Many classes are getting the silent treatment. Responses are definitely the exception, not the norm. That said it would sure be nice for Ret to be the exception for once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    Many classes are getting the silent treatment. Responses are definitely the exception, not the norm. That said it would sure be nice for Ret to be the exception for once.
    We had a week where we got lots of responses. I instantly regretted saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    We had a week where we got lots of responses. I instantly regretted saying anything.
    I still stand by my statement that was very unprofessional of them.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    I still stand by my statement that was very unprofessional of them.
    You talking about Kalgan's response towards Equality?

If so, it was definitely unprofessional. He didn't try to work with us or meet us half way, he full blown said "nope, it's fun and it doesn't need to be a good talent for you to take it, it's a fun talent if you don't like it don't take it". That wasn't professional, at least in my opinion.

If you're talking about the other responses I'm not sure about unprofessional but they definitely didn't help in any way. None of the responses tried to meet us half way, Kalgans was just more ignorant than the others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

If so, it was definitely unprofessional. He didn't try to work with us or meet us half way, he full blown said "nope, it's fun and it doesn't need to be a good talent for you to take it, it's a fun talent if you don't like it don't take it". That wasn't professional, at least in my opinion.
    I think I'm with Thete in that a lot of this may just be down to the devs answering, not the PR guys. I know I wouldn't find it hard to rewrite his responses to be much more diplomatic and all that... but Kalgan's hired to make games, not answer forum posts politely.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    I think I'm with Thete in that a lot of this may just be down to the devs answering, not the PR guys. I know I wouldn't find it hard to rewrite his responses to be much more diplomatic and all that... but Kalgan's hired to make games, not answer forum posts politely.
    Not asking for politeness. I meant that they could've met us halfway with equality. Could've asked why we think it's bad or why it should be removed and what should be in it's place,etc. At least have a decent discussion about it rather than flat out denying the feedback. They're the ones that asked for more feedback this time around. Anything would've been better than "nope, it's fun and you're gonna like it".

- - - Updated - - -

If you're talking about the other responses I'm not sure about unprofessional but they definitely didn't help in any way. None of the responses tried to meet us half way, Kalgans was just more ignorant than the others.
    Its was 2 things
    The Equality post: which challenged me for a while to make Equality viable under their design for it.
    When @Thete asked something about Greater Blessings and they were very rude to him.

Deleted
    Its was 2 things
    The Equality post: which challenged me for a while to make Equality viable under their design for it.
    When @Thete asked something about Greater Blessings and they were very rude to him.
    I don't personally mind the manner of the response - I know they have no manners and it's not their job to. It's that despite pretty much universal agreement on a couple of points, they still refused to budge on those points. So they're basically saying that our testing and feedback is worthless if it isn't just stroking their ego and telling them how great all their ideas are.

10+ Year Old Account
    He could of at least attempted(Or whatever the PR guy said) to explain his reasoning behind it if he's so staunch about Equality. I dunno, maybe it's just me but if I was Kalgan I'd explain myself as best as I could while trying to be nice. That's kinda my principle when it comes to game design. I try to be nice 99.9% of the time. It's not easy NOT being snarky at someone who is being stubborn or just ignoring the problems in front of you.

I don't personally mind the manner of the response - I know they have no manners and it's not their job to. It's that despite pretty much universal agreement on a couple of points, they still refused to budge on those points. So they're basically saying that our testing and feedback is worthless if it isn't just stroking their ego and telling them how great all their ideas are

Arms Warriors got a similar feeling "We are happy with how Arms/Fury is performing." Not the whole statement but it is basically what Celestalon told Warriors a few weeks back. Oh man that made me mad when he said that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not asking for politeness. I meant that they could've met us halfway with equality. Could've asked why we think it's bad or why it should be removed and what should be in it's place,etc. At least have a decent discussion about it rather than flat out denying the feedback. They're the ones that asked for more feedback this time around. Anything would've been better than "nope, it's fun and you're gonna like it".
    Honestly i think Kalganub is one of those losers who got bullied all their lives in high school/uni, had no friends, still a virgin; hence, developed no social skills nor understanding how to properly communicate in a business environment especially when speaking on behalf of such a big company as Blizzard, hence to him "no, it is my way, i know better since i am a designer and you are not" seems like a logical response.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I don't personally mind the manner of the response - I know they have no manners and it's not their job to. It's that despite pretty much universal agreement on a couple of points, they still refused to budge on those points. So they're basically saying that our testing and feedback is worthless if it isn't just stroking their ego and telling them how great all their ideas are.
    Which is one of the reasons all my Feedback regarding their system has been a way to make Ithe functional.

Though real talk if they plan to keep it as it is I'm telling you now they will have to buff our damage haaaaard

Honestly I was not at all surprised with Kalgay's response regarding Equality.
    People cling to what they like or what they created, perhaps there was that, as he felt Equality was like his child.
    Perhaps he's not taking well to criticism.
    Or perhaps it's fething Blizzard we're talking about, and they are well known for operative acknowledging of their mistakes, publicly flat out stating "yeah we screwed up we'll fix it ASAP".
    Perhaps it has something to do with Retribution Paladins already having been built in their cooperative mind as gimmicky one-trick ponies with whineinducing mechanics both from the paladin players and the rest of playerbase.

Which is one of the reasons all my Feedback regarding their system has been a way to make Ithe functional.

Though real talk if they plan to keep it as it is I'm telling you now they will have to buff our damage haaaaard
    Personally I think, we as Rets should run the opposite direction from such balancing: "buff Rets dmg hard to make spec viable". Since all of us know what will happen the second our dmg is good = QQ tears from all the nubs who can't deal with Ret's wings, which will result in another nerf bat (aka Wrath, WODs1), and Rets will fall to the bottom of the food chain once again.

When you win a Battleground, Skirmish, Arena, or Rated Battleground, you have a chance to receive a piece of gear directly.
    Your first few victories per week in each rated bracket will reward a guaranteed piece of gear, which has its item level increased based on your rating in the bracket.
    Any time you are awarded gear, it has a chance to have its item level increased further.
    There is a system in place to reduce the likelihood you will get the same item twice
    what the feth is this

how do I gear versa/crit or haste/mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Pray on RNG.......no Reforging to help with the stats you want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

For Justice.. is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    what the feth is this

You don't. The stats - which are timeless/baleful style random distribution - only matter in PvE and world content. Instanced PvP uses a template where the only thing that matters is item level.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

For Justice.. is yours.

bahaha nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    You don't. The stats - which are timeless/baleful style random distribution - only matter in PvE and world content. Instanced PvP uses a template where the only thing that matters is item level.
    It was rhetorical.

I tried to subtly hint at what a fething embarrassing failure of a gearing system it's gonna be.

what the feth is this

Basically Storm in pvp above 1700cr (i believe) you will get a highER ilvl gear, the in combat stat templates will increase with your ilvl gear. So it does not matter what kind of stats you have on ur gear or set bonuses, only that matters for pvp is its Ilvl. The gear u get from boxes will have different stats, it will be usable in pve, duels, wpvp ; however, in casual or rated pvp only ilvl matters. Saying that, Mythic gear will be best pvp gear in game or on par with Glad CR ilvl gear. hence, easiest way to get best pvp gear in game, will be buying Mythic loot for random peaces, just to get ur ilvl up.