Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Looking at her picture made me want to eat a hamburger. Apart from that I see very little positive about her and people that consider obesity to be a desireable state.

Then again when the general populace is becoming fatter and fatter, I guess it's understandable that people with no self-esteem need to constantly cry about being told they should lose weight for their own good (and for the good of the society as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    The picture is fine.

On the other hand, I don't really understand the "fat pride" movement. If you're morbidly obese, it's medically undesirable and unattractive. It's a problem to be fixed, not something to take pride in.

If you have a small bit of chubbiness, fine, be happy with your body if you want, but this whole proud of morbid obesity thing is just silly and self destructive. My father was 600 lbs for a while. He eventually got down to 350 or so with the help of gastric bypass surgery, but couldn't ever really change his habits enough to get lower than that. I wish he had been able to change, because I'm reasonably certain it's his weight that put the strain on his heart that eventually killed him young.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-05-24 at 02:24 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

i wonder if this group knows that their name is the same as the lesbian perk in fallout new vegas.

anyway, i don't see the need to ban it. shit, i think everyone should be able to go naked, even people like her.

though i will say, i don't like this idea of "body positivity". there's nothing good about being that big. she shouldn't be ridiculed and made fun of, but she definitely shouldn't be celebrated for choosing to be that big.

Is the woman in picture modeling for greasy unhealthy food? What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    No cause the stomach would conceal vag (in theory).
    True, kind of like the hand-bra pics, only it's stomach-vag.

Facebook should have kept the picture down. It is undesirable, but of course they caved. Im one that doesnt agree with the Fat Acceptance BS going on right now. Tess Holliday is fat, disgusting and unhealthy. She shouldnt be praised for that. Its absolutely ridiculous that gluttony is accepted as something good now a days. Its not.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    In fact I wish more people would quit Facebook... It limits you into a social construct and sells your short of what you are. It's sad to see how people tend to forget that they're not their"Facebook wall". It can really cause depression..
    But how would people know they're good people without like clicks??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Facebook should have kept the picture down. It is undesirable, but of course they caved. Im one that doesnt agree with the Fat Acceptance BS going on right now. Tess Holliday is fat, disgusting and unhealthy. She shouldnt be praised for that. Its absolutely ridiculous that gluttony is accepted as something good now a days. Its not.
    Yes there is nothing praiseworthy about being terminally obese.

10+ Year Old Account
    For one, our standards on fitness have dropped significantly in the latest few hundred years. Even what we consider fit, by ancient standards (I mean tribal times), is, for the most part, pretty lousy and would make the person look almost disabled, compared to others, at that time - and, since the nature built us for living in those times, it is hard to predict what our increasingly dropping standards are going to lead to in the end. Let's hope science can give us strong healthy bodies back without having to hunt on our feet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    She has a pretty face, but god damn she's a big 'un.
    She's the poster-girl for all body positive images: Thin looking, 'standard beauty' face on a big, but evenly proportioned frame.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    On the other hand, I don't really understand the "fat pride" movement. If you're morbidly obese, it's medically undesirable and unattractive. It's a problem to be fixed, not something to take pride in.
    It seems that these people delusionally believe that if they change society to accept obesity as a standard they can ignore all the side-effects to their health and the burden they put on the rest of society.

It's easier to lie to yourself than to face reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    It seems that these people delusionally believe that if they change society to accept obesity as a standard they can ignore all the side-effects to their health and the burden they put on the rest of society.

It's easier to lie to yourself than to face reality.
    I get that my father had a hard time exercising. Even walking long distances is incredibly difficult when you're 350 pounds and out of shape. In his later years, he had a heart issue holding him back as well. But honestly you can lose a LOT of weight just by changing your diet. It sucks for the first week or two, but it doesn't take all that long for your body adjust to the new diet. You can even keep eating garbage, as long as you're eating a low total number of calories in your garbage.

And once you've lost a lot of weight, that exercise becomes a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'd say embracing it shouldn't contradict working on making it better. It is just about not believing that your body prevents you from being happy and loved.
    Yes, all the while you should be working to make yourself healthy.

Tes is one of those people that is obese super obese, but believes she's not unhealthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    She's the poster-girl for all body positive images: Thin looking, 'standard beauty' face on a big, but evenly proportioned frame.
    She isn't evenly proportioned... she's photo shopped and touched up to all hell.

This isn't "new" though for any model being photographed. I think people forget about it though.

the pure hate being spewed on this thread is unbelievable
    The I hate people that don't look like me, and the majority of the hate being spewed is from the very people that will call others racist homophobes transphobes islamophobes and bigots if they spewed that same hate being spewed was directed at liberal chosen victom classes

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, because there's another medically undesirable and unattractive thing that was becoming increasingly common in the US until we started having campaigns against it.

Cigarettes. Why doesn't morbid obesity seem to get the same treatment as smokers. I don't want to be a smoker or date a smoker. Nor do I want to be obese, or date obese women.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's funny, because there's another medically undesirable and unattractive thing that was becoming increasingly common in the US until we started having campaigns against it.

Cigarettes. Why doesn't morbid obesity seem to get the same treatment as smokers. I don't want to be a smoker or date a smoker. Nor do I want to be obese, or date obese women.
    Cigarettes make people around sick and increases cancer in those around you. Being fat yoruself not so much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    the pure hate being spewed on this thread is unbelievable
    The I hate people that don't look like me, and the majority of the hate being spewed is from the very people that will call others racist homophobes transphobes islamophobes and bigots if they spewed that same hate being spewed was directed at liberal chosen victom classes
    Tes Deserves to be hated though... like she's not a good person at all.

Facebook has apologized for wrongly banning a photo of plus-sized model Tess Holliday for violating its ‘health and fitness’ advertising policy
    violating its ‘health and fitness’ advertising policy
    Sounds about right. Where's the problem? She needs to lose weight or she's gonna have a stroke soon. She's a bad role model. Laziness should not be applauded.

10+ Year Old Account
    It offends me because she'd be quite beautiful if she wasn't so big. I'm kidding of course, but I think she's a bit too big to be encouraging. 200 lb and under? Sure. It may not be the most attractive thing in the world (although curvy women can definitely be fine as hell) but I don't think they are so unhealthy that it endangers them. But looking at that girl I wouldn't be surprised if she was like 300 pounds.

It's basically like encouraging smoking because the people are addicted and can't easily stop, and yet there are anti tobacco ad everywhere, but obese people get a pass? Why? I'm not saying we should shame them, just not encourage the lifestyle, because frankly it's unhealthy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The best part of Tennis threads is they'll only respond to the low hanging fruit, and ignore anything that blows them out of the water.

Which happens in every freakin' thread.
    Get real there chap. Nobody blows me out of the water.

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus sized models?

Are we celebrating health problems now?