Poll: Mid-game hero swapping is...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah, if overwatch didn't let you swap hero, it would probably be a very bad game imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    I don't like it. There needs to be something to control how often/how many times you can change up.
    Why? If your comp is working you won't need to change up anyways, but if you limit the number of changes you're asking to get screwed over.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hero swapping is point of the game and its fine, but not so sure about the hero stacking... Cant say its that interesting if meta of the game goes to something like double winston, double lucio and double tracer for KoH maps for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    It's fine. If anything needs a nerf it's respawn timers for defense. Every time you die, they should add a 5s penalty on respawn if you're on D.

I win 90% of my D matches and lose 90% of my O matches.
    I find it the other way around. I feel like I lose more defense and win more offense, and it's because the offensive team just has to kill the defense once to essentially win the game. One good Ultimate can accomplish that.

No switches in competitive would be nice. People would have to build a strong all around comp and not design it to counter a specific team.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't their reasoning for having the entire roster open immediately BECAUSE hero swapping was a core mechanic?

In ranked play, they should introduce picking/banning phases.
    In quick games, no one gives a shit.

Switching characters FOR changed map ( caprturing point -> payload defense ) objective is good.
    Switching characters FOR "Rock-Paper-Scissors" mechanics of characters is bad.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

It's good! No more cookie cutter combo that everyone has to go

Deleted
    Yes, it's good that it exists, otherwise a team could take 6 D.Va and you couldn't do shit as you'd need certain characters to counter that.

I don't like it at all.

It comes off to me as Blizzard avoiding hero balancing.

It is good, not only good but great. It is very Team Fortress where you could switch any time you wanted if you felt another role would help you achieve your goal. If you want banning phases and hero picks then go play a moba and GTFO.

This game is not designed to lock in characters. If you pick your team and the other team is a complete hard counter to you then your team will lose and no one wants to be on the wrong end of a spiked dildo for 15-20 minutes everytime they flip a coin and come up tails.

Maybe you guys haven't played TF or TF2, you are just going to have to get over frequent character changes, hard counters and bans. It isn't going to happen, this is the game that it is and your shitposting on forums isn't going to change that this is a direct decendent of Team Fortress. Go play Battleborn if you want a fps moba/storymode with locked in characters and keep your peanut butter out of my damn chocolate.

It's not actually bad.
    Although in ranked matches one thing they could is to limit the number of swaps possible , like you can change your hero 3/5 times...something like that.

Deleted
    Player skill, strategy and teamwork will always beat x character defeats y character.

It needs to be there otherwise you could end up facing a comp that you couldn't possibly beat which would then turn into a problem I have noticed in Heroes of the storm where people will just give up 3 minutes in and then just sit in spawn for the rest of the game being a fucking useless piece of shit.

I mean, God damn people, you are basically saying, *valley girl voice* "I like Monopoly? I just wish it was on a huge rubber mat on the floor? With red, yellow, blue and green property squares? And a spinner instead of dice where it tells you to put feet and hands instead of houses and hotels? You know? Like Twister? Only with money?"

Oh, so you want Hooker Twister.... yeah why don't you go play that and leave my Monopoly game alone? I like Monopoly, if I didn't like monopoly I wouldn't of bought Monopoly.

I like it, its great. Its not different from when we play battlefront 2 and swap between normal troopers to snipers because the other team took a command post out in the open

But I will say this, fuck what other people want, if you want to play bastion, play him. I ignore ingame chat and I don't use the inbuilt voice system

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a part of the game, sometimes you really need to change and it can make the difference, not just for your team but the whole fun you're having. It's nice to play the character you want to play, but sometimes the way the fight pans out it just doesn't work for them. There are certainly enough characters for the different roles that there's probably one you enjoy.

its actually the best thing about this game.. other things however..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I like it, its great. Its not different from when we play battlefront 2 and swap between normal troopers to snipers because the other team took a command post out in the open

But I will say this, fuck what other people want, if you want to play bastion, play him. I ignore ingame chat and I don't use the inbuilt voice system
    Good job in playing a single player team game.
    The other 5 people in your party would be so happy to have you.