Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Today Christians don't. In the past they most certainly did. The bible is full of all kinds of awful stuff if you actually read it. It's good christians have moved past it.
    I have read it, and I understand that the book says bad shit. lucky for us alive today that they pretty much stopped killing people cause the bibles tells them so like 600 years ago. You want to wait 600 years for Islam to catch up, meanwhile people are killed by violent jihad every day?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was easy to change a cultural ideology overnight, I would say that this program - as a propagation of state-funded religious ideology - is a bad thing. But it will probably help with integration, so I suppose it can serve a temporary use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    I have read it, and I understand that the book says bad shit. lucky for us alive today that they pretty much stopped killing people cause the bibles tells them so like 600 years ago. You want to wait 600 years for Islam to catch up, meanwhile people are killed by violent jihad every day?
    But...

Yeah you know what, no youre right. We cant wait 600 years youre right.
    Lets kill em all now.

No. You force them to catch up or you send them home. Part of that is having religious leaders who know the culture they're supposed to be adapting to.

No. You force them to catch up or you send them home. Part of that is having religious leaders who know the culture they're supposed to be adapting to.
    or... you could not spend tax dollars promoting a terrible religion, or any religion for that matter.

The problem is that the quran and the accompanying books are in themselves "radical", preach violence, and are incompatible with western values. They can either teach a softer less legitimate form of islam or they can teach it by the book and teach the regular hate filled islam we all know and love. It seems funny to teach a class that you knowingly and purposefully teach something that is inaccurate.
    So did Christianity for a long, long time, but it was adapted for western civilization.
    By turning it into that softer, less legitimate form. So unrecognizable that somehow it's extremely prevalent in a dominantly capitalist country with separation of church and state, despite leaning towards theocracy and pseudo-communism.

I guess trying to shift the religion towards something more compatible with society with actions like Sweden is taking is better than letting said religion corrupt the society, but I still find it hard to consider pushing willful hypocrisy an ethical solution.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-05-24 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    By turning it into that softer, less legitimate form. So unrecognizable that somehow it's extremely prevalent in a dominantly capitalist country with separation of church and state, despite leaning towards theocracy and pseudo-communism.

I guess trying to shift the religion towards something more compatible with society with actions like Sweden is taking is better than letting said religion corrupt the society, but I still find it hard to consider pushing willful hypocrisy an ethical solution.
    Name the country that has more than 20% muslim pop that isn't radicalized.

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of the question. In the first paragraph I was referring to Christianity adapting to US culture, and in the second I was talking about Sweden's actions to try to adapt Islam to their culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Radical imams spreading dangerous ideas > launch state-funded imam course > good

Women raped because they're "uncovered" > hijab for all > good
    Some people follow Islam "literally" > make learning about Islam compulsory for everyone > good

Sweden, Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the relevance of the question. In the first paragraph I was referring to Christianity adapting to US culture, and in the second I was talking about Sweden's actions to try to adapt Islam to their culture.
    The touchy feely Islam only exists when the muslim population is less than 5%. It's a strategy to get you to let more muslims in then once they get to a certain point it's sharia law time

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-24 at 11:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The touchy feely Islam only exists when the muslim population is less than 5%. It's a strategy to get you to let more muslims in then once they get to a certain point it's sharia law time
    Indonesia.

Also I'm really sorry Mooneye for this topic has turned into another typical MMO-C muslim thread
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-05-24 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    Of course!
    Such a devious plan.

Define "radicalized".

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Define "radicalized".
    It sounds like a loaded question to me. Any answer you give he would be able to dig up some random radical or terrorist event that happened in that country and use it to claim the country is radicalized.

It sounds like a loaded question to me. Any answer you give he would be able to dig up some random radical or terrorist event that happened in that country.
    Oh yeah its basically a goal post shit cocked and ready to fire.

Oh yeah its basically a goal post shit cocked and ready to fire.
    I mean, I think Bosnia and Macedonia would be correct answers, but I'm sure there would be some news stories about isolated events dragged up as proof that both those countries are as radical as Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I dont look kindly when the top notch imams in the country consider forced sex or physical abuse part of being a wife. Do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Little Psycho View Post
    My opinion is that when you are married to a man as a woman then it is your obligation to see to it that the man is sexually satisfied, the only excuse a woman has for this not being fulfilled would be that she is sick or is bleeding. If the woman doesn't do what she can for her partner then he should be allowed to punish her for her refusal.
    Looks like he actually does...

I mean, I think Bosnia and Macedonia would be correct answers, but I'm sure there would be some news stories about isolated events dragged up as proof that both those countries are as radical as Syria.
    I suspect when he says "non radicalized" he's basically meaning "The West + Japan". At which point he's just hinting at causation without correlation. What religion is prevalent in a given area is really mostly a matter of geography and history.

I suspect when he says "non radicalized" he's basically meaning "The West + Japan". At which point he's just hinting at causation without correlation. What religion is prevalent in a given area is really mostly a matter of geography and history.
    They're eastern European and as such are still recovering from the effects of the Ottomans and Russians fucking their shit up, but they aren't the middle east.

They're eastern European and as such are still recovering from the effects of the Ottomans and Russians fucking their shit up, but they aren't the middle east.
    I know who they are. That wasn't relevant to my point.