Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    what's so positive about someone so grossly obese? That is not healthy. Or should another group promoting something as vague as "body positivity" advertise a muscular male smoking a cigarette? smoking and obesity are both killers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    how does someone get that big and are proud of it
    I wonder how long it takes to get that obese in the first place. Like, really...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotto Pantsu View Post
    I believe the rule was about not advertising unhealthy ways of life. As in they ban anorexia, but apparently the other side of the coin aka morbid obesity is just fine. Hypocricy at its best.
    Yup, it's a silly double standard. Being that obese is definitely not better than being severely underweight/anorexic.

They shouldn't have blocked it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adaker777 View Post
    They shouldn't have blocked it.
    Like you can block something of that size...

i made the mistake to fall for the fat bait and clicked the link

my retinas burned

dont click it....

disgusting how some women let themselves go like that and then brag about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Like you can block something of that size...
    how can you block that which has 10x the size of the geometric ideal point?

you would need like.,.... 11 googles for that

Deleted
    She's too fat for my facebook at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    You might say: Well, just lose it FFS! But let it be said from a, today, very stable and confident white male with a well paid job: Even when circumstances are ideal and your mental health is A-OK, depending on a plethora of factors, "just losing the weight" is a monumental task. I've done it once where I had the time and capacity to slack in my job (because under-eating DOES affect your work efficiency quite a bit), but alas - it didn't last. (At least not fully, and I know the reason for it.)
    It is a hard task. It does take discipline and lots of it. Saying that it cannot be done is fat logic in it purest form. Saying you can't do it because you don't have time or your job is to demanding is fat logic. Stop it right now. The reason you are still fat is because you are an undisciplined slob. There is no other reason. Believe me, I spent 25 years telling myself that it was too hard and that I didn't have time. All it was is that I was a fucking degenerate undisciplined piece of shit. You can do it. We are all gonna make it. Educate yourself on how your body functions, dont do fad diets, educate yourself on how to build muscle effectively. Start working on that immediately. Don't wait tomorrow, don't wait for motivation. Motivation is a poison of the mind. It is a way to procrastinate what is uncomfortable. Pure discipline is what you need, just fucking do it.

There is no reason to be fat in this day and age, there is no reason for you to throw the towel. You will LOVE your in shape body and wonder how you could even live by being fat and out of shape. Get rid of the fat logic, get rid of the crabs around you that will keep you down to their level. Don't announce any of it to anyone. Just do it for you. Just grit your teeth and fucking work hard both in the kitchen and at the gym (or your living room if you don't want to go to the gym).

Motivation is a lie, there is only discipline.

I feel for you. I really do. I see my old self in you. I hated that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    It is a hard task. It does take discipline and lots of it. Saying that it cannot be done is fat logic in it purest form. Saying you can't do it because you don't have time or your job is to demanding is fat logic. Stop it right now. The reason you are still fat is because you are an undisciplined slob. There is no other reason. Believe me, I spent 25 years telling myself that it was too hard and that I didn't have time. All it was is that I was a fucking degenerate undisciplined piece of shit. You can do it. We are all gonna make it. Educate yourself on how your body functions, dont do fad diets, educate yourself on how to build muscle effectively. Start working on that immediately. Don't wait tomorrow, don't wait for motivation. Motivation is a poison of the mind. It is a way to procrastinate what is uncomfortable. Pure discipline is what you need, just fucking do it.

There is no reason to be fat in this day and age, there is no reason for you to throw the towel. You will LOVE your in shape body and wonder how you could even live by being fat and out of shape. Get rid of the fat logic, get rid of the crabs around you that will keep you down to their level. Don't announce any of it to anyone. Just do it for you. Just grit your teeth and fucking work hard both in the kitchen and at the gym (or your living room if you don't want to go to the gym).

Motivation is a lie, there is only discipline.

I feel for you. I really do. I see my old self in you. I hated that guy.
    Holy fuck, I feel like I just lost 20 lbs reading this.

They should also ban stupid other feminists.

Deleted
    Now, please, dear enlightend one, tell me how you plan to squeeze an effective weight-loss programme into 4h a day, in which all my life that isn't work already takes place, and at a time of day where I usually am quite exhausted already. Mind you, my job consists 90% of being in my office. I'm a software engineer and need to be able to concentrate fully for long hours. Try that on an empty stomach that replaces every second line of code in your head with "starving here!". And then try to not be cranky when a stupid customer calls, only to report a "bug" that is the same user error he made 100 times before.

Bugger off with your generalizations and pseudo-pep-talks. I'm nothing like what you were, from the sound of it.
    Easy.

40 mins every day, heavy weights.

Drink protein shakes at work.

Get gains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Easy.

40 mins every day, heavy weights.

Drink protein shakes at work.

Get gains.
    Exactly. Except for me it is once every 2 days weights and on the "rest" day, 30 minutes of running.

I am the same as that person. I have about 4 hours of "me time" every day. I am also a software engineer working long hours. I made it work because I am disciplined. This person is not. I was not and until they become disciplined, they will remain fat. The fat logic is extremely strong in this one too.

Also, going with a deficit of 500 cals will not make you less effective at your job. Don't starve yourself, a measely 500 under your TDEE is very easily manageable especially if you do not ingest high carb low proteine shit.
    Last edited by Zcion999; 2016-05-24 at 11:24 PM.

Sweetie, it is wannabe motivational talks like yours that actually add more to the burden than the insults and predjudice. Believe me when I say that, at least in my circles, the fat people are the ones that are A LOT more educated on food than those that are less forced to concern themselves with the topic. Alone blatantly assuming that a fat person hasn't at the very least informed himself is a pure insult. It's not that there is a lack of information or calls to educate ones self.

Also never did I name time as the sole reason for why I bounced back more than I would have liked. But lets focus on that one issue isolated, it did at least contribute to a notable extent: See, I lost a bit over 100lb in a little over one year. To do so, I ate 25% of what I ate before, which was about 150% of what I would have needed to sustain myself according to doctors and several calorie calculators (those that factor activity levels in). I also worked out 5/7 days a week for ~2+ hours a day. That means 1h on the cross-trainer until the sweat pooled a little under me, followed by at least one hour of various workouts with and without weights. That was when I was in the last, mostly spare-time filled months of university.
    Skip to today: I usually work 7 to 20 or longer, being self-employed with a small business. In the remaining time until about midnight I have to clean my place, cook a proper meal for the next day (I loathe fast-food and take out is too expensive, I also like freshly prepared meals and have them daily - yes, heavy on the veggie-side), shower and groom myself, currently search and plan a house to buy/build, and have a gf that lives far enough away to only be accessible on the weekends, which means I get to skype with her at least every other evening for an hour or longer. I gave up drumming and gaming, too, since there is nowhere to fit that in. Adult real life has caught up with me big time.

Now, please, dear enlightend one, tell me how you plan to squeeze an effective weight-loss programme into 4h a day, in which all my life that isn't work already takes place, and at a time of day where I usually am quite exhausted already. Mind you, my job consists 90% of being in my office. I'm a software engineer and need to be able to concentrate fully for long hours. Try that on an empty stomach that replaces every second line of code in your head with "starving here!". And then try to not be cranky when a stupid customer calls, only to report a "bug" that is the same user error he made 100 times before.

Bugger off with your generalizations and pseudo-pep-talks. I'm nothing like what you were, from the sound of it.
    Just eat many small meals throughout the day, fruits and veggies at your desk with some low cal shakes and smoothies. don't waste time cooking and preparing meals if you're so busy. just keep eating throughout the day and take time for some pushups and exercises you can do at your office that take a couple minutes to complete. it'll work to at least keep you at a set point and keep the weight off.

good luck

Deleted
    Exactly. Except for me it is once every 2 days weights and on the "rest" day, 30 minutes of running.

I am the same as that person. I have about 4 hours of "me time" every day. I am also a software engineer working long hours. I made it work because I am disciplined. This person is not. I was not and until they become disciplined, they will remain fat. The fat logic is extremely strong in this one too.

Also, going with a deficit of 500 cals will not make you less effective at your job. Don't starve yourself, a measely 500 under your TDEE is very easily manageable especially if you do not ingest high carb low proteine shit.
    If anything, higher protein will help him focus more as the protein takes longer to break down in his gut and is not made into starch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I wonder how long it takes to get that obese in the first place. Like, really...

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, it's a silly double standard. Being that obese is definitely not better than being severely underweight/anorexic.

it takes a life time of bad choices and no self respect.

Deleted
    Since you're too far up there to address my directly, I'll answer this once more and hence forth proceed to ignore you.

What is proposed here does little to nothing for me. As you should have been able to tell: I've tried a plethora of things over the years, including light workout like this. Also: Protein shakes on top of lifting!? I don't want to bulk up! I've got plenty of muscle, considering I was actively body-building in my early 20s, where the results never fully vanished thanks to being active on and off.

And you conveniently ignore the part where I said I lot 100lb already once, so fuck you, assuming a lack of discipline. You're very obviously only here to stirr up a fatty, like you probably did (or do) at high-school, too. Not worth my energy.
    ... you do know bulking up is caused by an excess of calories right?

If you're cutting, you still have a high protein diet and heavy weights. You reduce the calorie count.

Since you're too far up there to address my directly, I'll answer this once more and hence forth proceed to ignore you.

What is proposed here does little to nothing for me. As you should have been able to tell: I've tried a plethora of things over the years, including light workout like this. Also: Protein shakes on top of lifting!? I don't want to bulk up! I've got plenty of muscle, considering I was actively body-building in my early 20s, where the results never fully vanished thanks to being active on and off.

And you conveniently ignore the part where I said I lot 100lb already once, so fuck you, assuming a lack of discipline. You're very obviously only here to stirr up a fatty, like you probably did (or do) at high-school, too. Not worth my energy.
    Fat logic. You need to drop that first. Then the weight will follow.

I had it too. I am one of these fatties at high school who was bullied. Then I dropped the fat logic. Realized I had only myself to blame for my shitty health and made some real changes. I can only hope you drop the fat logic and the crabs. Good luck stranger. You can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotto Pantsu View Post
    I believe the rule was about not advertising unhealthy ways of life. As in they ban anorexia, but apparently the other side of the coin aka morbid obesity is just fine. Hypocricy at its best.
    They may be in fear of a stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    ... you do know bulking up is caused by an excess of calories right?

If you're cutting, you still have a high protein diet and heavy weights. You reduce the calorie count.
    I like how he/she is telling me that he/she knows how their body works and lectures me on the fact that they understand nutrition then come back with this gem.

A 500 deficit is not going to affect them at all in their every day life. They might have cravings but that is what the discipline is for.

Deleted
    I like how he/she is telling me that he/she knows how their body works and lectures me on the fact that they understand nutrition then come back with this gem.

A 500 deficit is not going to affect them at all in their every day life. They might have cravings but that is what the discipline is for.
    I mean I got pretty strong muscles due to my years so I actually can burn a fuck ton of calories by high volume weight training. I mean even cravings can be filled by things like healthy chocolate treats as long as you check what the protein and sugar content is.

Brownies = yum.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes. Everybody has great ideas, and most people contradict each others on a regular basis. It's not that I haven't read 1000 of nice little how-tos, I could write a book or two. Wanna know something funny? My doctor explicitly suggested only ever eating 3 meals a day, but exactly 3. 6h apart. According to him, this has to do with insulin levels (he is a clinic doc but also focuses on diabetis (which I don't have and is not the reason I chose him)). Peaking insulin several times a day, and keeping it at high levels through many small meals actually benefits fat deposition, and hinders burning off. Excuse me to do so, but since he studied in the field for more than 40 years by now and is an active practitioner, I'll take his words over yours every day. (Adding that I read up myself on it, and there's at least no evidence against his statement.)
    Got to love it when I can prove myself smarter than a doctor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16545079

Insulin promotes the synthesis of Proteins, aka the absorption of proteins. If you have done a correct work out, these absorbed proteins will go towards building and repairing of muscles.

So Caliph is right actually, peak Insulin will help speed up muscle development and in turn improve protein-calorie efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    The Guardian is a top news source which is read by many.
    So is Breitbart and Stormfront.