Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    If they end up giving tactician a few % points back in reset chance Arms would definitely be the more stable spec, and the other thing it has going for it is a much more stable talent setup for various situations as opposed to fury needing to change for everything in the world.
    bump it up by about 10% and change the tier 19 4 pc bonus to maybe just simply give a flat dmg increase will be a sensible way to make the base rotation meaningful.

Deleted
    Hopefully they leave the 20% reset chance on the tier bonus and the 6% from the artifact. 36% chance to reset sounds nice, especially once you can WW 2 or 3 targets, just a shame we have to get gear again to make the spec play to its potential.

Just noticed the tier bonus says the 20% is only on crits, so not as good as I was thinking.
    Last edited by mmocf3799dd41f; 2016-05-24 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Small note. Even now that MS is added to tactician, MS is ONLY worth using when you have Shattered Defenses up, otherwise Slam is better (assuming you have the weapon trait).

Only very minor damage increase I could find was that it can be used sub20% if you're just under the rage cap, in order to prevent yourself from capping, other than that it's still very much a dead button most of the time.
    That must only be on single target, no way mortal strike is only worth using with shattered defense when you're on 2-3 targets and have sweeping strike.

How important is cs uptime/mastery scaling after all those nerfs to that rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    That must only be on single target, no way mortal strike is only worth using with shattered defense when you're on 2-3 targets and have sweeping strike.
    Obviously with Sweeping Strikes MS is better, but even then not by much.

They should just buff the dmg of MS and Slam by 50% and thats it gg arms is fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    They should just buff the dmg of MS and Slam by 50% and thats it gg arms is fixed
    So... the current problem is that MS isn't worth using over Slam, because of Slams damage and higher chance to reset CS. And your solution is to buff MS and Slam by 50%. How exactly does that fix anything?

gg Arms is in the same exact spot it was before.

So Blizzard wants us to gear towards some crit just so we can benefit from the tier set, but before that is there any use for crit at all outside of more dmg?

During battlecry you want to burst as much as possible, but then crit is useless & you dont really need the rage gen before 20%. At the same time if MS isnt worth hitting without shattered defense, what makes execute worth hitting without shattered defense (unless you're about to ragecap or have cd's active ofc)?

Its kinda sad, but versatility looks like a better stat than crit at the moment.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-05-24 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    Wouldn't it be better to greatly increase tactician proc and reduce the buff that mastery gives? I'm curious if it would work but it's against blizz vision of arms as slow high hitting spec, because increasing the proc would make the arms too fast paced

Quote Originally Posted by Therius View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to greatly increase tactician proc and reduce the buff that mastery gives? I'm curious if it would work but it's against blizz vision of arms as slow high hitting spec, because increasing the proc would make the arms too fast paced
    You mean reduce the amount of dmg it gives? Currently its better to go full versatility over mastery when specing into Titanic Might and reducing the damage that mastery gives you even futher would just be a bad idea. If anything the tier 19 set should just become baseline and a lot of problems would be solved.

Deleted
    No i mean the mastery buff i think it's called shattered defense (soz im not on beta). Just to give higher uptime and some more procs on CS and MS and thus reduce the slam spam.

EDIT: I agree with you that t19 set should just become baseline, but i think it would be a bit too much op if it would be baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Therius View Post
    No i mean the mastery buff i think it's called shattered defense (soz im not on beta). Just to give higher uptime and some more procs on CS and MS and thus reduce the slam spam.

EDIT: I agree with you that t19 set should just become baseline, but i think it would be a bit too much op if it would be baseline.
    Im not really following you right now.

Our mastery is called Mastery: Colossal Might and it increase the damage of CS and the damage you do to the target that has CS debuff on them. The ability you're talking about (shattered defense) is a major artifact trait. This ability increases the damage and critical chance of your next mortal strike or execute and the buff will be consumed after that.

So if you want to reduce the damage/crit bonus in order to increase the chance of resetting CS, I could see that somewhat working, but as soon as you obtain tier 19 set bonus you would probably want the current version.

Deleted
    So what do you guys actually prefer;

Overpower or Dauntless? I think both are pretty useful though I wish that OP was just baseline and does not have to be picked as a talent. It really just seems like this is a question of whether you want to be competitive or have an additional active talent to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    If anything the tier 19 set should just become baseline and a lot of problems would be solved.
    You know how many times this has been said? We'd have three spell books worth of mechanics and the spec would still be broken!

The tier bonus sucks. It doesn't need to be baseline, it needs to be cut out, burned to a crisp and flushed down the toilet. Stacking chance on a chance is one of the worst mechanics in the game, and has received wide criticism just about every time it's been implemented. Furthermore, it doesn't do anything to fix the problems with the spec, just halfway covers it with a shoddy band-aid, and really doesn't do much to bring crit out of the gutter either.

The last thing you want is to add RNG on top of something else that's already dependent on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Small note. Even now that MS is added to tactician, MS is ONLY worth using when you have Shattered Defenses up, otherwise Slam is better (assuming you have the weapon trait).

Only very minor damage increase I could find was that it can be used sub20% if you're just under the rage cap, in order to prevent yourself from capping, other than that it's still very much a dead button most of the time.
    Is there an up to date simcraft it for this? If not do you mind posting your findings? I still haven't been able to sit down at a computer since last Thursday (no Overwatch yet T-T).

The next step Blizzard will probably do is nerf Shattered Defenses, assuming your math is correct. I can't see them nerfing slam or, changing Trauma to MS.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

I tend to keep my finds to myself until release is very close, due to the fact that all information is still in flux. If I release definitive answers now, they may be used at a later date, after said information have gone out of date, meaning false information is spread. To avoid that I simply wait until the last second until I publicly release my finds.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    They really need to just go back to Wrath/BC style sets where everything had sockets. Sockets were boring when all you did was jam Primary stats in them. But one of the things they did RIGHT in WoD was removing Primary stats from Gems and making Secondary stats more interesting to classes. Things like Multistrike making Bleeds tic faster, Critical Strike being more resource generation on classes, Haste more resource generation.

They could make far more interesting talents that rely on certain secondary stats if they allowed players to manipulate what secondary stats they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Is there an up to date simcraft it for this? If not do you mind posting your findings? I still haven't been able to sit down at a computer since last Thursday (no Overwatch yet T-T).

The next step Blizzard will probably do is nerf Shattered Defenses, assuming your math is correct. I can't see them nerfing slam or, changing Trauma to MS.
    Wouldn't a sufficient nerf to shattered defenses simply remove MS from the rotation altogether? It's the only mechanic holding MS up at all right now. The easiest fix I think would be nerfing EtW or putting our other attacks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Wouldn't a sufficient nerf to shattered defenses simply remove MS from the rotation altogether? It's the only mechanic holding MS up at all right now. The easiest fix I think would be nerfing EtW or putting our other attacks on it.
    Indeed, I don't see how nerfing Shattered Defenses accomplishes anything. Unless they then also buff Mortal Strike again. It still goes back to the day 1 argument. Mastery, Colossus Smash, and Shattered Defenses are uber powerful. Anything that isn't giving you as many resets as possible is devalued. Unless it does full mongo nuclear damage like Bladestorm.

Also, Exploit the Weakness was originally designed around a 20% base reset chance (and I think it was even 25% in one build?) so a 6% buff on 20 or 25 is relatively much weaker than a 6% buff on 10%. When slam has a 60% better chance (or more with relics) of giving you a CS reset than anything else. Well...there you have it.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-05-24 at 02:34 PM.