Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    First swedish review, 4/5 link below. Gonna translate the important parts soon.
    https://www.moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews
    I've had a look with google translate. He says he's a fan, but he believes the movie works for the general audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by masilya111 View Post
    For me, the "Main Theme" feels Warcraft. It actually mainly feels orcish. In the opening scene, the music is pretty beefy, you'll hear the Orc "chants". I still prefer WoD Soundtrack but it was pretty good anyway. The movie itself was pretty manly and very violent at moments.
    Nice that there'll be vocal parts. Choirs really are a hallmark of Warcraft music (I get that it's not a choir of orcs, but you also get my point).
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-05-24 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yes, Medivh dies in front of Khadgar. He is crushed by the golem (or the roof, I forgot). No funeral scene in the movie for Medivh.
    How he's portrayed in the movie? It's a sort fo tragic character, his inner struggles are explored in some way? How his death is felt by Lothar and Khadgar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't trust that as well. Labeling the whole human cast as "boring" is a flawed conclusion, tied to the point I made some time ago (the orcs look inherently more interesting). There's people who either praised Lothar, Garona and even Khadgar, let alone Medivh. The one everyone seems to agree in regards of his bland/average performance is Dominic Cooper with his own King Llane character. But again, regardless of Cooper's acting skills, Llane was never the most interesting of characters, he always fell short compared to all the others.
    Yeah, it's a bit all over the place. Most seemed to like Medivh and Kadghar. Lothar will probably be liked by those who haven't seen Vikings. Garona may be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Nice that there'll be vocal parts. Choirs really are a hallmark of Warcraft music.
    I completely agree but from what I recall, it's pretty rare because that theme is also present in Human Action so no choirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The final scene is about Llane Funerals (which is a pretty short scene unfortunately) and from what I understood, Lothar becomes King, the Stormwind crowd shouts "Lothar ! Lothar !" and For Azeroth ! For the Alliance. Aaand that's pretty much it. Then there is the WARCRAFT logo and baby Thrall getting picked up by Blackmoore. No Lothar sailing to the Lordaeron and so on. It's a pretty rushed ending imo and that's why we need sequels.
    You prbly mean Regent Lord, since Varian is still to young to be king yet.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    That momment when you wish you'd know more than one lenguage so google translate doesn't screw up words lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    First swedish review, 4/5 link below. Gonna translate the important parts soon.
    https://www.moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews
    So first of the rewvier have played warcraft before. He says he can really notice that Duncan is a really big fan of the franchise. The orcs are amazing and without a doubt the best cgi/animated creatures in a film yet. You can really feel all the emotion in them and the trailers don't do them justice.

The story he thought could be a bit hard to follow for someone who is not famailir with warcraft before since there is so many diffrent names and such. Also the speed in the movie is to fast at a few scenes and could be a bit longer.

Overall it's a really good movie (especially the visuals) and he looks forward to potential sequals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    You prbly mean Regent Lord, since Varian is still to young to be king yet.

Yep that's probably it. He was not named King in the ending.

Starting to get a little mad/worried at these average reviews, and question them making a movie "for everyone". If you cheese the story so that the average John gets it, then I guess this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Starting to get a little mad/worried at these average reviews, and question them making a movie "for everyone". If you cheese the story so that the average John gets it, then I guess this happens.
    I'll take a few thousand 6.5-8s before a dozen 10s. Thank you very much.

Deleted
    Masyila, I asked this before, but are there any scenes that looks to have been improved from the trailers?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the critics embargo has been lifted, seeing a lot of reviews on Twitter. Variety posted there review.
    Last edited by vicky82; 2016-05-24 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    btw here's a review that gave it 2/5

https://oblikon.net/critiques/warcra...ard-au-cinema/
    the film was released 10 years too late.
    Sounds like a blizzard butthurt fan to me...

Everyone should take a moment to appreciate how even the harshest critics are praising the CGI.

Syfy quality effects, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't take this seriously:

...especially when the warlike Orc characters, who boast some of the least expressive character design since the aliens in “John Carter,” stand next to the film’s human beings.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-24 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Sounds like a blizzard butthurt fan to me...
    Eh, that "the movie has come 10 years late" is the typical trendmark of one. I always cringe when people say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

From the Variety review : " The “Warcraft” games — which have radically declined in popularity from a high of 12 million regular users in 2010 to a recent low of close to 5 million (so low the company behind it no longer releases subscriber counts to the public) "

Oh god...it's one of those people.