any mental gymnastics to know that's idiotic.
    I'm not, I just find it amusing that someone thinks it's a logically sound position to hold the view of "it's ok to squelch someone's views if I disagree with them".

Deleted
    Yes, it is, because being gay and being an asshole are not the same thing.
    Blue and Red are different colors.
    Company named Colortube says that Red is an asshole and he should be banned. Yellow comes in and says: "It's all fine everyone, because Colortube is a private business"
    Company named Tonertube bans Blue because some of his videos are breaking the rules. Orange comes in and argues that Blue and Red are different colors, therefore one deserves to be banned and banning of the other one is a discrimination.

I think we're clear on this one. What I'm wondering is if you're Yellow, or Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm not, I just find it amusing that someone thinks it's a logically sound position to hold the view of "it's ok to squelch someone's views if I disagree with them".
    No. If a gay pride youtuber is being an asshole they should also be banned.

Blue and Red are different colors.
    Company named Colortube says that Red is an asshole and he should be banned. Yellow comes in and says: "It's all fine everyone, because Colortube is a private business"
    Company named Tonertube bans Blue because some of his videos are breaking the rules. Orange comes in and argues that Blue and Red are different colors, therefore one deserves to be banned and banning of the other one is discrimination.

I think we're clear on this one. What I'm wondering is if you're Yellow, or Orange.
    This analogy is all kinds of retarded. Want to try again with something less idiotic or are you going to stick with this as your final answer? The fact that you can't see the difference between being gay and being an asshole is rather disturbing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Youtube would have no trouble banning either.
    The argument is either good, or not.
    You cant say its good when you use it against racists, and bad if you use it against gay people.
    Well, you can, but that's called hypocrisy.
    Because by definition, evidence of being a racist is antagonizing to patrons. Racists are not banned, such as in this case, until their videos are antagonizing other patrons. There is no hypocrisy, unless you think being racist and gay are the same. But, in that case, someone saying they like apples is a hypocrite because the drive a car.

Ironically enouph, by definition, conclusive evidence of you being gay, would also get you banned in YouTube.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Youtube would have no trouble banning either.
    The argument is either good, or not.
    You cant say its good when you use it against racists, and bad if you use it against gay people.
    Well, you can, but that's called hypocrisy.
    Because by definition, evidence of being a racist is antagonizing to patrons. Racists are not banned, such as in this case, until their videos are antagonizing other patrons. There is no hypocrisy, unless you think being racist and gay are the same. But, in that case, someone saying they like apples is a hypocrite because they drive a car.

Ironically enouph, by definition, conclusive evidence of you being gay, would also get you banned in YouTube.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    No. If a gay pride youtuber is being an asshole they should also be banned.

This analogy is all kinds of retarded. Want to try again with something less idiotic or are you going to stick with this as your final answer? The fact that you can't see the difference between being gay and being an asshole is rather disturbing as well.
    I mean I had to go all down to that kind of discussion to get closer to you and you say it's idiotic? Way to insult yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I can't believe someone would describe her as "angel faced"!
    I know, right? She looks inbred with a few extra chromosomes.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I mean I had to go all down to that kind of discussion to get closer to you and you say it's idiotic? Way to insult yourself.
    lol

Whatever makes you feel better. I'm not the one that's having problem seeing the difference between a chosen behavior(being an asshole) and an unchangeable characteristic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I'm pretty sure both sides of the political spectrum view the other as assholes, that doesn't mean either side should be shut down by the other. Especially in this case, where from what I saw of her videos she was using facts. Even in her more controversial videos like "how to identify a jew" she was using actual physical traits as a basis for her reasoning. Now I am in no way saying that she was right to do this, but it does beg the question if someone made a video titled "How to identify a Brit" or "How to Identify a German" would it get as much attention? I tend to believe the answer is no, and therefore there is a double standard when it comes to free speech.
    Are making an argument that you are to tolerate people who call you an asshole? If they think you are an asshole, then you have to convince them you are not an asshole before you can tolerate them. Otherwise, you are tolerating them, by succumbing, not negotiating, debating or even conversing. Being complacent is not tolerance...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are making an argument that you are to tolerate people who call you an asshole? If they think you are an asshole, then you have to convince them you are not an asshole before you can tolerate them. Otherwise, you are tolerating them, by succumbing, not negotiating, debating or even conversing. Being complacent is not tolerance...
    I disagree with people that call me an asshole, but I do not doubt their right to call me an asshole, if neither of us are allowed to criticize each other then we both lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Which is dumb because they allow all the salty as fuck feminist videos and a myriad of other stupid shit.
    Except they have banned many of those videos... as well...

It's a site with a lot of videos...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Yep, they ban plenty of assholes from all political ideologies. We just only hear about the contrastive ones because they're a bunch of babies.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I dunno, they keep letting Anita have a platform to keep posting her PMS videos about video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I dunno, they keep letting Anita have a platform to keep posting her PMS videos about video games.
    So about 500 hours of video is uploaded every minute and for some reason you think one person who isn't banned negates the many that are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Female edgelord, the end (Edgelady? Edgelass? Edgedame?).

So ludicrous that I can't take it seriously.
    I don't think it really depends on gender. But yes, "edgelady" sounds about right!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    And she has that voice. She just isn't allowed to say her ignorant bullshit on youtube. Racists are up in arms and bringing up black people who say "cracker" like it makes what she did better. Because here's the thing about racists...they're usually some of the dumbest people on the planet to believe that skin color actually matters.
    You indiscriminately think everyone is racist for supporting free speech. Maybe her beef is based on stereotypes and not color. Racism is racism; trivializing and excusing "cracker" makes you the worst type of sjw, the racist type.

Deleted
    So about 500 hours of video is uploaded every minute and for some reason you think one person who isn't banned negates the many that are?
    She got banned because of publicity. Which Anita has plenty of.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    You indiscriminately think everyone is racist for supporting free speech. Maybe her beef is based on stereotypes and not color. Racism is racism; trivializing and excusing "cracker" makes you the worst type of sjw, the racist type.
    Lol no. Supporting her racist beliefs is racist. And Torgent didn't excuse the word "cracker"....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, they ban plenty of assholes from all political ideologies. We just only hear about the contrastive ones because they're a bunch of babies.
    It's kind of like this forum in other words. Mods hand out infractions, but you only hear crying about it from those with a persecution complex. Youtube bans a fuckton of controversial videos, but you only hear about the conservative ones because they love to make a big deal about "muh rights"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Failing to read and understand the words and concepts makes you as dumb as the girl who no longer has a youtube channel. I don't think free speech supporters are racist. I think you and your lot complaining about her being banned then directly pointing to a black person and saying "Why aren't they banned? They said cracker!" is ignorant. She wasn't banned for saying the N word, she was banned for constant hate speech. There's a difference. But I don't expect you to see that. I never excused the word cracker, first of all. And second of all, cracker doesn't really carry much meaning behind it. It's a meaningless racial term. If you want to be offended by it, go ahead, but it means nothing.The N word on the other hand does carry some serious negative connotations, but even then is just a word. I don't believe in being offended by words, but if someone wants to be, that's on them.