Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the exact way the system works and what information exactly you share, @chaud is the man in charge that can tell you relevant things about that, but I can take away some of the other doubts that people have expressed:

1) No we won't know your real name

2) No not every moderator has access to the information you share. Me nor any of the other globals, nor any of the normal (green) mods have access to such information. Admin only (and I'm pretty sure even most of the admins won't have direct access to the information you share).

Far as I know this system is just to let people log on in a more secure and easy way, and to gather some more precise info that anyone could get without this log in anyway through Blizzard's API. That API is what chaud already uses when he's done news posts about achievement completion % etc, like the one about Proving grounds a few days ago.

There's really nothing sinister about it.

The above post is correct, all we get is your battletag and list of WoW characters so we can ensure you really killed Illidan during the contest. The only one that has access to your battletag and any other information is me. Mods have no access to this data.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Also with Blizz, once you link your account here, there is no option to 'un-link' it. Which means that you could be allowing them to always have future access to your info (whatever is shared).
    The token expires after 30 days, you would need to give us permission again then.

Deleted
    For character info I do not think anyone has any real concerns.
    Actually I do. There is a lot of trolling in this forum. I have been attacked several times by people that thought they knew who I am in game.

We currently have no plans to display your characters on the forum. If we ever do decide to do that in some way, it will be opt-in only.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonGateClimber View Post
    Terrible idea, and I won't be entering my log in credentials anywhere but on battle.net or the launcher.
    I hope more have your attitude, ups my chances of winning.

Reading Comprehension is a wondrous thing to have.

He is not worried about them knowing his WoW character name. He is worried about them seeing his REAL NAME. Let me repeat that so that you understand.

REAL NAME

Just like the title of the thread says ffs.
    I will not type in bold and large size, especially when it is you who did not read. But I will post an image of the permissions you agree to give them. If you can't decipher if they can see your real name then I feel bad for you and your education system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the question has been answered and folks are just bickering now, I'm locking this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |