Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone Else Gonna Miss Hellfire & Soulfire?

It sucks that they removed these abilities. Even though some people disliked hellfire, it was still an awesome spell for farming old dungeons,raids, and aoe'ing and the animation was really neat when you had green fire active on your lock. Soulfire was always really neat concept wise.It was a fire spell that burned the enemies foe. You can't get more warlock themed than that and again the green fire version was amazing looking. I wish they didn't get rid of these spells anyone else feel the same way?

Deleted
    I thought that soulfire in its current incarnation was really boring. And even though I like the fantasy behind Hellfire, I never really liked the spell, so I can't say I'm sad to see them go.

I think removing them actually helps draw a more clear line between demonology and destruction. Now demonology focuses completely on demons and empowering them, while destruction uses fire to deal with its enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I do have to wonder at the Chaos Bolt vs Soul Fire choice for Destruction. Soul Fire is pretty much a warlock classic, whereas Chaos Bolt was only introduced in Wrath, where it wasn't too high on the DPET chart (If I recall, you pretty much never used it in PvE), but it ignored all resistances, absorbs, AND immunities, and was thus useful in PvP. Of course, it got turned into a rotational cooldown in Cata, and then into its current form in MoP.

Hopefully there will be a glyph of Soulfire.

As for Hellfire... Shoulda replaced Rain of Fire for Destro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Loved soul fire back in the days but was irritating to see that pyroblst had the same animation.

I personally would like to see them ditch rain of fire from destruction and put hellfire in its place, with a different mechanic ( perhaps give it a target circle and make it like a geyser spitting fire from the ground )

There's enough ' raining from above' spells in the game already, and hellfire was relatively unique in comparison

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire? Sure.

Soul Fire though is barely above Searing Pain on my "meh" list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Fire used to be awesome, but it turned progressively into shit it is now, so might as well put it out of it's misery already. It's basically an example why you should not try to push too much crap into one spec - your individual spells become shit.

Could be cool to have it as a talent ability that costs 5 soul shards and does massive damage.

I thought this was a hearthstone-thread and got a little scared.

Hellfire/Immo aura was unique, but the channeling made it weak (not to mention it was somewhat minor in terms of damage output)

Soulfire was out of place in demo, and frankly should have been what destro had in lieu of chaos bolt. They should have been swapped (CB for demo, SF for destro). SF needed a better graphic as well.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

No. Thematically, I didn't think they made much sense for Demonology and seemed really out of place. Since fire is kind of Destruction's thing.

I'm glad to see both abilities go.

Crossing my fingers for a chaos bolt to soulfire glyph. But yeah, Rip hellfire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Personally, I do have to wonder at the Chaos Bolt vs Soul Fire choice for Destruction. Soul Fire is pretty much a warlock classic, whereas Chaos Bolt was only introduced in Wrath, where it wasn't too high on the DPET chart (If I recall, you pretty much never used it in PvE), but it ignored all resistances, absorbs, AND immunities, and was thus useful in PvP. Of course, it got turned into a rotational cooldown in Cata, and then into its current form in MoP.

Hopefully there will be a glyph of Soulfire.

As for Hellfire... Shoulda replaced Rain of Fire for Destro.
    Wotlk CB was a buffed incinerate with 12sec cd, you'd still use it in pve anyway
    Soulfire was our biggest nuke hitting even harder than the pyro iirc and using 1 shard. I kinda miss those days of 4 sec hardcast pyro+1 shard 1 shot in pvp. Too bad they turned it down progressively

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, it would be nice if Hellfire was implemented as "burst" AoE for Desto. High mana/health cost, but really !@#$ing high AoE damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I will miss Hellfire for solo play, but not so much group play.

I really wish they had added Soulfire to Destro as an instant proc. Like Lava burst or Frostfire Bolt..

I'm team soulfire glyph. Ive always felt attached to hellfire because of the bc cinematic, sad that it's not apart of warlocks in legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will miss both.

Soul Fire should replace Shadow Bolt at certain level and Hellfire should be Demonwrath.
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Could be cool to have it as a talent ability that costs 5 soul shards and does massive damage.
    yes! this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Never liked that I had to go into melee to do Hellfire. Never liked that Soulfire felt like weak spell comparing to it's size unlike Chaos bolt.
    WoD/MoP SF? Maybe
    Vanilla/TBC SF? That thing was hitting harder than a pyro 1shotting people

15+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire is rly useful to solo lower level content without making any effort, sucks to see it go after so many years.

I don't mind Blizz removing a massive amount of things from Warlocks if they give them cool new stuff but honestly it seems we're losing a whole lot more then we are gaining this expansion, which is really lame for the ppl who still play. WoD was a fail expansion and I played through it and my reward is to get massively nerfed and lose a shit ton of flavor in Legion if I want to keep playing.

I rly don't understand the way Blizz does business but apparently neither do millions of other ppl who have already left.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-05-25 at 04:15 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno