Page 1 of 530
... LastLast

So how are your games going lately? [megathread]

Level 10 atm taking it nice and easy. Getting slightly frustrated in some games when I go in as a tank or Mei with ulti and nobody follows up. Especially when people are there but meh C'est la vie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Level 10 atm taking it nice and easy. Getting slightly frustrated in some games when I go in as a tank or Mei with ulti and nobody follows up. Especially when people are there but meh C'est la vie.
    Something like level 8.

I'm honestly surprised by how many people don't seem to understand how "capture points" and "payloads" work. You need to sit on them. If the enemy is sitting on the payload and pushing it, you need to be ON it, to contest it, to make it stop moving. Standing back and firing rockets at Reinhardt and friends as they choo-choo to the finish means you're letting them win, and not actually trying to fight back.

The only people who have a real excuse are snipers and roamers. And that's pretty much Widowmaker, Hanzo, Reaper, and Tracer. Pharah, vertically, to a certain extent. Everyone else should be loving that payload/capture point.

If the enemy Tracer/Reaper is hanging around your spawn, give them a rude gesture and go for the capture point. When anyone goes chasing them, they win. That's her entire goal; to distract you from the objective. You won't kill them if they're good. They probably won't kill YOU, but that's not the point. They're keeping you off the point. Shoot and run for the point. Make THEM chase YOU.

I got almost to level 10 last night. Had some good, had some bad, had a lot of people who just seemed to have never played a shooter, and had a lot that just hid and cowered in the corner most of the game. Not exactly sure why you would play an FPS only to stare at a wall for 10 minutes at a time.

Also still need that button to insta mute the last person that talked in channel without having to leave channel or try and go through menu commands. Had quite a few games last night where people thought it was open mic night at the comedy club, they were very wrong. Also got a lot of people who just left their mics open all the time. Last game of the night someone was eating with an open mic. That's just nasty to listen to.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    14 matches played, 3 won... because no one plays the f*ing objective... unfortunately I have to wait for evening to play with my friends but right now I'm so extremly frustrated that I always catch teams with people who are COD like camping for kill streaks but are not playing the damn objective.. also some hilarious games where for instance I took Winston because we needed a tank and shortly after 2 other players - that had optimal roles before - picked Winston, while I as I saw it switched to a sniper and the two players did the same, just seemed to have fun to copy my choice even if it doesn't make much sense.

It was way better in the open beta, I thought it would be otherwise as most people bought the game already played the open beta and now should know how that game works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl 6, went as well as expected. Had a single DC but to be expected with launch days. Other than that I was happy that I wasn't stuck playing support/tank every game so far. People are stepping up and fulfilling the roles or having fun with them so they don't mind playing them. Gives me more time for some sweet Pharah action

But I was also playing with 3 friends who know the game already so no problems with actually doing the objective

10+ Year Old Account
    Reached level 13 and its going rather well. Got a 20 kill streak in my first game and also done both of Genjis achievements too. Love playing this game so much fun playing with people I didnt get to play with during the closed beta. Altho a Bastion on nepal who refused to switch even when several people asked him to swap was certainly annoying but its always gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

People keep yelling at me for my Mei ice puns. I swear one of our team jumped off the edge of a map as I made one.....

People don't really seem to understand the objectives. They go about collecting frags and ignore the objective. What should I do at that point? Go kill people too so game ends quicker?

I still suck with snipers. Yet when I accidentaly pushed widowmaker at the end of a match, I somehow scored three headshots in row... wtf. Cannot replicate the performance. :I

7+ Year Old Account
    Got to level 5, still coming to terms with how bad I am. Having a blast, though, so I'm not complaining... my teammates probably should, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am at work and I am in deep desperation. Level: Gul'dans wrath.
    Pretty much me. Played 3 games last night with my mates, got to level 3. Got roflstomped in them all. Conclusion: not playing with my friends.

Also the weekly brawl sounds like a blast.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Sobbing in a corner as everyone in my team hides behind a corner while my Sound Barrier decays.

7+ Year Old Account
    cant play for a few more days.
    but im pretty sure i'll reach lvl 15 (probably even 20) in less than a day.
    cant wait to put my hands on tracer again ._.

Formerly known as Arafal

Love FPS shooters, Like Multiplayer FPS(CoD etc.) I do decent/ above average on them in randoms/TDM/CTF/Domination etc.
    I am not into the OVERWATCH, Toon X counters Toon Y thing though...at all.
    Not enjoying the random potato "fuck it not doing the objectives or my job...just going to derp around the map" team mates , thing either.

Getting smoked 11 times in a game , not fun...not even for the most casual and docile of players.

I don't see HOW this will appeal long term to people who like winning more than on just luck that your team mates know their job,know the objective and ...will execute, do not have a pack of friends to play with all the time, or casuals who mind being more than score fodder k/d farms for teams.

Ah well, Blizz got me for a nice chunk of $$ on this one.

Level 6 with 4 hours of playing with friends. I could've been 7 or even 8 but the game kept dropping connection just before the round ended. From what I could tell I didn't get the xp. Mostly present gamed even when we lost. One game was just obnoxious. Tried to defend Watch Point Gibraltar against a Winston, 2 Pharah, Lucio, amd Zenyatta. It was rough, that comp worked really well together.

Deleted
    getting annoyed with losing so many games because everyone my team just wants to play hanzo or bastion. 90% of games im basically forced to play tank or healer because no one else seems to pick them. luckily i quite enjoy playing lucio, but wouldn't mind a change sometimes.

Still waiting for my physical copy from amazon to get here...lol

Mostly played Genji all night, did a few games as Mercy for Widowmaker lols.

Level 6 after a few matches; I feel like I'm playing with/against toddlers who don't understand the concept of how the game works, though. I had way better matches in open beta and the stress weekends.

Are the servers mixed? i.e. do PC players play against XBone and PS4 players? That would explain the sheer number of people who appeared to be struggling to turn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Level 6 after a few matches; I feel like I'm playing with/against toddlers who don't understand the concept of how the game works, though. I had way better matches in open beta and the stress weekends.

Are the servers mixed? i.e. do PC players play against XBone and PS4 players? That would explain the sheer number of people who appeared to be struggling to turn fast.
    No. Pc has controller support is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is going well for me, but my friend is screeming "every champ is to OP." which is funny.