Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess that policeman 'din du nuffin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/baltimo...eath-1.3596368

Wow.
    This is shameful. What is going on with the legal system?
    Tennis, when did you become an expert on US law?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    And Tom was just the driver and Bill was just following orders and Dave didn't really see anything.

Yeah... right.
    So, what? Everyone in earshot is responsible? Do you think 12 ops all got together, held hands, and broke his spine together? They all had a single hand on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    im just waiting on the idiots in baltimore if they riot when the black officers involved in that go free.
    You got a stream and popcorn ready to? Last time I watched a peaceful protest rob a corner side library box and throw flaming books at police I am hoping fo a gun night.

The cop who put him in the van and handcuffed him wasn't responsible. The guy driving the van wasn't responsible. The guys sitting in the back of the van with him, were they responsible? I guess nobody is really responsible for it, so we don't really have to change anything to make sure it doesn't happen again, because nothing really happened the first time... right?

But the rioters... they're surely responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    im just waiting on the idiots in baltimore if they riot when the black officers involved in that go free.
    Never really understood this. How do people correlate being angry with the police lead to detroying homes, businesses, public property and even lives?

I also don't know why people do the same thing when a sports franchise wins a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Never really understood this. How do people correlate being angry with the police lead to detroying homes, businesses, public property and even lives?

I also don't know why people do the same thing when a sports franchise wins a championship.
    What's your suggested alternative that's at least as effective?

The cop who put him in the van and handcuffed him wasn't responsible. The guy driving the van wasn't responsible. The guys sitting in the back of the van with him, were they responsible? I guess nobody is really responsible for it, so we don't really have to change anything to make sure it doesn't happen again, because nothing really happened the first time... right?

The rioters are responsible for rioting sure....why wouldn't they be?

Can you give a reasonable scenario where this particular officer is responsible for what happened in the van after it had left and he went on his way back to being a bicycle cop? Or will you just dodge with a "He's not responsible! He's not responsible! Everybody's not responsible!" schtick again.

Why not just make everyone in the whole department responsible then? You know, to send a message?

He had a hurt back from surgery freaked out and broke it. It seems like the one responsible is him. There isn't any evidence of wrong doing.

What's your suggested alternative that's at least as effective?
    How was it effective at all? What did it accomplish? Besides turning Baltimore into even more of a shit hole? So far the cops haven't been imprisoned? As far as I've seen there hasn't been sweeping changes to police policy. It literally accomplished nothing positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why not just make everyone in the whole department responsible then? You know, to send a message?
    Everybody is responsible for the lack of justice found here, that's why they're all held accountable for it. That's why you see the rioting, and police officers getting killed randomly, etc.

When there's isn't real justice, you get mob justice. Shouldn't be all gung-ho about cops killing whoever they want and getting away with it, and then wonder why those pesky black people are blocking traffic.

All I'm really saying is, it's entirely up to the cops to get their shit together. That's step 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How was it effective at all? What did it accomplish? Besides turning Baltimore into even more of a shit hole? So far the cops haven't been imprisoned? As far as I've seen there hasn't been sweeping changes to police policy. It literally accomplished nothing positive.
    It creates political capital to make changes. Though, working within the system, you aren't going to get more than token changes.

But if you delude yourself with the idea that you actually can change things within the system, or that the system will respond, this is how that change occurs.

Everybody is responsible for the lack of justice found here, that's why they're all held accountable for it. That's why you see the rioting, and police officers getting killed randomly, etc.

When there's isn't real justice, you get mob justice. Shouldn't be all gung-ho about cops killing whoever they want and getting away with it, and then wonder why those pesky black people are blocking traffic.

All I'm really saying is, it's entirely up to the cops to get their shit together. That's step 1.
    You didn't answer my question. Lets just execute on the cops at that department. Their families too. Surely thats justice.

You didn't answer my question. Lets just execute on the cops at that department. Their families too. Surely thats justice.
    Surely it's as "just" as police officers abducting people off the street who haven't even been accused of a crime, strapping their hands and feet together so they can't move, and then bouncing them around in the back of a van until they die.

Since that's the bar we're starting at, your attempted hyperbole barely exaggerates the real situation. Sure, it sounds like a great idea.

Surely it's as "just" as police officers abducting people off the street who haven't even been accused of a crime, strapping their hands and feet together so they can't move, and then bouncing them around in the back of a van until they die.

Since that's the bar we're starting at, your attempted hyperbole barely exaggerates the real situation. Sure, it sounds like a great idea.
    Its disturbing that you think something like that is justice. Spite and vengeance is all it really is.... very sad. You need to seek help.

Its disturbing that you think something like that is justice. Spite and vengeance is all it really is.... very sad. You need to seek help.
    It's sad that you come up with this ridiculous shit, but can't spot obvious sarcasm.

It's sad that you come up with this ridiculous shit, but can't spot obvious sarcasm.
    Is it sarcasm? You want this man to be seen as guilty... because he was in the area. Thats not justice either.

Deleted
    Baltimore riots in 3... 2... 1...

Police got away with murder you say? Idk why anyone is surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/baltimo...eath-1.3596368

Wow.
    This is shameful. What is going on with the legal system?
    What is shameful is the fact that people get bent all out of shape when a verdict doesn't go they way they want it to. The judge had the evidence, NOT you. There wasn't evidence supporting the charges. Get over yourself.....What you think means absolutely nothing when it comes to this case.

Except he did do something wrong. Primarily he had a switchblade on him which was legal in Maryland but illegal in Baltimore City. Secondly, someone with 20 criminal charges in the past, 5 of which were still active, sprinted away from the police when he saw they were nearby. The police knew exactly who he was and pursued. More than likely he HAD done something else recently that just never got investigated due to the death, but they found the switchblade which was enough.

So exactly where was he abducted and not accused?