Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Urgh, just watched the medievh throwing khadgar around scene in german.. they had problems translating "Fel"....

I have no words for this...

They gone with: "Das Fel" (the fel) in the german version but its pronounced like "Das Fell" (the fur). Omg. Omg. This will confuse soo many people.

Ok maybe if they explain what it is at the beginning it will not be that bad.
    Somebody had to explain the fur!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Somebody had to explain the fur!
    I can see guldan saying: bring me fuel for the fur!

Deleted
    Haha people with dubs get fucked all the time. At least if you have subs and they fuck up you can still listen to the original voice and meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Haha people with dubs get fucked all the time. At least if you have subs and they fuck up you can still listen to the original voice and meaning.
    Blame the cinema for not showing the english version on the same day .

Or blame blizzard for using words that have no translation in other languages.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-24 at 09:21 AM.

I can see guldan saying: bring me fuel for the fur!
    Audience : "Oh no they're gonna kill the wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Audience : "Oh no they're gonna kill the wolves!"
    Just waiting for them to translate "fuel" to "gasoline" or something unfitting.

Deleted
    Acoording to this source Warcraft is on track to have F7 (the highest grossing movie in China ever) levels of midnight presales in China

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/227-m...eater/73779347

However, I does not know how credible it is

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Acoording to this source Warcraft is on track to have F7 (the highest grossing movie in China ever) levels of midnight presales in China

It's likely. Warcraft is huge there, and not only because of WoW. Blizzard recently patched Warcraft 3, and the video for the update was in chinese.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-24 at 09:31 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Its actually going to surpass F7 level of presales. Easily.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/to...omment=2547744

Right now its most likely gonna surpass 300mln$ in Chinese box-office alone.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

you posted a dead link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingi View Post
    you posted a dead link
    No it works, think you copied pasted the link

Deleted
    They gone with: "Das Fel" (the fel) in the german version but its pronounced like "Das Fell" (the fur).
    Jeez, with so many other more obvious choices. I hope they atleast explain what this fur is in the movie then. ;D

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it works, think you copied pasted the link
    yep it's working now. not sure what happened maybe it was down for a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Jeez, with so many other more obvious choices. I hope they atleast explain what this fur is in the movie then. ;D
    Well ingame its translated to the german word for "devil". There is no good translation for this word in german. But I have hopes that khadgar will learn what the "fur magic" is .

Maybe Khadgar wants to reroll to feral druid...
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-24 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Well ingame its translated to the german word for "devil". There is no good translation for this word in german. But I have hopes that khadgar will learn what the "fur magic" is .

Maybe Khadgar wants to reroll to feral druid...
    Hmm from my understanding of the fel itself i would rather translate it as "das Verdorbene".
    But then again i might not know enough of the lore behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Just listened to it... not that good IMHO. I prefer the original version. BTW, Durotan is David Chevalier (Kylo Ren, Loki, Lance Hunter) and Orgrim is Edoardo Stoppacciaro (Robb Stark).
    No no, it's absolutely not as good as the original voices, but that was obvious.
    I'm just saying it's not as bad as I feared. It's decent. I feared robotic voices, but these ones are acceptable, IMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

Holy shit, if Warcraft does this well in China alone we are 100% getting a sequel.

Okay, can somebody explain me what those numbers mean? I can't understand, aren't the FF7 and AoU numbers there bigger than Warcraft? Or I'm missing something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Okay, can somebody explain me what those numbers mean? I can't understand, aren't the FF7 and AoU numbers there bigger than Warcraft? Or I'm missing something?
    Warcraft Movie has 2 more weeks for presales in China, it's already better than Civil War and it's probably going to reach/surpass FF7.
    It's really good because numbers from China alone might be recordbreaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    They are... i think the emphasis is on those 2 franchises being established already, while Warcraft is not. The budgets might be quite a bit higher for those as well.
    An important fact is also that the warcraft numbers are only for 2 days; So you may only compare them to the 1st 2 rows.