Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BioViva FIJI - First Clinic to Treat Aging

It's a start. Anyone got a million bucks to treat aging?

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/...-with-bioviva/

"Sierra Sciences and BioViva - Liz Parrish - have now joined forces. We have started a new company, called BioViva Fiji, on Fiji island, and we are now building a large-scale production facility and a clinic to soon be able to provide a gene therapy approach towards curing aging."
    Fiji, like many countries in the Asia-Pacific region, has been taking steps in recent years to make itself attractive as a destination for medical tourism, and thereby encourage the growth of high-end local industries that benefit from the wealth of larger and more prosperous countries. It makes a lot of sense as a long-term plan, and competition between regions for medical tourism will hopefully prevent these countries from falling into the overregulated repression of medical development found in the US and Europe, a state of affairs that slows development and that gave rise to medical tourism in the first place. Fiji is the destination for this particular effort, but it could equally have been any of a number of other choices.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2016-05-24 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    on Fiji island
    It should have been TAHITI. TAHITI is a wonderful place.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Wow... looks like Ray Kurzweil is going to be proven right, but over a decade earlier than he predicted...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    It should have been TAHITI. TAHITI is a wonderful place.
    What's wrong with Fiji? Dave Lister was gonna go there, so it must be bleedin' beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Wow... looks like Ray Kurzweil is going to be proven right, but over a decade earlier than he predicted...
    BioViva hasn't done any controlled tests or published any of the supposed 'confirmations' of their single dubious test, so I'd take their claims with a bucket of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer
    What's wrong with Fiji?
    Well, after the eruption, I'd have to put the sheep on stilts. Might be a decent place for a hotdog stand though.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Biological immortality would be amazing! In my 20s forever.. whats not to like? They need to do away with retirement if this becomes a thing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    When you factor in things like cost, and time it takes for approval, it will really take till 2030. Also those early adopters won't exactly get the best stuff. Once it's been perfected and cheaper, we'll get much better versions of the therapies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Biological immortality would be amazing! In my 20s forever.. whats not to like? They need to do away with retirement if this becomes a thing though.
    Would it even be worth immortality if it meant working some shitty job for the rest of time?

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    What's wrong with Fiji? Dave Lister was gonna go there, so it must be bleedin' beautiful.
    TAHITI is a wonderful place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Biological immortality would be amazing! In my 20s forever
    Yeah, wouldn't it be amazing if mega rich corporate parasites and corrupt politicians could stay youthful and live forever?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Would it even be worth immortality if it meant working some shitty job for the rest of time?
    The people who could afford it probably aren't working shitty jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia
    TAHITI is a wonderful place.
    Massage, drinks ... magical!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Well, after the eruption, I'd have to put the sheep on stilts. Might be a decent place for a hotdog stand though.
    You, sir... you know. I tilt my metaphorical hat to you, and may the great Cloister show you the way!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Time is money friend, give me more time and you give me more opportunities to dig my way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer
    may the great Cloister show you the way!
    You know Fuchal. May you never violate the Fifth Sacred Law!

Deleted
    It's not for everyone anyway. You need deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    You, sir... you know. I tilt my metaphorical hat to you, and may the great Cloister show you the way!
    What colour hat?

I've done a lot of thinking and i'm pretty sure that aging and even dying is essential to life. I have a suspicion that we'll learn quite soon that being conscious beyond a certain age begins to cause madness and mental breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    BioViva FIJI - First Clinic to Treat Aging
    They sure aren't the first to sell snake oil, though.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I've done a lot of thinking and i'm pretty sure that aging and even dying is essential to life. I have a suspicion that we'll learn quite soon that being conscious beyond a certain age begins to cause madness and mental breakdown.
    Nah.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."