Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's page 5. I think we can get back on topic by now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You're referring to the Muslim conquest of Persia. Persia and in turn babylon had long since crushed the Kingdom of Judah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity
    Na I was actually talking on the Muslim conquest. It happened a bit later was off by ~100 years or so (~640 CE):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...rly_Israelites

1k Jewish rule was a stretch. More like ~600 years from 1200 BCE till iranians at ~600 BCE.

However, even when it was a province under some empire rule - a lot of time Jews were allowed to continue to manage as autonomy.

EDIT:

ps. before our off topic discussions are closed by a mod -I still could not understand how UK (or ANY country really) can defend against close missles fired from a submarine. Did you argue that it will get detected or can't get close enough to fire so that anti missile measures will have enough time to intercept? didn't quite follow.
    Last edited by Holas; 2016-05-24 at 10:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It's page 5. I think we can get back on topic by now.
    Not while Holas and the Fiend are both awake.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    Na I was actually talking on the Muslim conquest. It happened a bit later was off by ~100 years or so (~640 CE):

1k Jewish rule was a stretch. More like ~600 years from 1200 BCE till iranians at ~600 BCE.

However, even when it was a province under some empire rule - a lot of time Jews were allowed to continue to manage as autonomy.

EDIT:

ps. before our off topic discussions are closed by a mod -I still could not understand how UK (or ANY country really) can defend against close missles fired from a submarine. Did you argue that it will get detected or can't get close enough to fire so that anti missile measures will have enough time to intercept? didn't quite follow.
    This thread in a nutshell.

Also, yes, it would be detected. Israel would, in order to get a close range nuclear launch that would not be intercepted, Sail their sub through the straits of Gibraltar.

Guess who owns Gibraltar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Not while Holas and the Fiend are both awake.
    its 2 am here but i have to go back to work soon. And you all will be free!!

- - - Updated - - -

This thread in a nutshell.

Also, yes, it would be detected. Israel would, in order to get a close range nuclear launch that would not be intercepted, Sail their sub through the straits of Gibraltar.

Guess who owns Gibraltar.
    or through the red sea and make a round trip around africa. But ok at least - I can understand this particular point.

Deleted
    its 2 am here but i have to go back to work soon. And you all will be free!!

- - - Updated - - -

or through the red sea and make a round trip around africa. But ok at least - I can understand this particular point.
    The British Army also has military bases within South Africa AND South Africa itself is part of the Commonwealth and also NATO I think. A Rogue sub would be picked up and spotted out.

7+ Year Old Account
    The British Army also has military bases within South Africa AND South Africa itself is part of the Commonwealth and also NATO I think. A Rogue sub would be picked up and spotted out.
    No South Africa is not part of NATO.

Cmon - once you get out to the ocean, you don't really need to be close to Africa shore. you can be 100 or 500 miles away -whatever is needed. Gibraltar I understand - its a "chock point", but atlantic ocean? not so much.
    Last edited by Holas; 2016-05-24 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    No South Africa is not part of NATO.
    Eh, I don't expect South Africa to do anything useful, but we do have bases there and I know our ships sometimes take joyful little tours.

It'll still be damn hard to slip a nuclear sub out into open waters without being picked up by chatter.

UK lol they havent done anything since the Falkland war and it still took them 74 days to beat the Argentinians lmao. UK is nothing with out the USA. USA would also never let them take the land back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    UK lol they havent done anything since the Falkland war and it still took them 74 days to beat the Argentinians lmao. UK is nothing with out the USA. USA would also never let them take the land back.
    USA has no say in British matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    USA has no say in British matters.
    Lol you really believe this? Did y'all forget about Tony the lapdog?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    You know the Falklands was a defensive war for the British right?

We could have just shelled Buenos Aires to hell and forced an Argentinian surrender. Imagine the political nightmare

"Britain invades poor American country"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The policemen were obliged to use force in order to arrest the suspect, who continued attacking them violently. As a result of the violence of the attack, two policemen were taken to Ichilov Hospital, suffering from bruises and bites

did you read your own article?
    He got assaulted for being arab. I read the article. I don't support this type of racism.

I have to side with the off duty police in this case, the guy was obviously out of control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Another tennisace antisemitic troll post
    Care to elaborate?

In a war strictly between Israel and the UK nothing would happen at all because the UK doesn't have enough projection power to invade Israel and likewise Israel doesn't have the projection power to invade the UK. It's not like they're right next to each other like Iran and Iraq. The only country with the force projection power to invade another country that has something resembling a modern military in such a way is the USA.

EDIT:

I believe the argument is it would be impossible for an Israeli submarine, or any submarine for that matter, to get close enough to the UK shores to fire an uninterceptable missile.

They would have to get pretty damn close for an anti missile system to not be able to shoot it down too. If I'm not mistaken most nuclear armed sub missiles are ballistic missiles in nature and generally need some time and distance to reach their rather ludicrous top speeds. Although I have no idea the nature of Israels nuclear armed missiles because they officially don't have nuclear weapons *wink wink*.
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2016-05-25 at 04:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    There are 20x more Arabs and 100x more Muslims than Jews but you seem only focused on the latter!

Haaretz as usual omitting few things.

For example that the cops in civilian identified themselves and presented ID's to the "victim" before asking him to present his own ID, which he refused to do because apparently he is to cool for that shit and a brawl erupted with a few of his buddies from the shop joining in.

tl:dr yawn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Haaretz as usual omitting few things.

For example that the cops in civilian identified themselves and presented ID's to the "victim" before asking him to present his own ID, which he refused to do because apparently he is to cool for that shit and a brawl erupted with a few of his buddies from the shop joining in.

tl:dr yawn.
    Funny the witnesses say they didn't. Source for this claim please. And if its the cops don't bother.

From non Haaretz sources.

""I've never seen anything like it. [His] teeth were flying through the air. The Arab was torn apart," onlooker Erez Krispin posted on Facebook.
    He said the employee of a city-centre supermarket was outside the store putting out rubbish when a man in civilian clothes, who did not identify himself, demanded to see his ID.
    Krispin said the worker began to explain that his documents were inside and to ask who the questioner was.
    "He barely finished speaking and started to get murderous blows from the man and a friend who was with him," he wrote.
    http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/te....xbBLfALw.dpuf