Thread: ost 2007

ost 2007

I have been using Outlook 2007 via with Exchange Server for several years. Usually, everything running like clockwork. However, today I opened Outlook and jumped out the message - the error was found in the .ost file.

Tell me who can, how to fix it?
    Last edited by koalassy; 2016-05-24 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koalassy View Post
    I have been using Outlook 2007 via with Exchange Server for several years. Usually, everything running like clockwork. However, today I opened Outlook and jumped out the message - the error was found in the stop file.

Tell me who can, how to fix it?
    Do you mean setup file? Your post doesn't tell us much. Give a screenshot or something to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Do you mean setup file? Your post doesn't tell us much. Give a screenshot or something to go on.
    Sorry I made an error in post. The message saying - the error was found in the .ost file.
    No, not in setup file, in general .ost file with my messages on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by koalassy View Post
    Sorry I made an error in post. The message saying - the error was found in the .ost file.
    No, not in setup file, in general .ost file with my messages on PC.
    The .OST is a cache file from your mailbox on the exchange server.

First, close Outlook

If you are on Win7 go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ and then delete your .ost

(%USERNAME% is the name of your login)

Open outlook (it may take a while because Outlook is creating a new cache file)

after the new .ost is created, Outlook will sync your mailbox.

Hope it help!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightheaven View Post
    The .OST is a cache file from your mailbox on the exchange server.

First, close Outlook

If you are on Win7 go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ and then delete your .ost

(%USERNAME% is the name of your login)

Open outlook (it may take a while because Outlook is creating a new cache file)

after the new .ost is created, Outlook will sync your mailbox.

Hope it help!
    It helped me but only a half of data were restored. Another part the same is still gone.