Why not try one Pristine zone first?

J Allen Brack has thrown around the idea of 'Pristine Realms'. But before committing great resources to the project, why not experiment with the idea on a smaller scale first? Introduce one level 110 'pristine zone'.

A pristine zone is a more difficult version of the base zone. For example, Pristine Suramar is the more difficult version of Suramar (essentially the "heroic" version of the zone). Players can access this prstine version by right clicking their character portrait. Pristine progression is different to normal progression, so players would start from scratch in Pristine Suramar.

1. No instanced gear - only gear obtained from the outside world can be used (no raid/bg/dungeon/arena gear: they will all be scaled down to level 109 gear)
    2. Tremendously difficult monsters
    3. Greater rewards
    4. No CRZ/group finder - however players who select the pristine zone option will be phased together.
    5. Additional environmental obstacles (e.g. rain, tornadoes, etc.)
    6. Additional challenges

Would anyone be interested in trying out a Pristine version of Suramar?

Sure! I'm always up for something fun and different. I'd love to have hard mode outdoor zones, and the idea of being phased in with others seeking the same challenge is also appealing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because the sorts of things that Brack proposed work across the whole game and turning those things off or on for a single zone is actually more work. That's why not. I don't think pristine is a bad thing although it's about the worst name for it that I can imagine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You've drastically misunderstood their idea of Pristine. You idea is a completely separate entity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    J Allen Brack has thrown around the idea of 'Pristine Realms'. But before committing great resources to the project, why not experiment with the idea on a smaller scale first? Introduce one level 110 'pristine zone'.

A pristine zone is a more difficult version of the base zone. For example, Pristine Suramar is the more difficult version of Suramar (essentially the "heroic" version of the zone). Players can access this prstine version by right clicking their character portrait. Pristine progression is different to normal progression, so players would start from scratch in Pristine Suramar.

1. No instanced gear - only gear obtained from the outside world can be used (no raid/bg/dungeon/arena gear: they will all be scaled down to level 109 gear)
    2. Tremendously difficult monsters
    3. Greater rewards
    4. No CRZ/group finder - however players who select the pristine zone option will be phased together.
    5. Additional environmental obstacles (e.g. rain, tornadoes, etc.)
    6. Additional challenges

Would anyone be interested in trying out a Pristine version of Suramar?
    But.. your list removes the pristine part of pristine..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That doesn't make the slightest sense at all.

"Pristine" essentially means "Vanilla". What you're talking about is some kind of, whatever, "hard mode" or something, which Vanilla never was.

Making sense, is it that difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather it would be a new zone with that idea implemented. New theme,new mobs,new difficulty and feel.

Deleted
    isn't pristine realms basically the ironman challange?

Deleted
    Have always wanted a zone similar to this, dino island was a good start but lacking reward/reason. Timeless cow cape area was another good step in that direction. WoD bonus areas just felt wrong because it required raid groups, Tanaan was just too simple and you joined a group out of convenience of making the objectives faster rather than it being challenging.

Imo this kind of thing should not reward people who raid up and zerg everything down. It needs to be playable in groups of 2 - 5. Trouble is I imagine with the new multitagging in WoD I can imagine any hard content being farmed by teams of 5 working together but not in a raid to maximise speed of kills.