Poll: Which would you prefer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    See: Windwalker Monks losing 2h, Frost DKs losing 2h, Fury Warriors losing 1h, and then there's the whole D3 thing.
    Yes I heard about these weapon restrictions also. What do you mean by the D3 thing?

Deleted
    i think dual wield would have been better :\

Yeah, the best option would be to let you choose how do you want your character to look and feel, as long as it's appropriate.

I see my hunter with two swords, not with a spear. But oh well. At least I can transmog the spear into a lighter 2 handed sword (I don't hate the spear, though).
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Yes I heard about these weapon restrictions also. What do you mean by the D3 thing?
    The inherent and utter simplicity of anything related to systems in D3. Gear is extremely streamlined for everyone in a game where gearing is supposed to be the main gameplay. Having different viable choices is too complicated!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Seriously, every hunter we've seen has either had a bow or a pair of axes.
    Name one Alliance Hunter in history that has used a pair of axes. Better yet, name one that wasn't a Troll or Orc (or in your special favorite case, half-Orc).

Anyways, the reason being is that 2h makes more sense for a Hunter. Hunters use guns/bows to hunt, Hunters use spears to hunt up close, Hunters used staves as they traverse the mountainsides as a walking stick of sorts.

A Hunter with 2 weapons is like a barbarian of sorts, almost like a Warrior with a pet.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Gear is extremely streamlined for everyone in a game where gearing is supposed to be the main gameplay. Having different viable choices is too complicated!
    Blah ... this type of lame talk is starting to get tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Yeah, the best option would be to let you choose how do you want your character to look and feel, as long as it's appropriate.
    The problem with this is then you constantly have people arguing over 2h vs DW. They're doing away with literally all of those decisions in Legion with the Artifact. Your intended equipment is your artifact. If you get a 2h, they want you to use a 2h. If you get 2 weapons, they want you to DW.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Err... you went up and created that fantasy yourself?

Since day one of the redesign they have said survival was gonna use a spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Blah ... this type of lame talk is starting to get tiring.
    He asked, why hide the facts?

He asked, why hide the facts?
    Fact is that you humdrum folks need to come up with a new shtick to bore people with. You don't really believe in that "too complicated" crap yourself, do you? Get real man.

7+ Year Old Account
    In ICC times, I had some one-handed axe that sheated on back as dual-wield stat-stick on my hunter, looked way more better than most staves/spears hunter could use from then after.

DW gets my vote over 2H. I also miss DW DK tanking, and will miss DW monk tanking with Legion.

OP, Survival is 2H and pet... next expac we will get a new spec;

Warden: Dual wielding Survival with Lone Wolf and cool capes.

And I thought frost DKs losing DW was making a big deal out of nothing.

Dual wield should be an option as well.
    I guess blizzard did not want to develop X more new weapon models for the DW hunter.

Also blizz wants to make melee 2 handed AGILITY weapons more popular, i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Fact is that you humdrum folks need to come up with a new shtick to bore people with. You don't really believe in that "too complicated" crap yourself, do you? Get real man.
    I do believe that Blizzard designs their games for a much younger audience than the average on this forum. Why wouldn't they?

The increased simplicity as well as the BLUE POSTERS themselves also seem to imply, or directly state this.

Look, I know "you people" like to pretend like nothing of the sort is happening, but can you really close your eyes to that much evidence? They even themselves say that they're simplifying and emphasizing in order to make the game easier to understand for new or returning players. Why would any of their other games be any different?

In vanilla/BC/wotlk my hunter always had polearm or 2hand sword to go with the bow. I like two handers.

THAT SAID, I'm glad the artifact weapon is a spear, but Before reaching lvl 100, I would like them to allow survival hunters to use DW, 2h, pole, daggers, axes, swords, etc etc. Just like they used to because it was a lot of fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was all about the dual Dawns Edge tbh.

SV is shit design dual or not.

Dual Wielding Peasants.

It is all about the Ice Barbed Spear and Barbarous Blade (Pre-Stat Change). Your silly dual wielding axes have nothing on those. Or Lhok'delar, Zin'rohk or the Halberd of Smiting (which by the way was the BEST hunter melee weapon for meleeing purposes )
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Probably since every other agi melee is dwing. So 2h gives Hunters a little bit of unique flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The problem with this is then you constantly have people arguing over 2h vs DW. They're doing away with literally all of those decisions in Legion with the Artifact. Your intended equipment is your artifact. If you get a 2h, they want you to use a 2h. If you get 2 weapons, they want you to DW.
    Yeah, I get that.

BUT, they could improve the transmog system and let you transmog your 2h to a pair of 1h (just drop a 1h on your main weapon, a second slot appears, and you can drop a second 1h there or leave it empty). Same damage, same attack speed (it would attack faster just visually, or not faster at all, whatever), same stats, same calculations... but you get to choose that style if it suits you best while getting rid of all mechanical implications.

This could help other classes achieve their preferred visual too, without the need to put alternative playstyle systems that would need actual balance.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.