Poll: Who wins in a 1v1 duel ?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arthas,The Lich King vs Lei Shen ,The Thunder King

Both in their prime.Neither can use their armies.Which means Arthas cannot summon undead and Lei Shen cannot summon Mogu.

The Lich King at his peak i.e Wrath of the Lich King.

The Thunder King at his peak i.e 12000 years ago when he was Emperor of Pandaria.(NOT THE LEI SHEN FROM MOP)

(I,personally,go with Lei Shen.)
    Last edited by Rathbourne; 2016-05-24 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    Sure, Lei Shen had the power of Ra-den, storms. But still I see only mark of his true power in fighting Xuen, and then again Xuen is never praised to be that strong, even though he is the spiritual form of strength. I'd go with the Lich King, given that he has Frostmourne which is arguably one of the strongest weapons in warcraft. Lei Shen ruled more with the thunder crackling in the battlefield when his armies were fighting.

Lich King killed a raid when he was done testing them. Lei Shen straight up died.

We've done these threads before, still going with Arthas. Its also evident during their raid encounters as Arthas one shots the raid with ease, while Lei Shen couldn't even kill the raid by using all of his power.

I'd probably go with Lei Shen. I think a lot of Arthas' necrotic powers would just bounce off of Lei Shen. Plus Lei Shen can put a lot of damage on Arthas from a distance. I don't know that Frostmourne is powerful enough to tackle an opponent who is infused with the power of a Titan Keeper, but obviously I could be mistaken.
    Last edited by Gelannerai; 2016-05-24 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    We've done these threads before, still going with Arthas. Its also evident during their raid encounters as Arthas one shots the raid with ease, while Lei Shen couldn't even kill the raid by using all of his power.
    We got more info about Lei Shen from the Chronicles.Since then i dont know if a thread has been made.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen.

We don't know if Frostmourne can reap titanic constructs like him.
    But we know that eletric magicks can fry Artha's pretty, blue eyeballs.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2016-05-24 at 03:22 PM.

I don't know much about lore but I'd go with the Lich King since Lei Shen's a filler boss

If we're talking about Lei Shen in his Prime, and if this art from Chronicle can be taken literally, Lei Shen at the Throne of Thunder was nowhere near his peak strength when we fought him. If he was actually literally able to become a thousand feet tall and kick around some mountains like that, he definitely could have kicked the Lich Kings ass.

But modern Lei Shen would probably lose to the Lich King. It makes sense, since he was dead for over 10,000 years before being resurrected, there's no way he didn't suffer from some wear and tear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    I don't know much about lore but I'd go with the Lich King since Lei Shen's a filler boss
    By that logic, Yogg-Saron isn't shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I'd probably go with Lei Shen. I think a lot of Arthas' necrotic powers would just bounce off of Lei Shen. Plus Lei Shen can put a lot of damage on Arthas from a distance. I don't know that Frostmourne is powerful enough to tackle an oppoenent who is infused with the power of a Titan Keeper, but obviously I could be mistaken.
    A blade so powerful that its name is known to several high-ranking demons in the Burning Legion. I wouldn't presume to call it an easy win for the Lich King, but I think he'd eventually come out on top. Decay, unnatural frost and a blade of fearsome power - all in all it'd give him an edge in my books. It's all theoretical speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    By that logic, Yogg-Saron isn't shit.
    Except it was established that the old gods were more than one, so even if he wasn't exactly named, it does give him a place in the lore unlike Lei Shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    A blade so powerful that its name is known to several high-ranking demons in the Burning Legion. I wouldn't presume to call it an easy win for the Lich King, but I think he'd eventually come out on top. Decay, unnatural frost and a blade of fearsome power - all in all it'd give him an edge in my books. It's all theoretical speculation though.
    At his peak of power Lei shen had absorbed the essence of Aman'thul, that should more than even out Frostmourne.

Deleted
    So a random undead dude created by demons against a powerful Mogu empowered with the remnants of Aman'Thul's power. Hmm. Though one.

And it's not even a Bulldog thread?
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-05-24 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So a random undead dude created by demons against a powerful Mogu empowered with the remnants of Aman'Thul's power. Hmm. Though one.

And it's not even a Bulldog thread?
    Not sure I would consider Arthas "a random undead dude." Also consider the artifacts he wields (crown and sword) and their history. Remember "there will always be a Lich King." Illidan also lost to the Lich King and considering the chronicles, Illidan was a lot more powerful than once thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Not sure I would consider Arthas "a random undead dude." Also consider the artifacts he wields (crown and sword) and their history. Remember "there will always be a Lich King." Illidan also lost to the Lich King and considering the chronicles, Illidan was a lot more powerful than once thought.
    Still not as powerful as a Mogu with the Highfather's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The chronicle did't make Illidan stronger than once thought.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I believe the no-army restriction doesn't work well for Arthas since he does summon armies as one of his main fighting kits. Even during Lich King's encounter, he summons undead on almost all phases, ghouls, valkyries etc. So... dunno.

Except Lei Shen does have a major place in the lore as of Chronicle. It took a direct shot from the Titan doomsday device in Uldum to bring him down at his peak. Arthas could potentially win against the resurrected Lei Shen that we dispatched, but I don't think he stands up to Lei Shen in his prime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    You really don't know much about the lore then.

With the lore we got from Chronicle, Lei Shen is far from filler.

Also, even knowing jackshit about the lore, how can you consider the final boss of a raid tier a filler boss?
    Last edited by mmoce9a533470d; 2016-05-24 at 05:07 PM.

The Thunder King has the powers of a titan. The Lich King has the powers of Kil'Jaeden. The Titans equipped their servants to handle Old Gods and Elemental Lords, while Kil'Jaeden equipped the Lich King to weaken its mortal inhabitants at the time of Warcraft 3.
    Not to point out the obvious or anything, but isn't Lei Shen significantly larger physically then the Lich King? I could totally see Lei Shen just squashing Arthas.
    The Lich King was defeated by Tirion Fordring at the height of his power, admittedly with a powerful blessing from the light. Lei Shen was nuked from orbit with a blast that turned a jungle into a desert.
    I just can't see a situation where Arthas wins without an overwhelming army.