Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or you could play the game and earn the boxes for free.
    OR pay real money and get it instantly. Gee, it's almost like that is their whole plan. Offer two ways of getting things, by unlocking or by paying real money. Of course unlocking everything by playing is gonna take a long time which is when people feel more inclined to pay real money. There should be no way of buying things with real money, especially if you already pay money for the game itself. This is even worse than a free 2 play game. There is no justification for this, it is pure greed, but that is what Blizzard has been about for a long time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    OR pay real money and get it instantly. Gee, it's almost like that is their whole plan. Offer two ways of getting things, by unlocking or by paying real money. Of course unlocking everything by playing is gonna take a long time which is when people feel more inclined to pay real money. There should be no way of buying things with real money, especially if you already pay money for the game itself. This is even worse than a free 2 play game. There is no justification for this, it is pure greed, but that is what Blizzard has been about for a long time now.
    Or its giving people an option?
    I will not be using this option as I will get everything anyway with the amount of time I will put in.
    Other people might love this option as they still want to look flashy but have kids a demanding wife/job or other hobbies and won't be able to play as much.

What is wrong with giving people options? Its their money and their choice what to do with it.

That you don't like it is no one's fault but your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I meant just B2P games that don't have a sub. CSGO, Magic pc games, Guild Wars 2 (it is f2p but b2p gives access to the micro transactions) just to name a few. CSGO has loot boxes basically, Magic has minor DLC and the option to unlock decks through purchase or the game and Guild Wars 2 is f2p like I said but you cannot access the micro transactions on a f2p account so it is still technically B2P with micro transactions.
    I know, I was supporting your argument and went a bit further
    Last edited by Lostprophet; 2016-05-24 at 12:41 PM.

Again you pay for it then it is your own fault. You can choose not to. And stop acting like this is the only buy to play game in the world that fucking does it there are plenty of other games that do it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    For all the people complaining I have a few simple questions regarding the gameplay:

Considering you just buy the base version of the game and dont buy a single box ever:

- Can you play all maps?
    - Can you play all heroes?
    - Can you play all game modes?

I you answered "YES" to all the three questions, please tell me what you point is, since your gameplay is not affected in the slightest bit...

I totally would agree with the ppl complaining, IF they would pack heroes and other relevant unlocks (maps ??) in those boxes, but as of today you seem to complain for the sake of it!
    Last edited by mmoc27c68f031e; 2016-05-24 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aridion View Post
    For all the people complaining I have a few simple questions regarding the gameplay:

Considering you just buy the base version of the game and dont buy a single box ever:

- Can you play all maps?
    - Can you play all heroes?
    - Can you play all game modes?

I you answered "YES" to all the three questions, please tell me what you point is!
    Because Blizzard are doing something game companies have been doing for years it apparently makes them greedy meanies.

Deleted
    its only cosmetics, so i guess its not an issue. as long as there were no items that affect game play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its only cosmetics, so i guess its not an issue. as long as there were no items that affect game play
    There isn't.
    I got a mate that has money to burn and he bough 100 or 150 boxes this morning.
    Got a FUCK ton of credits and a fuck ton of skins.

Did not change a single thing about the game play.

Meh. As much as I dislike microtransactions in full-prized games, this seems to be an instance of a fairly decent system. It's cheap, and it's nothing you can't get if you just play the game a lot. Reminds me of Hearthstone, where if you actually play the game you'll have all the cards you can ever want, and if you don't play the game, you can always buy the stuff you want to catch up, so to speak. Pretty legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There isn't.
    I got a mate that has money to burn and he bough 100 or 150 boxes this morning.
    Got a FUCK ton of credits and a fuck ton of skins.

Did not change a single thing about the game play.

yeah all heroes are F2P and there are no loudouts, so really no reason to be mad about in game store on here

Again you pay for it then it is your own fault. You can choose not to. And stop acting like this is the only buy to play game in the world that fucking does it there are plenty of other games that do it.
    You are either being heavily ignorant or you are a blizzard shill. The game is intentionally designed in a way where unlocking things will take a lot of time, so that people will have a reason to spend real money. It can't be too easy or too quick to unlock or else nobody would have a reason to pay for it with real money. There is no excuse for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Or its giving people an option?
    How about making things so easy and quick to unlock that nobody would even think about spending real money? Oh wait, that means Blizzard gets less money, out of a game that people need to buy to play in the first place. Try again Blizzard shill.

You are either being heavily ignorant or you are a blizzard shill. The game is intentionally designed in a way where unlocking things will take a lot of time, so that people will have a reason to spend real money. It can't be too easy or too quick to unlock or else nobody would have a reason to pay for it with real money. There is no excuse for this.

- - - Updated - - -

How about making things so easy and quick to unlock that nobody would even think about spending real money? Oh wait, that means Blizzard gets less money, out of a game that people need to buy to play in the first place. Try again Blizzard shill.
    No it's not. You can level at a reasonable pace so there is no need to spend money. And again stop acting like it's just Blizzard whom do this. Loads of B2P games have micro transactions and have done so long before Overwatch so buy that logic all of those other games are wrong too? Also you are in no way forced to buy COSMETICS. Shock horror I know. Now Hots that is a pita when it comes to leveling. Also calling people shills because they disagree with your opinions really is not helping your debate.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-24 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    You level in a rather fast pace tbh...after a few days you will be in the 40s to early 50s, which means that you already gained around 50 boxes...also the EXP requirements are not increasing after a certain level (something in the 30s if I recall correctly), so there wont be the crazy grind in the end anyway.

Last but not least please tell me, how the fact that you can buy boxes that contain cosemtics have any influence on your gaming experience (I really mean that question in an honest way, since I can not fathom the rage), as you have every map/hero/game mode at your disposal

No it's not. You can level at a reasonable pace so there is no need to spend money. And again stop acting like it's just Blizzard whom do this. Loads of B2P games have micro transactions and have done so long before Overwatch. Also you are in no way forced to buy COSMETICS. Shock horror I know. Now Hots that is a pita when it comes to leveling. Also calling people shills because they disagree with your opinions really is not helping your debate.
    "Everybody else is doing it"
    Guess what, tons of companies are shills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Oh wow now we have to be grateful that we don't have to spend money to gain an edge on an online game we already bought and paid for /snort.
    And where do you expect them to get the money to continue support for Overwatch? Oh thats right the magical entitlement fairy that rains content on us and nothing on them.

It's been happening way way way before Overwatch. Can go back to the Unreal Tournament days on that at least.

It's been happening way way way before Overwatch. Can go back to the Unreal Tournament days on at least.
    Let me quote myself

Let me quote myself
    Starting to think you have no idea what a shill is at this point....

Starting to think you have no idea what a shill is at this point....
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shill

2. a person whose praises, endorsements, etc., are motivated by self-interest.

So a company wanting to profit with optional micro transactions is a shill?