Page 74 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At least the clones copy strike of the windlord now

When will they erase that useless Light on Your Feet, please god do something about that dead-weight artifact trait.

Also, give Strike of the Windlord something different than a useless snare; what if it gave 20% haste for 5-6 seconds instead after being cast?

SotW allready feels too strong of a spell to me, stacking up too much on it would be ridiculous. That's just compared to the rest of the kit. I like it where it is, prolly a bit lower on damage or not cleaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gale Burst does not seem to store damage from Xuen or Storm, Earth and Fire.

GG.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    SotW allready feels too strong of a spell to me, stacking up too much on it would be ridiculous. That's just compared to the rest of the kit. I like it where it is, prolly a bit lower on damage or not cleaving.
    Why the hell would I want an artifact ability that just does damage? It's supposed to create some interactivity with the spec and feel like a keystone spell.

Void Torrent stops insanity degeneration, Moon spells for Balance Druids cycle up to a large hit that cleaves and gives astral power for more subsequent spells. Doom Winds guarantees Windfury procs which in turn creates more Maelstrom for subsequent spells. Apocalypse spawns army of the dead minions per festering wound popped.

Strike of the Windlord is BORING. And it has a snare component that is virtually worthless in PvE, as mobs don't run away from you in PvE and for that we already have disable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Why the hell would I want an artifact ability that just does damage? It's supposed to create some interactivity with the spec and feel like a keystone spell.

Void Torrent stops insanity degeneration, Moon spells for Balance Druids cycle up to a large hit that cleaves and gives astral power for more subsequent spells. Doom Winds guarantees Windfury procs which in turn creates more Maelstrom for subsequent spells. Apocalypse spawns army of the dead minions per festering wound popped.

Strike of the Windlord is BORING. And it has a snare component that is virtually worthless in PvE, as mobs don't run away from you in PvE and for that we already have disable.
    It already does something, It's a different spell that does damage and lets you keep your mastery going with less hits of BoK. The only real difference between our spell and theirs is that ours is instant gratification and theirs comes after the fact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    It already does something, It's a different spell that does damage and lets you keep your mastery going with less hits of BoK. The only real difference between our spell and theirs is that ours is instant gratification and theirs comes after the fact
    Yeah, the spell is as interactive as using Blackout Kick.

I mean, sure you cherry picked some examples, but conversely, Frost DK ability does damage (either the fake passive one or Sindragosa), Havok DK's artifact ability does AoE damage, feral ability does damage, Ret's does damage and slows just like ours, Rogue assass just does damage as does fury war. And this isn't even mentioning ones that have a tiny extra thing in them that basically means they just do damage alone, like arms war, subtlety rogue or marks hunter. More specs have artifact abilities that are simply a nice big damage ability on a medium cooldown than have interesting mechanics attached to them, and I am not sure there needs to be some crazy weird synergy built into your spec that works with the artifact. To me, Strike of the Windlord is nice because it works well with FoF to give a solid AoE burst window, that's enough for me.

And as much as Blizz has been pretending PvP doesn't exist in Legion, that ranged slow with solid damage is really solid for PvP, so I like it for that reason as well. The slow definitely does nothing in PvE though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post

Wish you good luck with getting beta hope you get it, I just want to see some good WW's doing some dungeon or anything while knowing their class. Do you stream regurarly already btw? If yes when?

- - - Updated - - -
    I mean I'm not Baby but I'm 13/13M and will not be terrible sometimes and will be streaming this weekend. Link is in my sig and for all of you who are wondering the earth still refuses to cast Fist of Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    I mean, sure you cherry picked some examples, but conversely, Frost DK ability does damage (either the fake passive one or Sindragosa), Havok DK's artifact ability does AoE damage, feral ability does damage, Ret's does damage and slows just like ours, Rogue assass just does damage as does fury war. And this isn't even mentioning ones that have a tiny extra thing in them that basically means they just do damage alone, like arms war, subtlety rogue or marks hunter. More specs have artifact abilities that are simply a nice big damage ability on a medium cooldown than have interesting mechanics attached to them, and I am not sure there needs to be some crazy weird synergy built into your spec that works with the artifact. To me, Strike of the Windlord is nice because it works well with FoF to give a solid AoE burst window, that's enough for me.

And as much as Blizz has been pretending PvP doesn't exist in Legion, that ranged slow with solid damage is really solid for PvP, so I like it for that reason as well. The slow definitely does nothing in PvE though.
    You should see the beta feedback on frost DK and feral at least, those artifacts are NOT liked at all. And I can understand.

Another aspect of why SotW irks me is because we're not like the other classes who got revamped talents and new features. All we got is SEF changed and the annoyance of SCK tab targeting. That's it.

So while a rogue or Havok didn't get one interesting ability, they've got interesting changes (and Havok is a new spec that basically takes WW's mobility and makes it better, along with immunity to fall damage from gliding).

Windwalkers got massively overpruned relative to other classes, on the scale of pruning that poor warlocks also got where both got iconic tools taken away and their talent trees were pretty much unchanged, so we just ended up with the same class with less tools.

You should see the beta feedback on frost DK and feral at least, those artifacts are NOT liked at all. And I can understand.

Another aspect of why SotW irks me is because we're not like the other classes who got revamped talents and new features. All we got is SEF changed and the annoyance of SCK tab targeting. That's it.

So while a rogue or Havok didn't get one interesting ability, they've got interesting changes (and Havok is a new spec that basically takes WW's mobility and makes it better, along with immunity to fall damage from gliding).

Windwalkers got massively overpruned relative to other classes, on the scale of pruning that poor warlocks also got where both got iconic tools taken away and their talent trees were pretty much unchanged, so we just ended up with the same class with less tools.
    comparing DH with their
    10sec charges
    talented 100% speed increase Netherwalk(1.5min cd and they can't fight)
    5 min leap

to WW with
    roll 20sec cd (15 with celerity and 3 charges or even faster chi torpedo with stacking 30% movement speed after roll)
    FSK 25 sec cd
    Transcendence with a 25 sec cd on use
    and Tiger's Lust with a 70% speed increase

is just being silly, I mean really, oh no they can glide/immune to fall damage, that means nothing when all class can get gliders too and multiple classes can avoid fall damage too.

- - - Updated - - -

also does anyone know if those 90s passives we had went away? I saw transcendence was altered to match it but wasn't sure about the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    comparing DH with their
    10sec charges
    talented 100% speed increase Netherwalk(1.5min cd and they can't fight)
    5 min leap

to WW with
    roll 20sec cd (15 with celerity and 3 charges or even faster chi torpedo with stacking 30% movement speed after roll)
    FSK 25 sec cd
    Transcendence with a 25 sec cd on use
    and Tiger's Lust with a 70% speed increase

is just being silly, I mean really, oh no they can glide/immune to fall damage, that means nothing when all class can get gliders too and multiple classes can avoid fall damage too.

- - - Updated - - -

also does anyone know if those 90s passives we had went away? I saw transcendence was altered to match it but wasn't sure about the rest
    You forgot the baseline movement speed increase from their mastery, Fel Blade, and Vengeful Retreat used like Disengage leaps by hunters.

WW got burst movement on longer cooldowns. A feral/DH will outrun you once those are burned down. Try a race to trigger the Auchindoun beginning scene and which class gets there first, or you can even try flag running in bg's.

Celerity, Chi Torpedo and Tiger's Lust are competing talents, you can't have any but one.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-05-22 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    There are plenty of options around this if you really want, like http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/stay-sheathed
    I honestly may get an addon for it because why not, might as well see my weapons
    Well my point wasn't if they are sheathed or not, but that fist transmogs to me are horrid looking. I like the sword look, nice clean katana type swords, ( Runed sword of the tiger ) is what I use. So other than fist of deity transmog I haven't seen one that I like for fists and I'm tired of this one... That is why I was talking about having naked fists as that is better than the horrid fist looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    Well my point wasn't if they are sheathed or not, but that fist transmogs to me are horrid looking. I like the sword look, nice clean katana type swords, ( Runed sword of the tiger ) is what I use. So other than fist of deity transmog I haven't seen one that I like for fists and I'm tired of this one... That is why I was talking about having naked fists as that is better than the horrid fist looks.
    I just use the Amun-Thoth fists from Throne of Thunder. They're not huge so they don't clip like hell, and they've actually got better effects thany of our artifact models...which look like dungeon blues.

I'm having fun on the pvp beta realm. My only complaints are the lack of damage and heal spell taking forever to bring up the health bar.

In regards to damage, I can land a RSK, FoF, and floating dragon punch of lameness (with a rushing jade wind going the entire time) on someone and hardly dent their health pool. Meanwhile a fire mage just takes a 3rd of someones health per spell and heals half their life every time they blink (15 second cd).

I assume (hope) they will do a tuning patch in the near future. I was having fun even though my main value in a bg was peeling for someone who could do actual legit damage.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm having fun on the pvp beta realm. My only complaints are the lack of damage and heal spell taking forever to bring up the health bar.

In regards to damage, I can land a RSK, FoF, and floating dragon punch of lameness (with a rushing jade wind going the entire time) on someone and hardly dent their health pool. Meanwhile a fire mage just takes a 3rd of someones health per spell and heals half their life every time they blink (15 second cd).

I assume (hope) they will do a tuning patch in the near future. I was having fun even though my main value in a bg was peeling for someone who could do actual legit damage.
    This is worrisome. I've been a monk since day 1 and can't take yet another expansion where we suck in PvP. Having to do double the work of other classes just to do the same output is frustrating. Which PvP talents were you using the most?

I can guarantee you that Afterlife is the reason Effuse hits like a noodle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Gale Burst does not seem to store damage from Xuen or Storm, Earth and Fire.

GG.
    I'll have to do some more testing but it looks like Gale Burst IS benefiting somehow with SEF. Just I got kicked off and cannot log back in. My ToD was hitting for 1,540,345 damage with SEF up, when I have a base health of 1,460,520 HP. Meaning Gale Burst hit for 79,825 Damage. Meaning I supposedly did a total of 798,250 damage in that 8 second period. So, either 1 of 2 things is happening

a) They are benefiting SEF input (and possibly Xuen)
    b) They are not benefiting from SEF clones, but the damage contribution of Gale Burst is increased from 10% to some X%, while SEF is up.
    c) I actually did 798,250 damage and made a mistake.

Either way, what I'll probably do is:

a) Try with just SEF attacking while ToD is on.
    b) Try with just SEF & Xuen attacking while ToD is on.
    c) Just use FoF while SEF are jumping around.

If c) is the answer then I can evaluate the damage increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok did some testing and the first test actually gave me the answer I needed

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cWh3vfRqAD4Md6H2/#type=damage-done&source=2&fight=1&start=1980&end=12105&target=6&view=events

I separated everything into a small spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daCP6UinZNnsda23a0qorz2R0tFupM99iOKjugcARb8/edit?usp=sharing

Basically the answer is B) where Gale Burst is only affected by the player. However the damage contribution is increased from 10% to 30% while SEF is active.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-05-24 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's reassuring. I only tested A and B. Should've given them a touch more credit, I s'pose. Thanks for checking it out!
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeah, the spell is as interactive as using Blackout Kick.
    Yeah it's exactly the same as all the others, you hit a button and it does something then you continue on in your priority. None of them really change the game, we aren't any worse off than the other specs. Find something real to complain about.