10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't take this seriously:
    That's nothing. Look here:

The usually reliable Foster is reduced to gadding about like a prog-rock Jesus in a series of robes that make him look like he’s posing for the side of someone’s van
    Nothing screams reliability like your typical critic who tries hard to sound funny.

This guy is literally shitting on Foster's performance based on what he wears.

He also had the nerve to shit on the visuals, the green screen "stealing attention", the Orcs being "unexpressive" and of course:

“Warcraft” promises, or threatens, sequels, but then so did “Super Mario Bros.” And come to think of it, if forced to watch either of these video-game movies a second time, I’d probably vote for the plumbers.
    The irresistible comparison with Super Mario Bros. Top-notch. We're talking of a "Tomatometer-approved" critic. Go figure.

The 60 isn't too bad. The others seem like they have some agenda against Warcraft, CGI or videogame movies.
    Or one against Duncan. This is the golden chance to shit on him, the movie wearing enough stigmas to cover half of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm not expecting this movie to be great(I honestly don't even really expect it to be good), but this reviewer seems like a total cunt. He went into this looking to hate it.
    He constantly brings gamers and videogame comparisons on the table, "How the movie will leave them wishing to be in charge" and how "For the rest of us, there’s not even that sense of fun that comes from the sort of film that plays like a small child dumping all his action figures out on the living room carpet to battle each other."

Seriously, this guy is a disgrace. The fact that he's even acknowledged as "Top Critic" on Rotten Tomatoes is jarring to say the least.

I'm still trying to figure out how superhero movies manage to get praise from these people.
    The real problem is that some of these aren't even barely close to be "sophisticated", the "Top Critic" in question gave either a decent or even high rating to absolutely awful movies.

There's one thing every critic is good at, and that thing is writing. I did it myself in the past and I know very well that if you're good at writing, you can twist everything at your convenience.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-05-24 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Not sure what his agenda is here tbh. Didn't Legendary give him enough money or what? Maybe he was playing on nostalrius
    Do not underestimate this. There is a lot of people who do not like Blizzard. I'm not saying it's like the go to thing, but it is a thing and there are many.

He could just be looking for controversy. Internet critics often rely on click-bait.
    Or he's just a critic... the job doesn't require consistency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or he could be honestly reviewing the film. The other three reviews may not be as harsh, but they raise similar issues.
    Worse than Hot Tube Time Machine 2 and Fantastic Four? Read his review and do point to us the "honesty" of it.

Keep in mind when it comes to Metacritic, many movie reviews don't give actual ratings. Not one of those 4 reviews gave an actual score. When this happens Metacritic themselves puts in a score based on their interpretation of the review.

"Our staffers will go through every publication on our Movies Publications list (see below) looking for reviews for Iron Chef vs. Godzilla. For each review found, we will take the score given by the critic and convert it to a 0-100 point scale. (For those critics who do not provide a score, we'll assign a score from 0-100 based on the general impression given by the review.)" - From their FAQ page

Guys we should all remember that this tweet exists and as long as this exists, none of these "reviews" matters! Heck even the positive reviews doesn't matter!

https://twitter.com/Millenium/status/735185569760743424

Deleted
    Or he could be honestly reviewing the film. The other three reviews may not be as harsh, but they raise similar issues.
    Oh please. If you honestly think Warcraft is worth 10/100 you're delusional. It could be 50, it could be 40 but unless everything we've seen and been told so far has been a lie there is no way this is a serious review.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post

Do with that information as you will.
    I will ignore it as the ranting of a mad man because quite frankly it is one of the most bizarre replies i have ever read.

Oh please. If you honestly think Warcraft is worth 10/100 you're delusional. It could be 50, it could be 40 but unless everything we've seen and told so far has been a lie there is no way this is a serious review.
    It could be a 1 or 100 for all I know... because I haven't seen it. You can't write a review on hype (or lack thereof).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You can't write a review on hype (or lack thereof).
    Or hatred. Yet that guy did.

Deleted
    It could be a 1 or 100 for all I know... because I haven't seen it. You can't write a review on hype (or lack thereof).
    And you think we would have gotten positive reactions from early screenings, and from twitter, people claiming it to be 8/10 or more, when in reality it's worse than Mario-movie? No. Someone is tripping balls here and it isn't everyone else.

Oh please. If you honestly think Warcraft is worth 10/100 you're delusional. It could be 50, it could be 40 but unless everything we've seen and been told so far has been a lie there is no way this is a serious review.
    Yeah, I'll accept a 40 and that's what I think it will overall end up around, but a 10 is way too low. 10 is like, worst movie in a decade low.

Deleted
    People, he used Battlefield Earth and Super Mario Bros for click-baiting reason. We all know the story of those movies and how infamous they became.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys going to react this way to every negative review? Different people have different tastes... You realize that right?
    I asked for a non-BS answer. There is no problem with negative reviews, there is a problem with click-baiting reviews that use Battlefield Earth and Super Mario Bros for an agenda.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-05-24 at 11:14 PM.

And you think we would have gotten positive reactions from early screenings, and from twitter, people claiming it to be 8/10 or more, when in reality it's worse than Mario-movie? No. Someone is tripping balls here and it isn't everyone else.
    This. This 100%. At the end of the day, what matters most is what the people think, not what the movie critiques think!

Are you guys going to react this way to every negative review? Different people have different tastes... You realize that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly he's being hyperbolic, but if he gets more entertainment from a bad 90's movie then that's where he gets more entertainment. It's not like SMB didn't have some great actors in it.
    We have pointed out the problems with that guy's review, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm fine with and expecting people to think the movie is bad, but it is not Batlefield Earth bad. This movie literally can't be as bad as a cult recruitment movie filmed entirely at dutch angles with lighting so bad a first day film student couldn't replicate.

It took several viewings for some people to admit Phantom Menace was bad. The fans would be the last people I would go to for an honest first reaction tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    This. This 100%. At the end of the day, what matters most is what the people think, not what the movie critiques think!
    You say that like every reviewer is gonna hate it. Honestly, I highly doubt that. Those two reviewers were either biased beyond reason or click-baiting. I don't see them being the general consensus among reviewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw for those that don't know, The Wrap gave Dragon Ball the Live Action movie 4/5.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly he's being hyperbolic, but if he gets more entertainment from a bad 90's movie then that's where he gets more entertainment. It's not like SMB didn't have some great actors in it.
    Based on the guy's past reviews, he's a baitclickerr, who trys to stir up hornet nests by saying something controvertial, like saying "Jupiter Jonest is the wackiest SCI-fi movie to date" after Ant-man and Guardians of the Galaxy... GUARDIANS OF THE faqin GALAXY! Or Positive about Dragonball Evolution.
    After all, bad publicity is still better then no publicity.

The best way is to just ignore him and wait for more reviews.

It took several viewings for some people to admit Phantom Menace was bad. The fans would be the last people I would go to for an honest first reaction tbh.
    But we have already heard people who isn't into Warcraft actually liked the movie, the same goes for some press guys! It isn't just fans