Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Hey mate, just saw on the front page blue post " which has its item level increased based on your rating in the bracket." What's your thoughts? Do you think they mean ilvl will be increasing upto ilvl 870 LegionS1 or do you think it will go up to 900 lets say at 2.8kcr ?
    The said they wanted to do two seasons per tier so my guess is the 900 ilvl pvp gear will come then.

In Cata / MoP / WoD, I could gear for PVP by doing PVP.

In Legion, I will gear for PVP by doing raids, because that's what the ilvls show. I won't even bother with rating, because now that they have shared gear between PVE and PVP, the rewards aren't there, they are in raids, so why piss against the wind.

The number of things they did right for PVP during the entire lifetime of the game wasn't big and this change kills most of them. Monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

In Legion, I will gear for PVP by doing raids, because that's what the ilvls show. I won't even bother with rating, because now that they have shared gear between PVE and PVP, the rewards aren't there, they are in raids, so why piss against the wind.

The number of things they did right for PVP during the entire lifetime of the game wasn't big and this change kills most of them. Monkeys.
    Couldn't hava said it better. This company is just beyond absurdum...

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Blizz just dropped a turd in the punch bowl. If it has to be explained to Holinka why this is a bad idea then it will go live and explode in their faces once more.
    As much as Holinka draws the ire of many a pvper, you have to understand that pvp design is not a 1 man show and lead designers aren't dictators who demand X or Y and then get it. He is not personally responsible for anything, he's just the face you see instead of the people actually making those changes.

Yup, that's where I'm going in Legion. I haven't raided since ICC because it's not really possible to do both part time and enjoy it. So I've been a pvper and in Legion, I'm doing a 180 and I will only do pvp on occasion when I'm bored and I want to nuke bads.

Because Blizzard hasn't given me a reason to do anything else.

10% gear difference, that would be hilarious. when was the last time u saw someone win arena with last seasons gear vs full season new gear? yup, never, because it may seems as "just" 10%, but in reality its a lot more. im fine with it, easier way to stomp ppl, but FAR AWAY from a fair playground.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    10% gear difference, that would be hilarious. when was the last time u saw someone win arena with last seasons gear vs full season new gear? yup, never, because it may seems as "just" 10%, but in reality its a lot more. im fine with it, easier way to stomp ppl, but FAR AWAY from a fair playground.
    It was an example of the power then vs now, but it's not like the highest ilvl gear is going to stop at 900, preventing players from getting more than 10% increased power. It's just an example, one that is designed to misdirect the ire of players about this change.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    even 1% matters, not always but a good amount, I can't tell how many games i bubbled or live at 1-2% hp before got a huge heal, and eventually we won the game. 10% is a lot asp if you playing a burst spec that stacks CDs

OP you do know gear actualy basicly is meaningless as everything but artifact stuff is disabled and you get flat basic stats in pvp. Ofc you knew that if you cared.

As explained gear will 800 to 900 is max difference of 10% was like 0.01% per ilvl increase.

And their is just gear. Either gained true pvp or pve its all the same.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2016-05-24 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    When people don't tolerate a fucking stat disadvantage of sub 1%, during a scripted, static pve encounter, you think it's perfectly fine to allow up to 10% stat differences in pvp just because YOU think it's nothing major?"What kind of moronic argument is that?"
    Wow, you need to take smoke some heavy stuff or something... You have no idea what you are talking about, and probably never will. You clearly miss the nostalgic days of Wrath of the Lich King indicated by your avatar. So I am going to let you rot in your sorrow and misery and prevent you from trying to squeeze any enjoyment you can from torturing people over the internet, which is the only human interaction you dare to partake in since face-to-face conversation turns into your face meeting the other person or persons fist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    even 1% matters, not always but a good amount, I can't tell how many games i bubbled or live at 1-2% hp before got a huge heal, and eventually we won the game. 10% is a lot asp if you playing a burst spec that stacks CDs
    I don´t think that there will be a 100 ilvl difference in one season though. It will probably never be 10%. I like this because I pvp on like 5 characters right now, gearing them all is a real pain in the ass. The only problem I can think of is how it will affect wpvp but I guess they will take care of that. I don´t really like that it´s random but I´ll get over that.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-05-24 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I don´t think that there will be a 100 ilvl difference in one season though. It will probably never be 10%. I like this because I pvp on like 5 characters right now, gearing them all is a real pain in the ass. The only problem I can think of is how it will affect wpvp but I guess they will take care of that. I don´t really like that it´s random but I´ll get over that.
    People just see the 10% and assume they will always be 10% behind.
    This for WOD would actually mean the power difference between a freshly leveled lvl100 vs a toon in full pvp gear.
    10% for this comparison sounds a hell of a lot fairer than what we currently have. Fresh lvl 100s in PvP currently constitute to cannon-fodder... with only 10% less power they might prove a bit more usefull in Legion.

A lot of people also seem to ignore the fact that 1 PvE tier takes multiple seasons (2 if i'm not wrong);
    By the end of the tier the ilvl of pvp gear will most probably catch up to the ilvl of mythic gear anyway.
    Another thing: Just how many PvEers do you expect to rapidly get full mythic gear and resolve to going into rated PvP? I'm a rather casual mythic raider myself; decked out in mostly mythic gear, but feel no need to play PvP whatsover for instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    People just see the 10% and assume they will always be 10% behind.
    This for WOD would actually mean the power difference between a freshly leveled lvl100 vs a toon in full pvp gear.
    10% for this comparison sounds a hell of a lot fairer than what we currently have. Fresh lvl 100s in PvP currently constitute to cannon-fodder... with only 10% less power they might prove a bit more usefull in Legion.

A lot of people also seem to ignore the fact that 1 PvE tier takes multiple seasons (2 if i'm not wrong);
    By the end of the tier the ilvl of pvp gear will most probably catch up to the ilvl of mythic gear anyway.
    Another thing: Just how many PvEers do you expect to rapidly get full mythic gear and resolve to going into rated PvP? I'm a rather casual mythic raider myself; decked out in mostly mythic gear, but feel no need to play PvP whatsover for instance.
    In my opinion, if you put in the time to do either mythic raiding or gladiator lvl PvP then you should have a slight advantage. A 10% difference won't really matter to a highly skilled player and probably still laugh at the corpse while dropping that downvote flag if they were to encounter a mythic raider in pvp(not saying raiders are bad at PvP or anything but usually not as good as dedicated PvP players.)

And if you do casual pvp then you will probably never encounter them that much in arena's anyways.

I'm gearing a warrior on live as we speak and I have to say that its a test of my patience for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    1. I said 'if'. Do you know what if means?

2. They also said the power difference was going to be 5%. Not that pvp gear compared to mythic gear would be 5% so they should have been more clear. And if you think 5% between top players won't be a big difference you are mistaken.

3. You do realize that the link for that gear is the elite gear ie top end gear right? And the mythic is like 905 or some shit.
    Well, we'll have to see what happens. If you're right and this giant 10% is a huge advantage I'm sure I'll be seeing Cdew and some of the other top end Pvpers complaining. I don't think it'll be that big of a difference. Not like it's easy to hit glad, do you expect the mythic raiders who have this gear to just que into arenas and faceroll their way to glad? That won't happen. Either way we'll have to see.

Deleted

In MoP/WoD Ive had to do pvp for gear I needed for pve... In MoP I even needed to do pvp to progress on legendary questline.
    Atm best way to gear up before hc/m hfc is to get 700/710 pvp pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Well, we'll have to see what happens. If you're right and this giant 10% is a huge advantage I'm sure I'll be seeing Cdew and some of the other top end Pvpers complaining. I don't think it'll be that big of a difference. Not like it's easy to hit glad, do you expect the mythic raiders who have this gear to just que into arenas and faceroll their way to glad? That won't happen. Either way we'll have to see.
    You're kind of missing the point. Top end players are going to feel the need to do mythics to keep up with other top end players if they choose to obtain mythic gear to gain an edge.

Do you think there are no top end players that also raid? How naive of a person are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    In MoP/WoD Ive had to do pvp for gear I needed for pve... In MoP I even needed to do pvp to progress on legendary questline.
    Atm best way to gear up before hc/m hfc is to get 700/710 pvp pieces.
    Not sure what kind of pvp you "had" to do in MoP, outside of those 2 bgs, since your first arena win ever was in WoD and pvp gear in MoP was fairly trash. At the moment the best way might be the pvp pieces, but only because blizzard had to squeeze 2 pvp seasons in one raid patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CursedVision View Post
    Not sure what kind of pvp you "had" to do in MoP, outside of those 2 bgs, since your first arena win ever was in WoD and pvp gear in MoP was fairly trash. At the moment the best way might be the pvp pieces, but only because blizzard had to squeeze 2 pvp seasons in one raid patch.
    Correction to last1, I farmed justice which i traded for honor to gear up my shaman(?)

In WoD S1 gear was 660il, which was 10ilvls less than hc HM gear but sometimes with way better itemization.

You're kind of missing the point. Top end players are going to feel the need to do mythics to keep up with other top end players if they choose to obtain mythic gear to gain an edge.

Do you think there are no top end players that also raid? How naive of a person are you?
    May i will wrong but, you will get gladiator gear if you are a top gladiator, so you wont have to do any mythic because you get that gear anyway on top rating

No need to get aggressive, it's a conversation not a political debate.

Again, I haven't seen any of the top end Pvpers complain about this. If this were a serious issue Cdew would be the first to say something. There's also Bajheera, Venruki, Snutz and a few others I've watched who play beta and haven't even mentioned this as an issue. If it were, you'd see complaints from everywhere and every top end player. It's not really an edge. A 10 item level difference is hardly noticeable. Most of the complaints that the gearing system gathered were about people coming back from a break/just starting and having to vs people in full conquest gear. That's noticeable.

I don't think this "edge" is going to be worthwhile, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Edit: "Furthermore, your first few victories per week in each rated bracket will reward a guaranteed piece of gear, which has its item level increased based on your rating in the bracket." Straight from the blue post. I'd say it's safe to assume high end pvp will have equivalent gear to mythic and the gear you linked is just placeholder. Can't be 100% sure until we see the end of beta of course.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-24 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nermo View Post
    May i will wrong but, you will get gladiator gear if you are a top gladiator, so you wont have to do any mythic because you get that gear anyway on top rating
    Mythic gear is 905 and elite (glad range gear) is 870. So no, being glad will not get you the same gear levle.

Normal http://legion.wowhead.com/dressing-r...8D6Q8xB8DOc87k

Heroic http://legion.wowhead.com/dressing-r...Q8xE8DOc8sE87o

Mythic http://legion.wowhead.com/dressing-r...Q8xl8DOc8sl87o

Top PvP gear http://beta.wowdb.com/items/136043-v...ate-chestpiece

Keep in mind that PvE gear also has 2/2 upgrades available as well.