Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Where exactly did you see that Blizzard placed that requirement and not MMO Champion?

Alternatively, define "they". Who are they? Blizzard or MMO Champion?
    Where did I ever say Blizzard did?

"They" = contest owner.

Blizzard could have very well told MMO-C to only open it to active subs. We may never know and it doesn't matter. I'd rather people who are playing the game test it before those who gave up on it.

Deleted
    Somehow the site took the battlenet of my girlfriend instead of mine . Is there a away to change the battle.net account for the contest afterwards ?

How do we tell if we win, you send it to the mail or we have to check our mmo account, or what? Thanks for the contest
    Last edited by Martinsmiljan; 2016-05-24 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoda View Post
    Somehow the site took the battlenet of my girlfriend instead of mine . Is there a away to change the battle.net account for the contest afterwards ?
    I just opened a new browser window of Chrome (usually log in here with FF) and i was able to type my information in myself instead of it pulling from who-knows-where.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    So you don't know. OK. In my view such information sharing via social networking logins are rarely for the good of the user only, but also for the good of the provider.

So you don't know. OK. In my view such information sharing via social networking logins are rarely for the good of the user only, but also for the good of the provider.
    Is there a better way to track someone's progress in a videogame than by using a tool created by the developer of said game to allow tracking and auditing?

Deleted
    I just opened a new browser window of Chrome (usually log in here with FF) and i was able to type my information in myself instead of it pulling from who-knows-where.
    that worked , awesome ! Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Require us to have an active WoW account during the worst content drought in the game's history... Sigh... No thanks, not resubbing for a chance at a beta key.
    I know right! Complete bullshit!

Deleted
    Is there a better way to track someone's progress in a videogame than by using a tool created by the developer of said game to allow tracking and auditing?
    It's such a prevalent tool lately to promote a website by social networking login tools of that kind that I find it hard to believe this is only for the accuracy of the competition. But anyway, this is only an ethical issue that can't be concluded. I'm interested in more practical terms to what extend that information is shared to other users or moderators, and what kind of information is shared and I have opened a thread in the Feedback forum about it if you're interested.

It's such a prevalent tool lately to promote a website by social networking login tools of that kind that I find it hard to believe this is only for the accuracy of the competition. But anyway, this is only an ethical issue that can't be concluded. I'm interested in more practical terms to what extend that information is shared to other users or moderators, and what kind of information is shared and I have opened a thread in the Feedback forum about it if you're interested.
    I looked at that thread, maybe even commented (can't recall.. haven't had my coffee yet). The Blizzard article linked in your thread tells you what permissions each application has, and how to check and revoke them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not very comfortable with this new trend that all competitions require a link to a real account with a real name on it.
    Probably easier to manage - just flag the winning account and that's it.

Deleted
    this detects only my US account (wich has its time expired) and not my EU account (wich i'm currently playing on) that are on my same BNet account. Can mmo-champion fix this?

Require us to have an active WoW account during the worst content drought in the game's history... Sigh... No thanks, not resubbing for a chance at a beta key.
    This method for make you subscribe is much worst than even the f2p crap games who beg you to login to give you a lockbox reward...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You quite literally aren't committed, you're objectively not committed, to a point that you don't even play the game anymore.
    Just because I choose not to pay them money when I'm out of interesting content and they haven't delivered anythig new does not mean I'm not committed.

If blindly paying money to not use their product is commitment, then you're right. I'm not committed to blindly spending money on a product I won't use.

You "die-hards" are so entitled that you feel your monthly subscription costs entitles you to beta access over any and all others and those of us that do not spend money are obviously not entitled.

I'm not saying you're not committed, because you obviously are. You just don't get the right to write me off as if I was not simply because I'm being frugal with my money.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

somebo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0ody. oh herro !

Thanks for giving me something to do in game!

"They" = contest owner.

Blizzard could have very well told MMO-C to only open it to active subs. We may never know and it doesn't matter. I'd rather people who are playing the game test it before those who gave up on it.
    Just because people have chosen to unsub does not mean we have given up on it.

The fact that you continue to pay and I do not does not mean I am not committed.

For some reason you feel like your monthly subscription entitles you to beta access before any and all others.

Just because I don't pay them right now does not mean I'm not committed. I've been off and on for 10 years now. I don't feel entitled to beta access.

Why do you think that not being subbed means I gave up on it? Because I finished what I wanted to do? Because I couldn't find new things to do? Because I was bored by the repetition? Because I was ready for Legion?

What exactly is it that makes you better than me in Blizzard's eyes and therefore deserving of beta access more than me?
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

Deleted
    LOL yet i thought i was alone!

Also i had 6 month ban for botting. Well you never know. Funny story, only 1 account got banned and it was one that i botted the least and actually played the game. Well Blizzard bans people in strange ways.
    Last edited by mmocda5509483c; 2016-05-24 at 01:09 PM.

WowPyxis, you are answering your own query. They are paying -now-. Blizzard probably has no idea whether a person not paying means they are waiting for better times or just simply quit. I mean, handing off a key to somebody who is not interested whatsoever is a waste of a beta key, especially problematic when they are holding a competition with finite number of keys in it. They aren't mind readers.

I'm not saying it's the ideal situation, but you can see the conundrum there, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    LOL yet i thought i was alone!

Also i had 6 month ban for botting. Well you never know. Funny story, only 1 account got banned and it was one that i botted the least and actually played the game. Well Blizzard bans people in strange ways.
    It's almost as if they wanted to punish you )