Deleted
    [QUOTE=masilya111;40495153]Remember the old orc riding on a wolf ?

He's actually not Drek'thar, just a random orc

About that is Drek'thar and Geyah shown anything in the movie? The had quite a large part of the prequel novel

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He was much older than Arthas, who is about Varian's age.

But he's a Lordaeronian, so no, he shouldn't be there.
    I was talking about Arthas, not Uther. =P

So is there any reason for someone to be negative about this movie? Is there anything in the movie that you think could piss off critiques? Anything that could REALLY lower their scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    So is there any reason for someone to be negative about this movie? Is there anything in the movie that you think could piss off critiques? Anything that could REALLY lower their scores?
    I can think of a few: Flying mounts, vanilla servers, LFR, CRZ...

Was it a "notcraft" movie?

Was Lothar character well written? Is his relationship with his son touching?
    Also, was the movie emotional? Like, something that can make you cry?

[QUOTE=Uthar;40495308]
    Quote Originally Posted by masilya111 View Post
    Remember the old orc riding on a wolf ?

He's actually not Drek'thar, just a random orc

About that is Drek'thar and Geyah shown anything in the movie? The had quite a large part of the prequel novel
    I did not read the novel yet but I'm hyped for it.
    Drek'thar, Ner'Zhul or Geyah are not even mentioned in the movie which is a bit disappointing (quite hard to put these guys in a 2 hours movie tho)But maybe we'll see them in the extended version but I doubt it. However, Garad is named by Durotan at some point. I guess you know in what scene it happes.

Deleted
    Any reference to the orc shamanism and the spirits of the elements?

I'm going full fanboy now expecting everything to be mentioned. The movie has murlocks ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Was Lothar character well written? Is his relationship with his son touching?
    Also, was the movie emotional? Like, something that can make you cry?
    Do you mind spoilers, Angus ?
    It's difficult too talk about how he is written without spoiling. I can say though that the character evolves in a interesting way I did not expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Any reference to the orc shamanism and the spirits of the elements?
    No unfortunately, maybe we'll hear more of that in sequels (Drek'thar and Thrall relationship). If they will develop Thrall as a character, they have to talk about shamanism at some point. But it's too soon to tell obviously.

The griffon flights scenes are great to see and the music behind is magic.

Did anyone in the cinema cry or gasp at certain things?

Do you mind spoilers, Angus ?
    It's difficult too talk about how he is written without spoiling. I can say though that the character evolves in a interesting way I did not expect.
    I don't want spoilers, just asking if the movie gets very emotional at times.
    About Lothar, that's already a satisfying answer for me, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I guess it depends if you're a fan or no.
    As a fan, I obviously wanted to see all the Warlords, Drek'thar and plenty of important (or will be important) orcs. The problem is it's a 2 hours movie. And that's why it's extremely well rythmed for a 2 hours movie. No fade to black scene for X seconds.
    As in Pacific Rim, there is a scene before the "WARCRAFT" logo. That scene is that of Draenor and it's very well rythmed.

You could say there is no ending as a negative thing but it could be a franchise and Warcraft isn't even over today unlike LOTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    I don't want spoilers, just asking if the movie gets very emotional at times.
    About Lothar, that's already a satisfying answer for me, thank you!
    I did not notice people cry but I heard gasps (not sure about the word).
    Yeah the movie gets very emotional and more often than non wow fans could expect.

Here, I'll write about the Lothar/Callan relationship so obvious spoilers (beware):
    As some of you know, Callan will die, killed by Blackhand in front of his father. It is pretty emotional but there was only 2 scenes with Lothar and Callan before this event (the one from the Forest and when Callan is lying on a bed because of injuries. This event shifted Lothar. After that, he wants Stormwind to attack will everything they've got. He wants vengeance for his son.
    Last edited by masilya111; 2016-05-24 at 08:56 PM.

I did not notice people cry but I heard gasps (not sure about the word).
    Yeah the movie gets very emotional and more often than non wow fans could expect.
    How would you rate it against other blockbusters from 2015-2016?

Your honest opinion, as a biased fan and all. Was there any other recent film that you liked more?

Deleted
    is it the movie of the year? :dd

Deleted
    Is there a varian, khadgar opening scene like in the book? or how does it start. Also is there a after credits scene?

10+ Year Old Account
    Masilya, I have the ultimate question.

Did Stormwind fall?

Nothing about shamanism and spirits of the elements. It's mainly about Fel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    That's great. I totally would dislike them rushing to the storylines of Warcraft III in the initial trilogy. The story of Warcraft II and it's expansion is plenty to make two more movies and complete a trilogy by Duncan Jones. If successful in doing so, this will be a well-established movie franchise by then, the whole team around making the movies will have the experience and know the process to do more with a new director attached, and everyone will know what the style of the movies are after 3 films have been completed. I am confident there are plenty of directors who could do justice to the Warcraft Cinematic Universe once Duncan Jones has set the tone with 3 solid films. Just take a guy like JJ Abrams. He tooks what Lucas did in the 70's and 80's and just did more of that with modern technology. And it was awesome. Actually it is more dangerous to keep the same director for too long, since the director might, like George Lucas, get bored of doing the same thing over and over and therefore want to change things up by changing the visual style and even fundamental aspects of the universe they have created like Lucas did with the prequels. I think doing Warcraft I + II as a trilogy and then handing the torch to a new guy for the Arthas stuff is very promising indeed.
    its more dangerous to change director.. silent hill 2, im just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Masilya, I have the ultimate question.

Did Stormwind fall?
    Stormwind did not fall. Do you want me to spoil you the last scenes ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    Is there a varian, khadgar opening scene like in the book? or how does it start. Also is there a after credits scene?
    I thought I was going to see this Varian opening scene but no. It begins directly with Draenor in Durotan's tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    How would you rate it against other blockbusters from 2015-2016?

Your honest opinion, as a biased fan and all. Was there any other recent film that you liked more?
    For me honestly, if we take the 4 super-heroes movie from this year (Deadpool, BvS, Civil War, X-men) :
    - It was better than BvS and X-men by a lot.
    - Better than Civil War for the most part (the airport scene can't be beat though).
    - And I liked Deadpool maybe a little bit more.