Thread: [TV] Preacher

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Preacher

New tv show based on the comic and it was actually really good. Waited a long time for this and it didnt disappoint.. well not yet anyway.

I enjoyed the show much more than I thought.

Finally! My pal loves this comic and he is sooo excited about the real one!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decent start....time will tell if it holds up once the 'machine' starts grinding and we're listening to Chris Hardwick apologize for all of their bad decisions like they are the best decisions on Talking Preacher.
    BAD WOLF

I'm not 100% sold on it, yet. I'll keep watching, but I swear to god if there is no Saint of Killers beyond an image on a bottle I will riot.

I know nothing of the source material, so I thought this was decent.
    I think I'm going to start reading it though, Garth Ennis is the man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the cult classics keep being made into good shows, first the evil dead reboot now preacher upcoming twin peaks, good times ahead for fans of these type of shows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    we're listening to Chris Hardwick apologize for all of their bad decisions like they are the best decisions on Talking Preacher.
    Well... At least he'll have a somewhat decent show to make a Talking for, seeing as though Fear is such unbelievable donkey crap.

Deleted
    Looks promising liked the pilot episode, but i also thought that about lucifer and lost interest very fast but will give it a try for the next few episodes.

I was pretty impressed, and I look forward to seeing the show progress.

Gonna have to agree with everyone else, thanks for the thread otherwise I may of missed this one. Hopefully the quality stays high, gonna be my Ash vs evil dead replacement till the next season is out haha.

With Banshee ending, I'd thought about picking this up. I'll have to diddly-doo it when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I'm not 100% sold on it, yet. I'll keep watching, but I swear to god if there is no Saint of Killers beyond an image on a bottle I will riot.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I doubt they'd have that little easter egg and not have him appear.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Was pretty good The "open my heart" scene was funny. He's going to have to watch what he says.

So I take it the force was trying to find someone it could inhabit without them blowing up?

I doubt it'll suceed. I like the genre, but found the pilot hard to get into/understand the what's and why's, and catering too heavily to fans familiar with the concepts.

Without having read the comic I got the "Breaking bad" meets "Hellblazer" kind of vibe, is that a good description of the comic?

It sure was...funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Without having read the comic I got the "Breaking bad" meets "Hellblazer" kind of vibe, is that a good description of the comic?
    That is...probably not how I would describe the comic, no.

Looks like a mess to me. True Blood level of mess. The Tom Cruise part made me chuckle tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Looks like a mess to me. True Blood level of mess.
    The multiple time Emmy nominated (and winning), as well as a million other award nominated and winning show True Blood? Well, hell... If Preacher is as good as True Blood, and continues for as long as it did (7 seasons), and if that's your idea of "a mess", then damn. Bring that mess on, please.

And yes, I do concede that True Blood was a bit slow, and a bit all over the place at times, and of course you had to understand to watch it tongue in cheek because it was a tongue in cheek show, and yes, I admit it tapered off towards the end and they ended things in a bit of a dumbass way... But still.

I'd take a True Blood -level show over so many others any day of the week.

True Blood was in the so bad/ridiculous it was good category.