Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since you are Muslim my guess is you are referring to people looking down on Middle Eastern folk.

I spent a lot of time in Iraq (and a bit in Kuwait) and I can honestly say I met some cool ass people there.

Our interpreter was a badass Iraqi from the Mosul area.

That being said I think people who have never lived in such a part of the world just need to look at the shenanigans going on in Europe with all these refugees rioting and attempting (successfully in some cases) to change the society in said areas.

It doesn't look good on Muslims in general when you have people doing this. Especially since it's on such a wide scale.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Sounds pretty butthurt to me when you had commented on my avatar pic, friend
    When did he comment ony your avatar pic? The only one I saw commenting on that are you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Which of these would you say the U.S. suffers from?
    - Have a theocracy.
    - Restrict the rights of women.
    - Violate human rights in general.
    - Are run by a dictator or the military.
    - Eat dogs or cats.
    - Can't provide basic necessities for your citizens.
    - Pay workers little to nothing.
    - Have poor social mobility
    Well, I'd be careful with the human rights, just calling someone a terrorist gets rid of them.
    We do not know about the cats and dogs, there is always someone who eat them if the population is big enough.

The last three really can be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    When did he comment ony your avatar pic? The only one I saw commenting on that are you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'd be careful with the human rights, just calling someone a terrorist gets rid of them.
    We do not know about the cats and dogs, there is always someone who eat them if the population is big enough.

The last three really can be a problem.
    Scroll back a bit you will find it eventually.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

you could have been more honest and said why do westerners look down on countries that still whip old women for getting bread from men not her relatives, jailing apostates and gays, mutilate girls, have child soldiers, kill albinos for their magic organs and various other backwards nonsense that happens in some countries. We dont have an issue with non western countries, we have an issue with barbarism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Muslims are the champions in Slaves' commerce of Black africans for 1300 years, but still Black slavery is White's fault only, Right ?

Muslims are still doing slavery via Mauritania and Sudan nowadays. Can't we count Slavics' slavery in ?

Why is it normal to kill someone who have been raped ?

Do you circumsize and pratice excision of your peupel because the Creation is insane, and so is the Creator.

Why do all the Muslims countries from Atlantic North africa to The Pakistan Are Fucking DESERT... Is it so fucking good to Ruin, Burn and destroy the Creation, The Manifestation of the Creator ?

There is only One messenger: The Creator AND there is only One Message: The Creation.

Keep your heretic, necromancy book and your temple of pyromancy for Yourself, you deception, son of the devil.
    dafuq.....

btw, im pretty sure the desert was there long before islam.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Little Psycho View Post
    The few westerners that don't are not representative.
    And that is exactly how you are being racist.

The few westerners that look down on others are not representative of us as a whole.

You say that you are a Muslim, that's like people saying that Radical Muslim Terrorists represent the majority of your religion. Do people say that? Yes, absolutely. Are those people being bigots? Yes, absolutely. Do the majority of "westerners" believe that? Absolutely not.

If you only look for the bad in people, you will only find the bad in people. Open yourself up to seeing a people as a whole, instead of selecting the worst and basing your views of everyone on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Americans don't really look down on any of the Asian countries with the exception of Kim Jong Un, because he's an asshat who has made empty threats towards America in the past. We don't look down on Russia, I think we have more of a rivalry with Russia.

As for the Middle East, it's mainly because of 9/11. To my knowledge it's the first time foreign hostiles have ever actually attacked and killed US citizens on our own soil. There was Pearl Harbor of course but that was a military base. It was also recent so a lot of people remember it. Grouping people together and hating them is stupid and I hate how humans always continue the cycle of hatred, but at the very least you should be able to understand why some people hate you. Of course it is foolish to believe that Americans are blameless. The terrorists didn't just decide to hijack a plane and ram them into a random country.

As for most of Africa, the media portrays it as very poor and corrupt, so I'd say westerners pity them. Another issue is the language barrier. The eastern countries all speak different languages from America which makes it hard for people from that part of the world to tell their story when the media paints the East as full of communists or terrorists who hate America.

Every single tribe looks down upon all others, religions look down upon others, ideas look down upon others.

Its human nature, but implying that only westerners do it, is looking down upon westerners (and racist at it).
    The difference is that western culture has been dominant in the world due to how much power it gathered, technological and social development, and tons and tons of propaganda passive and active, that its culture spread far and wide, so you notice their "looking down on others" more. But its hardly the only ones, or the biggest ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    dafuq.....

btw, im pretty sure the desert was there long before islam.
    The lack of a proper diet has affected his mind, if you dig through the pseudo-alchemic ramblings you do however notice that he is not wrong.
    Muslim kingdoms did use slavery in a way that would make european slavers blush, it also happened quite a lot in Asia, the very word slave comes from "slav".

Whites/westerners are just a drop in the ocean, but in the euro-centric narrative of the world they are ofc, in the focus and thus judged harshly.

Slavery still exists today, its very much alive in Africa and Asia, to an extent pseudo-slavery exists in modern countries as well, with debt and threats.
    If we toss blame around we notice the west was hardly the biggest one to do it, not that it justifies or makes it any better what they did, it was indeed disgusting. Without the slavery, colonialism isnt necessarily a bad thing, a lot of Europe developed because Rome put it to the sword and forced it upon them, later with the renaissance to return to the ideals of Greece and Rome, sometimes societies do benefit from a strong more developed foreign power developing it, by force or otherwise.

Last edited by Kurioxan; 2016-05-23 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Which of these would you say the U.S. suffers from?
    Not providing for all citizens (lack of basic necessities)? Finding a loophole so you can torture people? Pay workers little to nothing (in comparison to the cost of living standards in the US... there are a ton of stories about single parents working 2 or 3 jobs to stay afloat).

It's minor with the US, I agree. But every country has problems.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because if you're not a "westerner" you're a filthy savage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Poland has slavery?

They don't. You are describing bigots and ignorance. This is not the 1920s.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

For the same reason other cultures look down on people not of their culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Poland has slavery?
    Things like sex trafficking, to some extent, exist everywhere, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    How would that work?
    A "supreme" being would be necessarily unique, and might thing itself a "god", thus -> "monotheism".
    Not necessarily. In Freemasonry requires a belief in a "supreeme being" or creator God. Some religions have a creator deity that can be seen as the supreme deity of that pantheon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    a supreme being does not support monotheism

a supreme being = not monotheism

My solution was "" the anthropocentrism deification "" and you failed to understand.

Dude, if you don't understand what this initiation is about, don't even try to answer, Basic one.... We are not on the same Level.

I don't know anything about Dan Brown, it looks like piece of shit btw.
    I dont know what the hell you just said little kid, but it touched me, right here in the feels.