Poll: Mid-game hero swapping is...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first I didn't like it. But after playing with friends it allowed us to change our group make up to better adapt to our opponents'.

Deleted
    For pub/not serious-games purposes swapping is fine. For ranked.. I'm not so sure. Then again, there is no other choice.

I get it why it is allowed - OW doesn't have an option to change your hero's "build". That means every single tracer out there is the same. You can't just "spec" to be a shield destroyer or sacrifice your damage for even more mobility. You're stuck. So if your team setup doesn't work you have to change the hero you are playing.

That constant chase of rock-paper-scissors is fun at first but for me personally it got quite boring after a while (well not a while, I'm with OW since the first day of closed beta...).

If Blizz would turn off hero swapping - games would be decided on selection screen. In mobas, even if you get unlucky enemy setup, you can counter it with proper item build. With OW, you would be stuck with a loosing setup till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post

If Blizz would turn off hero swapping - games would be decided on selection screen. In mobas, even if you get unlucky enemy setup, you can counter it with proper item build. With OW, you would be stuck with a loosing setup till the end.
    Good point.

I like it, especially when your team has no healers and you gotta swap to Mercy to save the match

7+ Year Old Account
    in competitive play i think it would be so much better to have no hero swap, or at least in a ranked mode just to make it that much more hardcore.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheIV View Post
    in competitive play i think it would be so much better to have no hero swap, or at least in a ranked mode just to make it that much more hardcore.
    Well games would be boring as hell as you wont be able to counter enemy tactics. Great they decided for bastion, reinhardt and mercy and you don't have the counter, just stay at spawn til round is over ?

Picks are blind at start so you don't know what the enemy is bringing on their side.

It doesn't bode well for the game seeing this high of a negative view on such a core aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it good, it's part of the game, adjust to the moment and support the team.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Well games would be boring as hell as you wont be able to counter enemy tactics. Great they decided for bastion, reinhardt and mercy and you don't have the counter, just stay at spawn til round is over ?

Picks are blind at start so you don't know what the enemy is bringing on their side.
    Imo i think the can easily fix this by using a pick/ban phase similar 2 the one that is in league of legends or any MOBA currently available. you make a good point about the hero counter issue, i can see that being a huge issue and unfair in many cases.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

I like it. If you find the hero you pick is doing bad due to too many counter classes on enemy side, then rather than spend the game grumpy and unhelpful you can switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine. If anything needs a nerf it's respawn timers for defense. Every time you die, they should add a 5s penalty on respawn if you're on D.

I win 90% of my D matches and lose 90% of my O matches.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yep love it and to be honest if it wasn't there I would play OW a lot less.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It is better than I thought so I like it.
    My friends on the other hand get OCD and wont change...

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    I like it. I use it to counter annoying things I find in the start of the game if my character isn't advancing in the map.
    100% agree with this.

No I do not like it,
    I am willing to accept though that THIS game is not what I am used to with FPS type games so...I may be the issue...not the game...per say.
    This swapping thing makes it more like "chess" than a shooter and ..frankly that may not be for me.

I refuse to answer the poll as I can't honestly say it is good or bad.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this whole idea of "countering" in general. It should be much more dynamic - I would have preferred something that allows a person to get really good with one particular hero they enjoy playing rather than essentially being forced to pick a hero to counter the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really, that and they should limit it to 2 heroes per game (2 of the same heroes)

I think it's perfectly fine. If They made any changes, I'd be open to something like "Up to X amount Switches per player, per match" So dumb players can't just switch heroes every time they die lol

Ultimately, when I've been in a few solid matches with super close scores, I've noticed that not too many heroes were swapped. I also feel like once clans compete versus other clans, and also ranked play. You won't see tons of swapping.

Saw a guy say it's annoying to see people change heroes to adapt between objective & payload. But isn't that the entire idea behind STRATEGY?! Why keep an Assault heavy team that was designed to get out of spawn and get onto the payload and use that all the way through? It makes so much sense to than switch to a Reinhardt, Lucio, (girl who heals a lot, forget her name) and other Heroes who can come in and help move the cargo through the map.

Hero Swapping Is All Part of the Strategy Behind Matches.......ADAPT TO YOUR OBJECTIVE/ENVIRONMENT.

Deleted
    Because I only ever really play support, I find that I don't need to change much. After all, being the only support on your team means playing Mercy is almost always useful.

That said, I do switch between Lucio and Winston occasionally should there be no need of a Mercy (If somebody else is already playing her, I mean.) So, yes! I do like being able to switch mid-fight.

I don't like it. There needs to be something to control how often/how many times you can change up.