Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    *Enters the topic*

Somebody called for an Aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    He would have came through nothing had Medivh never opened the Dark Portal in the first place, Malygos may have prevented future catastrophe. However, the events that lead to the alteration of his timeline and changed his destiny were not solely the fault of mortals. A bronze dragon was involved. I'm only disagreeing with you that Malygos was insane; because he was certainly arrogant and narrow-minde in his viewpoint that magic in the hands of all mortals is inherently dangerous, and that his kind are above scrutiny. He never stopped to consider that while mortals could well doom Azeroth, they might also save it.
    Medivh was only possessed though because of his mother's hubris in underestimating Sargeras, and only battled Sargeras because of her role as the Guardian of Tirisfal, a position that exists because humans were reckless with magic and attracted demons, and were taught magic by elves, another mortal race, to help crush the Amani. =P So it's all the fault of reckless elves teaching reckless humans magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Malygos did nothing while he was insane. He was just brooding and super depressed in his isolation. He regained his sanity prior to starting the Nexus War.
    That's debatable as people consider having such an extreme view to be insane. He wasn't ranting raving mad insane, but take all the magic and punish people insane. So it really just depends on what you consider insane or not. At best he was an extremist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's debatable as people consider having such an extreme view to be insane. He wasn't ranting raving mad insane, but take all the magic and punish people insane. So it really just depends on what you consider insane or not. At best he was an extremist.
    Right. An aloof, detached dragon wouldn't concern themself with mortal politics or how we fight amongst each other. Malygos would see no difference between Azshara and Etrigg, except in the degrees of magic they wield and the danger they present.

The Spellweaver's outlook sadly reminds me of a prevelant viewpoint among my peers who draw no distinction between Salafist-Takfiri extremists, and moderate Sunnis. They say killing everyone who follows Islam a practical solution because they're speaking from a place of fear rather than rationality; but not insanity. The lesson here is to take time to learn the nuances of a people before setting out to fight them all.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2016-05-23 at 08:09 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of Ysera, I do believe she shows up in spirit form to help on the Cenarius fight during the Emerald Nightmare raid so she might not be permanently gone, persay. But her physical form at least is corrupted and we kill her in Val'sharah, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    On the topic of Ysera, I do believe she shows up in spirit form to help on the Cenarius fight during the Emerald Nightmare raid so she might not be permanently gone, persay. But her physical form at least is corrupted and we kill her in Val'sharah, yes.
    you made me think
    are we truly believe she would die
    i mean we thought cenarius is dead in WC3
    but he was hiding in Emerald dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Aspects have been really underwhelming. They're really nothing more than loot pinatas in WoW.

Each one of their stories has been anti-climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Anyone with a strong enough connection to the Dream seems to be able to regenerate, like demons with the Nether.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    chronicles very bluntly down plays their empowerment to what it was in the past. Powerful, yes: just not god level empowerment.
    A Demi-God is not the same as a God.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    They are/were empowered by Titan Watchers. Chronicle Vol. 1.
    stop blurting out nonsense, i'm curious how low your reading comprehension is.

it was written in the chronicles that the aspects felt powerful pressence that is greater than the likes of tyr, and tyr is one of the titanic watchers, hence the pressence weren't from the watchers/keepers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Aspects have been really underwhelming. They're really nothing more than loot pinatas in WoW.

underwhelming? curious about your definition of underwhelming.

pre-aspect kalec was able to hold down KJ, weakened malygos was able to tank a direct hit from DS, enraged Ysera after malorne died was able to make a BL horde retreat (even the combined power of the ancients at most was only able to hold them off), aspects after getting their powers back was able to whip deathwing's ass, and made him run tails between his leg all the way to deepholme.
    Last edited by death604; 2016-05-24 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    *Enters the topic*

Somebody called for an Aspect?
    We're going to raid you too, and take your loots, eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Hmmm.

I give Richard Knaack a lot of shit, but that is mostly for his terrible writing on a technical level. He has come up with some decent stories in the past, especially concerning these dragons. However, this is one of those cases where in order to get those stories, you had to go to out-of-game sources pretty much entirely, which as we know became a big complaint among the players as the years went by. So your comment has a lot of merit. In game, yes, really interesting characters such as Malygos were little more than "OMG big blue dragon goes batshit for whatever reasons; we kill for for phat purpz".

And that is a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by polybius View Post
    we're going to raid you too, and take your loots, eventually.
    AGAIN?!

/10char
    /caps

7+ Year Old Account
    AGAIN?!

/10char
    /caps
    And again. And again. And again...

https://greyshades.wordpress.com/201...r-to-blizzard/

Never liked the Aspects, they always struck me as cheesy creations of Knaak. They just aren't super interesting to me. I liked my dragons when they were enemies of mortals, not our greatest ally yadda yadda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    And again. And again. And again...

https://greyshades.wordpress.com/201...r-to-blizzard/

Goddamn!

You'd think they would be a little more careful when going into the Emerald Dream. Every single person that has gone in has been in some sort of serious trouble. Cenarius, Malfurion, now Ysera...

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I think they failed when they actually lost most of there power in Cata

- - - Updated - - -

agree
    it's funny I was just reading tide of darkness for the first time
    and the red dragons was easily defeated by single orc clan
    That single Orc Clan wielded the Demon Soul and powerful Artifact which allowed them to control Dragons, had it not been for that, the Red Dragons would have a great Orcs snack that day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    You'd think they would be a little more careful when going into the Emerald Dream. Every single person that has gone in has been in some sort of serious trouble. Cenarius, Malfurion, now Ysera...
    Real talk: I think that in the case of the dragons, or the Aspects in particular, they are arrogant enough to not consider that.

Real talk: I think that in the case of the dragons, or the Aspects in particular, they are arrogant enough to not consider that.
    To be fair, there weren't any problems with it for thousands of years until Vanilla, and then it was apparently contained in the Malfurion book, only to resurface in Legion.