Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol at the people who think 2 BGs is forced PvP. Random battlegrounds are the LFR of PvP, they last for ~10 minutes each. Was getting forced to do LFR for the legendary ring forcing us to raid?

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Really? MoP Legendary cloack quest line wasn't "forced into PVP"?
    Remind me again how entering 2 Bgs and jumping around and getting killed over and over just to not get kicked out via afk system is "PvP"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The 1h Spell Power mace in TBC was the BiS weapon for a Protection Paladin until WELL into Black Temple...

But Prot was odd back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Cri moar you had to que up and afk for ten minutes to do a BG, you people act like they made you do a week of AV nonstop day and night and if you didn't help the team was doomed. Get over it.
    Not crying. Merely pointing out a flaw in his statement. If it wasn't obvious from my avatar I'm a pvp player so I couldn't care less
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Ok so now we have a proof you are part of this minority that doesn't do any pvp. But it was just "win and gg" while farm valors was time gated content. Time gated content is the worst shit ever while "do the thing you dislike just once" is not that bad.

All in my opinion, i see you can be jaded vs pvp because you proved you are not taking part in that piece of content in the game.
    What if I told you that alone in my guild are many that never PVPd? And just from that I can assume this minority might not be that small.
    Just because you like PVP or at least don't mind to play in a competitive setting doesn't mean others do, too. It was a PVE questline and PVP had nothing to do in that, quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    There were a few unique circumstances over the years where there was a piece of PvP gear that was BiS for certain specs, but by and large it's never been much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Demos89 View Post
    Pretty sure Mythic quality gear will be equal to at least 2k rating pvp gear. Atm they even claim gladiator will be equal to mythic but that would be silly. PvE max gear won't be higher than max gear in pvp anymore. So you either have 1750 rating pvp gear or heroic gear. 1500 rating equal to normal gear is my guess.
    That's not how it will work. The only gear available in Legion is PVE gear. As in, you do a BG, you win, you get a piece of PVE gear as a reward. You raid, you get a piece of pve gear as a reward. When it comes to your stats, it's a premade template that prevents you from being imbalanced against other classes due to things like gear disparity or exploited game design (1 shot macro, over-tuned abilities, ect).

Blizzard is once again self contradictory with their philosophy and reasoning here. After going through all the trouble of getting classes within a fraction of a percent of each other output-wise, they are going to let your pve ilvl increase your power in pvp. It's a flat 1% for every 10 ilvls you are higher than 800, with no cap (it seems). This means a Mythic raider is going to be ilvl ~935 by the first tier, with a ~35% increase in power over a brand new player.

They say one thing and do the opposite, it's tiring. Too bad there isn't a better pvp game out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    There were a few unique circumstances over the years where there was a piece of PvP gear that was BiS for certain specs, but by and large it's never been much of an issue.
    There's also been a couple instances where weapons were available for honor right away and that was the best way for a guild to be prepared the first week. That, and there have been several pieces of pve gear through history that have been BiS (required) for players to compete in PVP. I remember running ICC for Whispering Fanged Skull and Byrntroll on my Warrior so I could keep up with all the other warriors who had them. It wasn't fun back then and I honestly thought we were past that. I guess not...

Deleted
    The cutoff for Mythic equivalent gear will probably be pretty high.... 2.2k is around duelist rating (top 3.5%)

This got linked on reddit a few weeks ago and might be pretty near to what new gear cutoffs might be in legion:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...a6Y/edit#gid=0 (I did not create this)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...r_acquisition/

Nobody will get "forced" into PvP as most players who only PvE are having a really hard time reaching only 2k - at that point it's just not worth the time and probably better to farm mythic+ dungeons.
    Also why shouldn't Gladiator level players get better gear? Last season ~1000 players got glad on eu .... there are way more bad pveers getting carried by their raid who are less deserving of high ilvl mythic loot imo.

Edit: would be nice to know % of people who killed archimonde mythic but in my opinion mythic cutoff will be around 2.3 and 2.5 (between duelist and glad)
    Last edited by mmoc0791345a13; 2016-05-24 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Not crying. Merely pointing out a flaw in his statement. If it wasn't obvious from my avatar I'm a pvp player so I couldn't care less
    Still what they act like
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Deleted
    You get gear from PVE, you get gear from PVP, they aren't going to be any better than eachother due to the new PVP stat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    You get gear from PVE, you get gear from PVP, they aren't going to be any better than eachother due to the new PVP stat system.
    Not quite true. The items you get from pvp will have a chance to have an increased ilvl based on your rating, but will not come close to what you can get from raiding. Raiders will have an advantage, unless you're able to get high ratings (this is like Arena in TBC, no hope for competition).

Quote Originally Posted by Aprex View Post
    Guys season take as much time as raids to open up in the begging of a patch or expansion. So you cant get any rating gear from pvp before raids are open.
    But for most players they can still get rating during their progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furosam View Post
    The cutoff for Mythic equivalent gear will probably be pretty high.... 2.2k is around duelist rating (top 3.5%)

This got linked on reddit a few weeks ago and might be pretty near to what new gear cutoffs might be in legion:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...a6Y/edit#gid=0 (I did not create this)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...r_acquisition/

Nobody will get "forced" into PvP as most players who only PvE are having a really hard time reaching only 2k - at that point it's just not worth the time and probably better to farm mythic+ dungeons.
    Also why shouldn't Gladiator level players get better gear? Last season ~1000 players got glad on eu .... there are way more bad pveers getting carried by their raid who are less deserving of high ilvl mythic loot imo.

Edit: would be nice to know % of people who killed archimonde mythic but in my opinion mythic cutoff will be around 2.3 and 2.5 (between duelist and glad)

/2 wts 2200 arena rating Come get your gear you pve nerds

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    Blizzard struggle 24/7 with PVE items in PVP but it's obvious that WOW is PVE game and PVP is just small activity like pet battles etc which means nothing. And it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE. According to bluepost you can faceroll 2-3 heroicraid-quality items every week in PVP and even mythic-quality if you take this activity seriously...
    "I don't want people who play the game a different way to me to get nice things! rawr!"

One day when you grow up you'll realise that the world doesn't revolve around you and what you want. There are a lot of people who like pve, there are a lot of people who like pvp, and a lot of people who like both. No one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to, you can still get your gear just fine from pve. Get over yourself.

Deleted
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    How did you get your MoP legendary then?

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Since he hasn't had to deal with those types of things in his mind they don't exist or don't matter. It is sound logic for a child that is just discovering thing, a bit scary for an adult.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How did you get your MoP legendary then?
    Let's see if you can find out on your own.

I did not read all 7 pages, but there seems to be some confusion from the first page of replies.

Yes, no one is FORCING us to do anything ( us being raiders who care about our performance, in this case)

The question really is, will a mythic raider, who also does high level pvp, be 10% or more ( my arbitrary number, for the example) more effective while raiding, then his mates are, with just pve gear?

Thats the problem. If someone is topping meters by 10+ percent, great, i'm happy they are there helping us.

It then creates an enviroment where the rest of the raiders have to at least try to get into high ranking pvp, no matter how much they despise it.

PvP tends to bring out the worst in people, LoL being a prime example, anything competitive really. I want no part of it.

There's no reason to remove currency based gearing. Relegating ALL gear progression to RNG is just such a terrible move.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Let's see if you can find out on your own.
    #youwhereforcedtopvp

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    #youwhereforcedtopvp
    Only clowns and losers use that hashtag shtick, and your opinion proves it.