Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Total Warhammer sounds like the name given by someone who just suffered a brain aneurysm. Or an advertising executive trying to sound hip and cool with the kids.
    I prefer Warhammer Total War.

Not that it makes any difference. Cutting Warriors of Chaos from a Warhammer game is like Blizzard cutting Orcs from a Warcraft game. I won´t support such DLC practices.

Very impressed. Best Total War game since Shogun 2. Perhaps even better.
    Been waiting for a fantasy war game for a long time.

It's Total War: Warhammer because the world sorts things alphabetically, be it on a shelf or in a database. Also, because these are two IPs that don't want abbreviated names.

As for those playing, have you run into any technical issues? Steam appears to have blown up with negative reviews over poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    As for those playing, have you run into any technical issues? Steam appears to have blown up with negative reviews over poor performance.
    I see mostly positive reviews on Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Total War: Warhammer because the world sorts things alphabetically, be it on a shelf or in a database. Also, because these are two IPs that don't want abbreviated names.

As for those playing, have you run into any technical issues? .
    Apart from the lock screen in online mode nope, its been smooth as a baby's bottom.

Steam appears to have blown up with negative reviews over poor performance
    This isn't true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This isn't true at all.
    It is though. It just barely inched across from "mixed" to "mostly positive" the last few hours, with nearly all of the negative "reviews" (all of which are marked as supremely unhelpful) being whining about how the game is unplayable for them.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    It is though. It just barely inched across from "mixed" to "mostly positive" the last few hours, with nearly all of the negative "reviews" (all of which are marked as supremely unhelpful) being whining about how the game is unplayable for them.
    I've just looked again, nearly every one I see is positive with the odd one negative interspersed so I still don't think it's true.

2350 positive reviews, 920 negative, so roughly two thirds of reviews are currently positive.

But then again, these are day one reviews where it looks like most folks haven't put more than 10 hours into the game. So grains of salt all around. Giant, mountainous grains.

Looks like it has changed a bit from earlier when I looked at it, when it was closer to 50%; and most of these were either multiplayer or performance issues, thus my inquiry. They have released a hotfix to resolve some of the multiplayer stuff it seems, so that may have helped.

So, no one here with nVidia cards having issues, or any other technical issues?

Looks like it has changed a bit from earlier when I looked at it, when it was closer to 50%; and most of these were either multiplayer or performance issues, thus my inquiry. They have released a hotfix to resolve some of the multiplayer stuff it seems, so that may have helped.

My screen sometimes flickers when I open up the skill menu of heroes. That's with a 770 card, driver 368.22.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll want a solid processor and a good GPU + RAM for this game. Otherwise, you'll get artifact graphics, or excessive slow down when you are fielding large armies. Especially in multiplayer, should you so choose to do so, regardless of latency.

I run NVIDIA, started at High graphics, decided to go to Ultra and it's silky fluid. My system is 4 to 5 years old, my GFX card about 2 years old, a GTX 650 TI Boost. The only issue I have with the game, as well as other games, is the fact that my native TV resolution is not equal to my native PC resolution. Games tend to pick the wrong one, trying to fit resolution A in resolution B. In the case of TW:Warhammer, I fixed that by going to windowed mode and setting the resolution properly again.

The fact I can run it, proves that the 'huge system demands' as declared by many reviewers, are total BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my system is ancient and it runs at high without a hitch.

Deleted
    Only problem I had was the long black screen (which needed me to start it in offline mode just once) to get going. Playing on a GTX970 everything on Ultra. Just waiting for another Nvidia driver update and optimised settings. My friend who has an almost identical computer noticed some UI flickering on the world map.

The coop game is pretty good, the AI can be a bit of a pain though, they regularly flee from battle only to return when you try to siege their city. The amount of garrisoned units in some cities is huge and when coupled with reinforcing armies, can be very tough to crack. But with their propensity to flee from you, taking out those armies can be very frustrating, especially when they run around your army to take your smaller villages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find there's too many blob armies, in the old days you'd have a small army to start, now I have 2 large armies in no time.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-05-25 at 03:28 PM.

Awesome, sounds like just some minor things. I'll keep an eye on things and see how this weekend goes.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I just find there's to many blob armies, in the old days you'd have a small army to start, now I have 2 large armies in no time.
    ugh that was terrible in Rome 2. All the AI did was spam troops until they had 2 full stacks, even if they were a single city nation ><. Probably the single worst thing about the early game for me
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I just rage quit, 110 turns in, my entire army over 4500 troops including multiple terrogheists and level 15+ lords and I lost to 1000 chaos led by Archaon. Feel like i've wasted 2 days of playing. Total bullshit.

I had been smashing the game map up until that point, no contest battles everywhere, there is no indication that suddenly a near unbeatable army is going to turn up so early.

Game is definitely harder, i always played legendary in rome2 and attila having beaten both wester and easter roman on legendary, this game though as Greenskins (have only tried them so far) is really damn hard, made it like turn 70 then got rolled by 3 dwarf factions with multiple armies, seems they are much more agressive and using their heroes to assassinate and harass like crazy. Also abit harder since most battles is open field now so no chance to defend proberly with the greenskins, only hoping you can get into combat before they shot you down. And if they have a lord your garrison is fucked.

Also does not help that the greenskins have low leadership and routes fast if your face alot of missile and armored unites you will barely get a charge in before they start to waver, really need to use orc boar boys and other cavalry alot. Still love it though will start a new and go somewhere else on the map, went south to the savage orc place but the dwarf's wandered down there to and there was a rebel armie to.

This was on hard to not legendary yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I found as Vampire counts most people left me alone, no one really bothered me then the Chaos chap comes in around turn 105 or something and completely obliterates everything, but before that the original chaos army has already wiped out the north so there is no buffer at all. Very irritating, I'm trying to come up with a way to combat it, but if a ratio of >4:1 isn't going to do it I don't know what is.