Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    pretty generous of blizz to let you refund after using the boost, and without deleting the character too.

most pre-orders these days can't be refunded if they come with a service/product you can use immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Right, because lying to a financial institution for the purpose of defrauding a company because you've changed your mind about a legitimate purchase is totally a good idea.
    I don't think you've read the new laws especially in the UK with regards to purchasing of video games. It is illegal for a company to refuse a refund if:
    1. the game is not up to proper standards (i.e. does not contain what it offered)
    2. the person is refused despite their wishes to return the product before its release.

There are other reasons but I cannot be fucked to go track them down just to shame your ignorance. But yes, if you buy something, like a game and the decide up to 7 days after that you wish to get a refund you are entitled to that refund by LAW. If they refuse and continually delay you, you are then able to file a suit with the organization that made the laws or and they advise this themselves, contact your bank and tell them the situation. Because there is fraud taking place but being a consumer you are protected from scams such as this.

It doesn't matter what rhetoric the copy writes in its terms and conditions they do not control the law and tell people how they are contracted to their company for buying a game. As i said these new laws came out around the Time WoD was spewing its load all over the internet in its launch weeks. A group of players complained and filed suits and eventually (somehow) a law passed mainly in the EU and UK that no company bullshit can explain away. If they want to sell their product in these countries they are the ones that must obey the law.

So ye... google gaming laws and enjoy your journey on the fail train!

Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    There are other reasons but I cannot be fucked to go track them down just to shame your ignorance. But yes, if you buy something, like a game and the decide up to 7 days after that you wish to get a refund you are entitled to that refund by LAW. If they refuse and continually delay you, you are then able to file a suit with the organization that made the laws or and they advise this themselves, contact your bank and tell them the situation. Because there is fraud taking place but being a consumer you are protected from scams such as this.
    "Telling the bank the situation" does not mean lying to them and telling them that you didn't actually authorize the purchase. That would be fraud. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    pretty generous of blizz to let you refund after using the boost, and without deleting the character too.
    I remember them doing something along the lines of locking the boosted character until the expac was re-purchased if you refunded WoD or something

most pre-orders these days can't be refunded if they come with a service/product you can use immediately.
    Really depends on the consumer laws of your country of origin, I know I can refund any pre-order I wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Really depends on the consumer laws of your country of origin, I know I can refund any pre-order I wish.
    Being legally allowed to and a company actually allowing you to do so are two different things. for example steam before their current refund policy didn't give any shits untill it went to court.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "Telling the bank the situation" does not mean lying to them and telling them that you didn't actually authorize the purchase. That would be fraud. Period.
    Why would he need to tell the bank that he didn't authorise the purchase? All he need do is tell the bank that the retailer has not provided the product and they are refusing to refund his money.

If you don't like it why the fuck did you pre-order? Why does anybody pre-order? It's not like it's a rare resource and there's going to be a shortage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Let me elaborate it for you:

Advantages: I got my pet, mount and boost immediately.
    Disadvantages: None, since I would buy and play Legion anyway, in any case - unless I have a bad accident or the like, in which case I won't care about a bit of money that I have spent many, many months ago.
    You pretty sum up why people preorder right there. A boost now is slightly more valuable since it's a max level boost and you have more time to gear it and get some experience before legion to make the questing easier as opposed to boosting once legion is released.

I don't really want to bring up money reasons but I think most of us should be able to easily afford it anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    definitely not true
    Why do you think so ? It is like buying a Cake, eating 1/3 and trying to get refund.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Why do you think so ? It is like buying a Cake, eating 1/3 and trying to get refund.
    I don't think so. I know so. I have tried it myself, and so have many others.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard you can still get your money back. But I refuse to preorder after WOD. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
    Horde always.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
    I submitted a ticket before going to work today (on a Legion preorder I made a couple of months ago), and it was refused based on:
    We were unable to complete your refund on a World of Warcraft game purchase.- Too much time has passed since the game was purchased.

All I posted in my ticket was my refund request, and that I posted it from the character I used my boost on. Since Legion's still a few months from release, then why does it matter if I waited a few months for a preorder refund? Do I have any other avenues? I'm just bored of WoW tbh, and have no intention to return in Legion.
    Never preorder.

Also Blizzard will find many an avenue of their own to find a reason not to refund your order just to keep dat money money flow. Boosted char or not, they could've removed some stuff from your char or I don't know... could've been argued about with the GM In the ticket but that's not their style... to you know, help us more then they should.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

"I bought this box of popcorn because it had an offer of a free stick of gum inside. I ate the gum and now I want to return the popcorn for a refund"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    "I bought this box of popcorn because it had an offer of a free stick of gum inside. I ate the gum and now I want to return the popcorn for a refund"
    And yet, Blizzard is actually nice enough to give you one.
    But fuck 'em yeah, they totally like suck!!1 Fucking bloodsuckers!1

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sorry but there is no way the OP is true. You could have pre-ordered 5 months ago and can recieve a refund. By law in the US at lease they have to refund a pre-order.

The only way they don't refund is if you bought ur code from a 2nd party.

For example: I bought my code from Gamestop therefor blizzard can't and won't refund it since they didn't make the sell. The only way out of not giving a refund is if they state no refund on digital (DLC) sells like gamestop does.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true ur charater is just locked.

I have refunded my pre-order twice before finally keeping it the 3rd time.
    There's no specific federal law that requires merchants to refund a purchase. That issue is handled through state laws which vary..though overwhelmingly in most states the law generally backs the merchants policies. That aside the law does require remediation for cases like defective merchandise..but there is no law state or federal that forces refunds on the grounds of "I changed my mind".

Thought I'd come back to post a source for this information:

Return Policies and Refunds: http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer...-refunds.html/

Layaway Plans : http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer...d-the-law.html

Individual State Laws: http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer...-by-state.html

I hate seeing people get screwed by misinformation - especially on legal stuff (the whole "knowledge is power thing").

Edit 5/25/16 - Added the link so people can actually look up their own state's laws on refunds. This is a big topic to me, because I loathe the BS info people pass off (which this thread started off with -- "Its the law they have to ..." well it depends on your reason for wanting the refund in some cases - federal law in the US does *NOT* support "I changed my mind" for instance as a valid reason to claim a refund, in most states as long as they post their refund policy CLEARLY...than its basically what ever that policy says it is....the reason most businesses have policies to grant refunds.....simple -- its smart business. Most people remember things they hate...lol....if a certain business is known for stingy refund policies that may turn you away from doing business again with them....there's been stores I know walked passed just because of their horrid policies)
    Last edited by Mytheros; 2016-05-25 at 10:26 PM.

Being legally allowed to and a company actually allowing you to do so are two different things.
    We're not discussing two different things, You decided to bring that up trying to make some point.

for example steam before their current refund policy didn't give any shits untill it went to court.
    Go to court? I can stroll down to the bank and refund anything I want.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    We're not discussing two different things, You decided to bring that up trying to make some point.

Go to court? I can stroll down to the bank and refund anything I want.
    charge backs are not refunds and if you think they are you will run into some nasty surprises at some point.

charge backs are not refunds and if you think they are you will run into some nasty surprises at some point.
    When they're lawful no, No nasty surprises at all.
    Yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolute bullshit. My friend pre-ordered over watch the day it came a viable (blizzcon?) And just refunded it. No problem. Cause he hates pvp games and rage quit a bunch ( I know right <_<?) They will never say *it's been too long*
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why would you pre-order anything for that matter? You only enter into risk of not wanting to play when the product is released. Just pay for it when it comes out. How is pre-ordering even a thing? It only makes sense for something that may run out of stock on release.