Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Finally got my CE box

Holy mother of god this thing is huge. I mean, it looked big in the images... but...

I'm fairly happy with it, my biggest qualm is that I have to find somewhere to keep the massive thing. If anyone's interested, my opinion of the CE:

Box - Very attractive, but MASSIVE and HEAVY. Well constructed, though I'm not a fan of the wrapper part (thin cardboard, same image as the main box) that goes around it. The box is in two parts, the heavy black section comes off and then the main (OW images on white background) part splits down the middle vertically and opens up. Not a bad mechanism though I worry about the thin part where the two halves join. Overall good. Hope you have a massive bookshelf.

Disc case - Very nice, shiny metal disc case with overwatch logo and desaturated Tracer/Reaper images. Looks great. Not that I need optical discs anymore :P

Passes - The usual WoW/SC2 guest passes. Also got a free Jaina hero for HoTS (not sure if it's always Jaina) which is nice though I already own her, currency would probably be better, or a hero token you could choose. Three Hearthstone packs, always welcome.

Postcards - From each of the Overwatch maps. Pretty cute.

Soundtrack and art book - Of course. The art book looks fantastic, one of their best IMO. Soundtrack is welcome because this game has great music. Will have to dig out my external optical drive...

Okay and finally,

Soldier 76 statue - This is half of the reason the box is so big and heavy. It's pretty damn big, not super heavy but good weight to it (base is super heavy for some reason). Very nicely made and detailed. However, I wish they'd actually coloured it instead of going with this black paint job. It doesn't look bad but I feel like it'd be even better in full colour. If I was talented in these things and willing to destroy a collector's item I might actually paint it...

Overall - for a collector, kind of mandatory. Worth the price? Not in Australian dollars! It was like AUD$180, which is insane. Think the AUD was crap when it came up for preorder, but still. Apparently if I lived in the US it'd be $100-$130, and Gamestop had a baby Winston figurine too. Le sigh. At those prices, reasonable, at least for a collector. Regular sane person? Just buy the Origins edition online.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-05-24 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well glad you like it. Just don't drop the statue like I did with my FF14 Heavensward CE

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well glad you like it. Just don't drop the statue like I did with my FF14 Heavensward CE
    Ouch, that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ouch, that sucks
    Bright side it only hit my bedroom carpet so no Major "OH SHIT" damage.

Deleted
    No pics? Ok then

Yeah my eyes popped when the cashier brought my box. I regret I didn't bring the car because it was too big to comfortably carry under the arm so I carried it on my belly with both arms. Expected I guess because it came with a statue. The statue was packed neatly in a black foam box that made up maybe half the CE box in both size and weight. It goes for about $160 at best and $180 at worst in Sweden but it's standard price.

This coin also comes with the box from chosen retailers.

By the way I also got Jaina inside the case with HS card pack and WoW guest pass.

Deleted
    well i ordered from GAME uk and i guess i wont be playing till weds.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    well i ordered from GAME uk and i guess i wont be playing till weds.
    GAME are honestly useless when it comes to ordering/pre ordering etc. Most big stores are. My local game shop is a sort of everything from retro to modern and DVD's etc and they do shit better than most big high street game shops. Hell because the owner is a family friend and local friend she will even go above and beyond most times for people.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    GAME are honestly useless when it comes to ordering/pre ordering etc. Most big stores are. My local game shop is a sort of everything from retro to modern and DVD's etc and they do shit better than most big high street game shops.
    only reason i pre-ordered from game was because they were the only place to offer early access for physical copies. looking back i would have paid the extra £8-9 for instant access at the midnight launch.

only reason i pre-ordered from game was because they were the only place to offer early access for physical copies.
    Ah fair enough. Not everyone can have that luxury of sort of a community friendly game shop. Don't mean that as an insult btw I just meant it is nice to have.

Mine came with Jaina too, that was a pleasant surprise to see after taking out the postcards.

I'd say it was well worth it.

Personally I don't think its worth it but different strokes for different fokes.

All the goodies are cool but my issue is the statue. Its just black with no color at all. Overwatch is a colorful game and the statue should be as well. Also odd choice they picked solider 76 over others like Tracer.

I would say its a good $80-$90 US Collector but not $130.

Comparing it to lets say a WoW collector edition they are charging you $40 just for the statue.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-24 at 03:09 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    you could always get someone to paint it.. but i agree it looks a bit naff with no colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I don't think its worth it but different strokes for different fokes.

All the goodies are cool but my issue is the statue. Its just black with no color at all. Overwatch is a colorful game and the statue should be as well. Also odd choice they picked solider 76 over others like Tracer.

Comparing it to lets say a WoW collector edition they are charging you $40 just for the statue.
    Tbh 40 dollars is actually good value if it's decent metal/material. Those play arts Kai figure things sometimes go for way more. Great detail on those but still.

you could always get someone to paint it.. but i agree it looks a bit naff with no colour.
    Ya I didn't like who they picked or the fact it was black and that's why I didn't get it.

If they picked Tracer or Winston and colored them I would feel its more worth its asking price. But a plain black statue based on a colorful game is stupid IMO. If it was like $90 I would be ok with it but not $130.

Like I said comparing it to a WoW collector edition they are asking $40 just for the statue.

But hey that's just my opinion, hope people who got it like it and enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh 40 dollars is actually good value if it's decent metal/material. Those play arts Kai figure things sometimes go for way more. Great detail on those but still.
    Ya but they could have lease painted it.

The material is decent but I rather have a colorful cool looking statue with meh material then a plain one with good material. Like I said tho different strokes for different fokes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I disagree. First off, the statue is huge (It's like, 12.6 inches). And second off, it's extremely well detailed, and the base is really sturdy.

I don't even mind no color, I think it's pretty fitting for Soldier 76

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I disagree. First off, the statue is huge (It's like, 12.6 inches). And second off, it's extremely well detailed, and the base is really sturdy.

I don't even mind no color, I think it's pretty fitting for Soldier 76
    Well like I said different strokes for different fokes. The box is cool

If I see it go on sell (PC Version) I may pick it up because I want OW on PC as well as ps4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Definitely envious. Amazon was sold out by the time my wife and I got around to pre-ordering. Settled for the Origins edition

So... since I got the CE I got a card with a code for my Noire skin, but nothing for the preorder skins. Is there some way to get them?

Well like I said different strokes for different fokes. The box is cool

If I see it go on sell (PC Version) I may pick it up because I want OW on PC as well as ps4.
    True enough!

The box is pretty nifty alone

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So... since I got the CE I got a card with a code for my Noire skin, but nothing for the preorder skins. Is there some way to get them?
    It comes bundled in with the game code itself. You'll have the skins after redeeming the game, you'll just have to equip them of course.