Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Lorewise warriors compete for blessing of odyn and after death they go to valhalla. So ? can you beat nordic mythology with "it doesn't make sense" ? :-D
    No... Only VRYKUL warriors, not player race warriors check your facts

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Top tier:
    Paladin
    Mage
    Warrior

Good tier:
    Shaman
    Priest
    Warlock

Okay tier:
    Demon Hunter
    Hunter
    Druid

Noob tier:
    Rogue
    Monk
    DK
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    No... Only VRYKUL warriors, not player race warriors check your facts
    In Norse mythology, Valhalla (from Old Norse Valhöll "hall of the slain"[1]) is a majestic, enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the god Odin. Chosen by Odin, half of those who die in combat travel to Valhalla upon death, led by valkyries, while the other half go to the goddess Freyja's field Fólkvangr. In Valhalla,
    source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhalla

;-)

you have to be selected by Odin and die in combat, no matter gender, sex or race :-)

Imho warriors gets a sweet spot, maybe this tiny island off shore near ratchet would be ok (warrior vanilla zerker stance quest) but Valhalla is way smoother.

in relation to your class change because of order hall looks: This is your decision and nobody is condemning you for it. But don't apply your pov and false understanding of norse/nordic/german mythology to all of the playerbase.

Imho they could add some characters like Saurfang etc...to make it a nicer place but it looks gas. First time warriors gets something super fucking rad and amazing.

Lorewise warriors compete for blessing of odyn and after death they go to valhalla. So ? can you beat nordic mythology with "it doesn't make sense" ? :-D
    You can when that nordic mythology doesnt fit in wow and they arent -trying- to make it fit.

Also, all Vrykul aspire to go to the halls of valor. Not just warriors. Further pushing the point it has nothing to do with warriors. Case and point, a Vrykul monk for the monk hall is able to call on Odynn blessings. Odynn himself is a paladin who shoves his greatest fighters into lightning golems. One of the Halls bosses is pretty much a mix of shaman and paladin.

Odynn uses paladin moves, one of which is actually brand new to Paladins that he got first and then later in the alpha paladins got. So blizz is making paladins more like odynn

Hymdal is rather warrior like, but then again he also relies on his beasts to fight in his encounter, so mix of warrior and beast master

We have an angel who mostly uses light and lightning

Hell even the God-King fight relies heavily on fel magic.

In the freaking Halls of Valor dungeon, the apparent place of warriors, only the Wolf boss can be said to be a flat out warrior.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-05-24 at 11:59 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You can when that nordic mythology doesnt fit in wow and they arent -trying- to make it fit.

Also, all Vrykul aspire to go to the halls of valor. Not just warriors. Further pushing the point it has nothing to do with warriors. Case and point, a Vrykul monk for the monk hall is able to call on Odynn blessings. Odynn himself is a paladin who shoves his greatest fighters into lightning golems. One of the Halls bosses is pretty much a mix of shaman and paladin.

Odynn uses paladin moves, one of which is actually brand new to Paladins that he got first and then later in the alpha paladins got. So blizz is making paladins more like odynn

Hymdal is rather warrior like, but then again he also relies on his beasts to fight in his encounter, so mix of warrior and beast master

We have an angel who mostly uses light and lightning

Hell even the God-King fight relies heavily on fel magic.

In the freaking Halls of Valor dungeon, the apparent place of warriors, only the Wolf boss can be said to be a flat out warrior.
    You know whole fantasy world of wow is loosely based on norse mythology and warhammer which is based entirely on norse mythology ? I hope you do because this makes your whole post invalid .

;-)

you have to be selected by Odin and die in combat, no matter gender, sex or race :-)

Imho warriors gets a sweet spot, maybe this tiny island off shore near ratchet would be ok (warrior vanilla zerker stance quest) but Valhalla is way smoother.

in relation to your class change because of order hall looks: This is your decision and nobody is condemning you for it. But don't apply your pov and false understanding of norse/nordic/german mythology to all of the playerbase.

Imho they could add some characters like Saurfang etc...to make it a nicer place but it looks gas. First time warriors gets something super fucking rad and amazing.
    The only one showing a misunderstanding is you.

This isnt Valhalla. Blizzard has changed nordic valhalla for wow to the point where its not about warriors. Not to mention the major point of contention is that it has nothing to do with OUR warriors. Its only about Vrykul.

Deathknights literally got mega cucked by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The only one showing a misunderstanding is you.

This isnt Valhalla. Blizzard has changed nordic valhalla for wow to the point where its not about warriors. Not to mention the major point of contention is that it has nothing to do with OUR warriors. Its only about Vrykul.
    Legion says it is about warriors and Vrykuls are warriors and also Yogg-saron casting curse of flesh on pre-Vrykuls created Vrykuls from which we received human race which is the ultimate warrior race. So everything checks out.

You know whole fantasy world of wow is loosely based on norse mythology and warhammer which is based entirely on norse mythology ? I hope you do because this makes your whole post invalid .
    You're incredibly wrong on both points.

Nothing in WoW or WC was based on norse mythology untill this point. At most Stormpeaks and Ulduar were, but those were NOT WARRIOR RELATED.

Likewise, as far as Warhammer goes, only the Warriors of Chaos were based on vikings and very very loosely on their mythology. The other races were all based on other irl cultures. Like the Empire has nothing to do with norse mythology. Even Dwarves have nothing to do with Norse mythology in Warhammer.

Deleted

;-)

In norse mytology...

This is World of warcraft. It's not copy pasted Valhalla, it's just inspired by it.

Lorewise, only Vrykuls are allowed, player is just one special snowflake. At first, when it was introduced, I called it best order hall... now, when it's almost "finnished" (lol) I call it worst of them all... It have so much missed potential... If we could see greatest warriors that died on azeroth like Lothar, Grom Nazgrim in there, It would be awesome!! But Dungeon filled with beaten bosses and random vrykuls is far from warrior fantasy...
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2016-05-24 at 12:08 PM.

Legion says it is about warriors and Vrykuls are warriors and also Yogg-saron casting curse of flesh on pre-Vrykuls created Vrykuls from which we received human race which is the ultimate warrior race. So everything checks out.
    Blizzard has done nothing to make the warrior hall about warriors. Just about any classs can fit in our order hall, some fit better than warriors. Its very sloppy writing.

I was originally just going divide them into tier and have a list like you did, but the more I think about it, it's actually really interesting to compare all the order halls and sum them up now that we know what they're very likely going to be like on live.

S Tier

Monk: I'm going to be honest, this one is kinda personal. I put monk at #1 simply because of how genuinely happy I was to see my favorite of the temporary starting zones return as an Order Hall. In my opinion, the pandaren architecture and theme was most perfectly represented on Shen-zin Su, and the story truly set you up to make you feel like you were going out to explore the world and make your place in it. I didn't like pandaren much and honestly I could never play one past level 20 but I believe to this day, this starting zone was a genuine masterpiece and the only racial starting zone that I look for excuses to play again. To have it as an Order Hall may have been a "lazy" move by Blizzard, but my god have I never been happier for them to be lazy. Monks don't get a hall, they get an entire mini-continent to hang out on.
    Demon hunters, eat your hearts out.

Paladin: I don't think I've ever seen a location in this game that exemplified a class more than the paladin's order hall. This is truly what an Order Hall should be, grand yet concise, truly exemplifying the idea of a paladin. There are memorable names from the countless paladins you've met across WoW's history and pre-history there with you.

Druid: I'd like to start this out by saying that I don't really like druids. I don't enjoy playing them, I don't really care much for their lore and I don't really like any of the races that can be druids.
    That being said, this order hall is freaking gorgeous and I think it's making me seriously reconsider my opinion on the class. If you were to include the Dreamway, I'd say this may very well take #1 simply because of how immersive and....druidic it feels. It really gives the feeling that you're in a dream-like verdant grove surrounded on all sides by nature.

A Tier

Shaman: This barely made it under S rank for me. I love this place. It somehow feels both chaotic and peaceful at the same time. I kind of wish it was larger, though. I don't really have much else to say, it was just really cool and visually stunning to me.

Warlock: As a warlock main, I can't lie, I'm pretty disappointed by this place....but it could be worse. You're pretty much surrounded by demons on a legion world that you pretty much take over, and that's genuinely warlock-like. I kind of wish it was a little more enclosed and less outer-spacey, but I don't mind it. It's also nice to get the fabled "Warlock island" after this long.
    I think my #1 complaint about this Order Hall is just how horrible its layout is. It's too big, everything is spread all over the place, it visually looks really similar all-around and just doesn't feel like a place that I'd ever really enjoy AFKing at. Also minus points for being auto-run dangerous (no rails!) and having fel pools that damage you all over the damn place.

Warrior: While I totally get why people hate it, I feel like it makes perfect sense if you look at the warrior class from a simple, raw, fundamental point of view and for that it's perfect.
    You're chosen by Odyn to be his weapon against the Legion. Just you. Your reward is glorious combat against your mortal enemy, and that's all you truly need. Warriors don't fight together, they don't form an order, they simply don't care. A warrior is just a dude/lady with a weapon, anger issues and a lot of skill, and you're allying with people who can help you become the true master of combat. The theme of the warrior hall is unique in that way, and I think that makes it pretty cool.

B Tier

Death Knight: I like Acherus, and I like the Death Knight story. I agree that it could've been spruced up a bit, but to take something cool and make it a little more cool is fine by me. I was a bit let down by no added frills or a changed layout, but I won't let disappointment shift my perception of an already really cool location.

Rogue: Best part is the way you enter it. I wish this had been Ravenholdt, but I'll admit they did a good job with this place. It looks oddly believable for an underground shady sect of the Underbelly, and really gives a vibe that makes it stand out. It's boring visually, but I don't feel like it could've been that cool for the style they were trying to portray with it.

Priest: This really just felt to me like a less flavoured paladin Order Hall. I mean, it's pretty cool, and I love the high ceilings, but it simply didn't stand out, I guess. It's nice though.

C Tier (aka not that great)

Mage: I have truly nothing to say about this place. It's....alright. It works. It's just so boring. I guess maybe after seeing the new Dalaran I had excessively high expectations, but even trying to take myself out of that perspective, it just doesn't really seem that interesting to me. I feel like this is something that's been seen a ton of times in WoW.

Demon Hunter: Can't have it all, I guess. It really does surprise me how....lame this Order Hall is, with how amazing everything else associated with DHs seem to be. It's not bad or anything, but it's extremely shallow and I suspect it was the first Order Hall they made in Legion because there's not a lot to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they spruced it up before release.

And for the record, I didn't miss Hunter, it's just that I'm not leveling one on beta at the moment and their Order Hall is bugged for level 110 premades at the moment so I can't properly judge them. But from screenshots alone, it looks like it'd be a solid A or B at least.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-05-24 at 12:11 PM.

Long post inc. Rating 1-12. 1 being the best and 12 being the worst

1. Paladin class hall. Fits the paladin theme extremely well, layout is nice, pretty big, has the holy light theme. Feels awesome because we actually get to go under lights hope chapel and it feels really cool having a giant secretive base underneath it. Has beautiful patterns on the windows, nice lighting, etc. Definitely nice.

2. Druid class hall. It's huge, has a really good Druidic theme (emerald dream) and it has a beautiful nature/night elf theme.

3. Hunter class hall. It feels relaxing, being outside at a lodge in the wilderness is awesome and the class hall itself extends pretty far in the wilderness. The misty fog it has is a nice touch.

4. Mage class hall. Extremely nice, definitely has the Mage feel. Has a lot of colors based around the 3 magic schools mages know (arcane frost and fire) so it fits nicely. Somewhat boring though, not much to look at after seeing it for the first time.

5. Shaman class hall. This one is meh, it made the top 5 only because it's located in the maelstrom which fits shamans perfectly. It's layout is weird but it does have all the elements as sections (wind, earth, fire, water) which is cool. Overall it's okay but the layout is bad and the hall itself is somewhat ugly if you don't like elements and such or dark areas.

6. Warrior class hall. It's alright. It kind of has a warrior theme but it doesn't really speak to the class. It has Titan watchers, vrykul, Valkyr and other things. The mini game being a tournament between warriors is sweet but that's about the only thing I really like about this class hall. Other classes get to fight your halls main guy as a boss in a dungeon which is actually your class hall (halls of valor) so this takes away from it imo.

7. Priest class hall. It's a bit small, it definitely has a priest feeling and also displays the light vs void feeling the priest has overall but it's still small so that brings it to a 7 on my list. I like bigger, roomier class halls. Definitely boring.

8. Monk class hall. It's alright, we've seen this place before I believe (as a monk) but it's definitely nice looking. It's not small but it seems kind of boring with not much to look at or do when compared to the other class halls.

9. Demon hunter class hall. Obviously this is to be expected but there is so much green and darkish tint to the class hall I dislike it. It fits the class thematically but I prefer more colorful things to the dark feeling the demon hunter class hall has.

10. Warlock class hall. Warlocks having there own demon planet thingy is extremely awesome and definitely fits the class perfectly but there's nothing other than green and darkish tint which as I said with the demon hunter class hall isn't my taste.

11. Rogue class hall- Its the sewers. A place every single person has been to in the game. Nothing new, nothing special. Only thing from keeping it in last place is that they get a non pvp BMAH in their class hall.

12. DK class hall- Anyone and everyone who has played a dk has seen Acherus. I could make a DK right now and see it within a few minutes. That itself is disappointing and aside from a few very small tweaks there's no noticeable difference.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-24 at 12:25 PM.

I'll just put this in, Monks literally have an island, with mobs and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Your followers are 2 random Vrykuls, Iron dwarf and former Bosses (Thorim, Hodir, Yimron, Hymdall)

There are NONE of any player races
    I was JUST about to say: if everyone feels the warrior hall is so divorced in theme from warriors, just make Vrykul a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish people would quit bitching about the Warrior dying to a Pitlord. I'm very sorry, you're a warrior, and if you knew anything of the lore you would know you are playing one of the weakest lore power classes in this game. Unless you're Hellscream wielding Gorehowl, you will never win in a fight 1v1 with a pitlord. you fighting toe to toe with one in any sense is a huge achievement worthy of any legendary warrior.

Deleted
    Also this... It's like warriors are just target for silly jokes...

The paladin order hall will be shit tier if they don't make actual models for the statues, it's pathetic that they are using player models as statues.

Deleted
    I still wish warriors got to remake the Might of Kalimdor (from the AQ40 gate opening event), and be in a huge base on the front lines that is constantly under siege (like Bastions Keep in Diablo), being the commanders of the general armies of the horde/alliance.

Being Thor is cool and all too but they should make it more about us and less about vykruls.

Still unsure as to why Warrs dont get named heroes, like Eltrigg or Saurfang or Spirit of Lothar.