Poll: Who wins in a 1v1 duel ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Lich King ofcourse. Lei Shen fanboys are being silly.
    What's a Lei Shen fanboy? Must be one of those elusive creatures never before seen in the lore forum.

Where are all you Xhul'horac fanboys at??

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Could be the case but you may also consider that Arthas can raise fallen enemies, which works really well for LK.
    Don't think he could have raised Mogu...or well it is a grey area for sure. Depending on curse of flesh etc. Mogu were at the time kind of golemish maybe. It gets weird with the Titan Constructs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    What's a Lei Shen fanboy? Must be one of those elusive creatures never before seen in the lore forum.

Where are all you Xhul'horac fanboys at??
    today on national geographic
    a new Creature
    Let shen fanboys
    they have emerged suddenly
    we will explore them tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

If by Lei Shen fanboys you mean people who read Chronicle and recognize the emphasis on his power that the Blizzard Lore team gave him. Then I guess they exist. Overall I find him to be a total dick, but when ohter Titan constructs think the only way to take you out before you rule all of creation is to use a world ending machine against you that turns a jungle to a desert then I say you are pretty much at full badass level. Again, powered by Ra-Den and Aman'thul and possessed the secret to immortality and destoryed everything in his path for the most part on point to rule over Azeroth when the most powerful being walked its face. Sans keepers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    Lich King killed a raid when he was done testing them. Lei Shen straight up died.
    Seriously... literally the only reason Arthas died is because he decided to monologue to Tirion... If he hadn't decided to talk and rez us instead of just stabbing Tirion in the face while he was helpless and frozen in ice, the world would be his, and we would all be scourge, Tirion included... Arthas rather effortlessly murdered the shit out of us after we passed his "test".
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Seriously... literally the only reason Arthas died is because he was a cocky little shit who liked to monologue... If he hadn't decided to talk and rez us instead of just stabbing Tirion in the face while he was helpless and frozen in ice, the world would be his, and we would all be scourge, Tirion included.
    What if he did win, and we are being mind controlled....but we are seeing the world the way we want to see it so we can do the bad deeds we are doing. We didnt kill Archimonde in HFC, we killed innocent civilians in the name of the Lich King!

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously... literally the only reason Arthas died is because he decided to monologue to Tirion... If he hadn't decided to talk and rez us instead of just stabbing Tirion in the face while he was helpless and frozen in ice, the world would be his, and we would all be scourge, Tirion included... Arthas rather effortlessly murdered the shit out of us after we passed his "test".
    Hopeless case
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    What if he did win, and we are being mind controlled....but we are seeing the world the way we want to see it so we can do the bad deeds we are doing. We didnt kill Archimonde in HFC, we killed innocent civilians in the name of the Lich King!
    So we're Pyro from TF2? Everything is sunshine and butterflies, rainbows and unicorns to us, while in reality we are incinerating random people and hacking off limbs with a fireaxe.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Seriously... literally the only reason Arthas died is because he was a cocky little shit who liked to monologue... If he hadn't decided to talk and rez us instead of just stabbing Tirion in the face while he was helpless and frozen in ice, the world would be his, and we would all be scourge, Tirion included... Arthas rather effortlessly murdered the shit out of us.
    If titan constructs hadn't enacted a doomsday device that destroyed Lei Shen and rendered a jungle a desert forever humans wouldn't have existed as Lei Shen was on par to conquer the entirety of Azeroth fairly unchecked. The other keepers were gone and he was empowered by Ra and Aman'thul. Maybe the aspects could have stood a chance, but doubtful. The guy sucks and is corny as all hell and maybe the biggest OP character created, but he was insanely powerful. Again, had to use a world ending device created by the titans to stop him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer a more 'Death Battle' approach to this kind of thing. Like maybe Arthas and the Scourge vs. Crota and the Hive. Who's the more badass prince with a big ass sword? =p

Deleted
    Depends entirely on whether or not Lich King has that move where he clicks his fingers and literally everything dies.

I wonder how that fares against Alexstrasza's life-giving powers, thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems familiar. I'm sure there was a thread like this before. Anyway, I'd go with Lei Shen at his peak. Channeling the power of the Titans is serious biz. One on one I doubt the Lich King would stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Depends entirely on whether or not Lich King has that move where he clicks his fingers and literally everything dies.

I wonder how that fares against Alexstrasza's life-giving powers, thinking about it.
    Probably against weak opposition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I vote Arthas. If memory serves, we just walk into Lei Shen's room, with him having all his electro cube stuff for a home field advantage, and just straight up kill him, while Arthas required an NPC going super saiyan and breaking Frostmourne. It all comes down to, I think, could Lei Shen break Frostmourne and my guess is 'probably not.' Take away Lei Shen's homefield advantage too and put them in a neutral fighting place and I think the LK would win personally.
    We didnt fight Lei Shen at the peak of his power.

Arthas however, pretty much never been stronger.

Lei shen would absolutely crush Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    the post said in lei shen prime 12000 years ago
    I don't recall the game suggesting he was weaker in MoP than back then, but either way we have no real metric to gauge that strength. I know he beat Xuen but then so can we.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-05-24 at 09:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't recall the game suggesting he was weaker in MoP than back then, but either way we have no real metric to gauge that strength.
    didn't you read chronicle
    Lei shen had defeated 4 wild gods, and empowered by titan soul

Gameplay aside, lorewise Lei-Shen would win.

Arthas has incredible powers, yes, but they aren't really the powers you would use in a 1v1 duel. He is able to create armies of the death and control them with his mind - which does little to nothing in a 1 on 1 fight, when he would probably need to trade blows with Lei Shen. He has great gear, yes, but it was never said that his armor could not be shattered in one way or another. The only hope would be that Frostmourne could actually affect Lei Shen, but Mogu are titanic constructs. They are most likely immune.

Lei Shen fought and won against both a titanic watcher and a demigod. His rise to power is all about defeating powerful foes by himself. On top of that, wielding power of God of Thunder is actually a skill that could be used in a duel, and would probably be helpful in shattering Arthases defense. Additionally, there is the size argument. Lei Shen towers above Arthas, who would probably struggle to overpower a foe around 10 times heavier than he is.

If it was about Lei Shen and Arthas being two warlords, who gathered armies and clashed one time, Arthas would probably won, because that's his thing. Duels are not his cup of tea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

Arthas has incredible powers, yes, but they aren't really the powers you would use in a 1v1 duel. He is able to create armies of the death and control them with his mind - which does little to nothing in a 1 on 1 fight, when he would probably need to trade blows with Lei Shen. He has great gear, yes, but it was never said that his armor could not be shattered in one way or another. The only hope would be that Frostmourne could actually affect Lei Shen, but Mogu are titanic constructs. They are most likely immune.

Lei Shen fought and won against both a titanic watcher and a demigod. His rise to power is all about defeating powerful foes by himself. On top of that, wielding power of God of Thunder is actually a skill that could be used in a duel, and would probably be helpful in shattering Arthases defense. Additionally, there is the size argument. Lei Shen towers above Arthas, who would probably struggle to overpower a foe around 10 times heavier than he is.

If it was about Lei Shen and Arthas being two warlords, who gathered armies and clashed one time, Arthas would probably won, because that's his thing. Duels are not his cup of tea.
    adding to your point
    that power that lei shen had is made to defeat an Old god

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    didn't you read chronicle
    Lei shen had defeated 4 wild gods, and empowered by titan soul
    and before becoming empowered defeated Ra-Den a titan keeper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

Let us also not ignore the fact that Lei Shen had an army of Mogu (some not totally affected by the curse of flesh) and he had the entire Zandalar army under his control at its height. Not a bad army at all.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Don't think he could have raised Mogu...or well it is a grey area for sure. Depending on curse of flesh etc. Mogu were at the time kind of golemish maybe. It gets weird with the Titan Constructs.
    That's true. I forgot about it. Don't remember if the curse of flesh altered them at all, but ye ^^ Someone enlighten us.