Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was annoying and stupid. I've seen better ideas.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yay, a new weapon. Oh wait, it's a crossbow and I've not used one since Vanilla. Time to find Dr Boom and go AFK for an hour, or I won't be able to hit anything for the next 150 levels.

Great "gameplay". Good riddance to shit like that. It added nothing.

no and more nooooooooo for 10chars.

Artificial longevity sucks.
    Content should take time because it is difficult, not because of gating.
    And that is unskilled tedium.

Same with resistance gear which was completely passive in its effect, rendering an encounter easier through a mindless non-interactive reduction in numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    THANK YOU. I'm honestly glad it's not me VS the world(ofwarcraft) here.
    I don't think you understood the comment you replied to.

Deleted
    It does make sense to master different kinds of weapons, but gameplay wise it was really annoying.

The days of asking for anything in this game to resemble actual RPG are long gone, OP. Time to seek out other titles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The days of asking for anything in this game to resemble actual RPG are long gone, OP. Time to seek out other titles.
    This is not even RPG, this is not even simulation. Its a tedious task which has NOTHING in common with actual weapon training.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    This is not even RPG
    How isn't it exactly? You've never played a game that requires that you use a weapon to get better at it?

You might want to rethink quoting me on the word "depth." Go look at the OP.

I fail to see how that makes Combat Skills pointless. If you only have proficient skill with a Mace, but an Axe drops, you have to either try again, or take the time to develop your Axe skills so you can use the axe. Hit and Expertise have absolutely no effect with this concept.
    Going around with a lvl 1-10 grey/white weapon and then hitting the same mob for ages at max level is not exactly my idea of what adding "depth" is... it was just a major annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How isn't it exactly? You've never played a game that requires that you use a weapon to get better at it?
    Great, add some story and gameplay into it. Afk'ing just to get it over with is not it.

...The topics bitched and moaned about on MMO-C are just getting more pathetic by the day...
    Going to hit low level mobs to "level" up weapon skills, was among the most braindead, casual-friendly shit. It wasn't a challenge, it wasn't "deep gameplay"...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...The topics bitched and moaned about on MMO-C are just getting more pathetic by the day...
    Going to hit low level mobs to "level" up weapon skills, was among the most braindead, casual-friendly shit. It wasn't a challenge, it wasn't "deep gameplay"...
    Next we're going to hear how all classes using mana as a resource would be more unique and interesting than what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a player since just before the launch of Wrath, I was completely let down to see that Combat Skills had been removed when Cataclysm hit.

Casualization is real, and it started there.

BUT, I personally think Blizzard should BRING THEM BACK!

I really liked having to work for my specific weapon drop, rather than having any weapon my class can use be immediately good enough. Combat skills brought a sense of character to your character.

You're a warrior... You can use Axes, Maces, and Swords... BUT you have to MASTER all of them to truly be able to use them. Many people preferred of course to focus in on one weapon type over another, and you know what that brought?

LONGEVITY! I remember so many times I'd have to re-run raids because my weapon would either drop and be won by somebody else, or it didn't drop at all. Here was the cool thing though!

As a Blood DK (Used to be DPS) I used Two-Handed Axes, and I was almost experienced with the Maces. So when I ran raids and saw 2-Handed Swords dropping, and I couldn't use them, it left me feeling like I was still inexperienced, and that I had more to do.

I could go back and grind out my sword skill in my spare time, or I could re-run this raid until I got my kickass Axe. I of course did both, but barely, because I was too busy leveling alts. So re-running the raids it was!
    I know a ton of people HATE the Combat Skills, but I have no problem calling them casuals, even more so than I am.. ( And I'm pretty casual!)

Thoughts?
    Gotta love topics where someone states their opinion (key word here) and announces that he'll attack people for posting theirs if they disagree. "Don't agree with me? UR A CASUAL (like me)"

New flash. The world doesn't begin and end with how you feel about anything. Weapon skills weren't fun to level up for any class, and for those that were not melee it was a straight up chore. Good riddance.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Next we're going to hear how all classes using mana as a resource would be more unique and interesting than what we have now.
    Oh yes, I remember it well. It was such a testament to skill playing a mighty hunter with mana! Switching to Aspect of the Viper now and then truly set the skilled apart from the plebs that simply COULD NOT hit that ability!!

hahahahahahah......hum no.

Deleted
    I don't really see the gameplay angle in this.
    You buy the all the cheapest green weapons from AH and go whack a dummy until you've maxed out all your weapon skills. After that you can forget all about it.
    It's boring and pointless and doesn't add anything to the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I don't really see the gameplay angle in this.
    You buy the all the cheapest green weapons from AH and go whack a dummy until you've maxed out all your weapon skills. After that you can forget all about it.
    It's boring and pointless and doesn't add anything to the gameplay.
    I'm only going to reply to you since you're the latest person to say the same stupid thing.

Bringing it back would not be in an identical form. OF COURSE.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to being able to level it from low level mobs and AFKing. Why would I want to bring back a feature that isn't hard?

And to those talking about this during Legion. I already said, that would be a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Gypsy View Post
    How is auto attacking random mobs for hours on end to get max proficiency with a weapon good gameplay or enjoyable? Genuinely intrigued here.
    Agreed. I remember getting the badge fist weapons in BC and then having to go to Hellfire and grind the skill up against those continuously spawning demons.

And if you think about it really, it didn't make sense at all. If I can swing a 2 handed sword with lethal proficiency, why am I suddenly a complete idiot when it comes to swinging a 2 handed axe? It isn't like they're completely different weapons requiring completely different muscles/mechanics.

I'm only going to reply to you since you're the latest person to say the same stupid thing.
    ... Why would I want to bring back a feature that isn't hard?

And to those talking about this during Legion. I already said, that would be a terrible idea.
    Then why did you even bring the idea of bringing it back up (in any form)?