10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, real praise there... They're clearly saying it has issues if it isn't seamlessly believable. The reason it casts a spell is because of the character driven plot. Not because of the effects.
    Of course it's because of the effects. And Avatar didn't have photorealistic CGI either. And no one cared back then, they just enjoyed the spectacle they were seeing. And so did this reviewer, obviously, since she literally said the movie makes a leap on the scale of Avatar.

Do you need a history lesson? I mean, whatever you may think about Avatar, it was, visually, a spectacle and it made huge leaps in CGI technology. It earned 2.8 billion for an actual reason, you know, despite being watched by 80 million people, compared to Titanic's 200 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Which says to me, you'll zone out at least once and that point will be determined by your tastes.
    The zoning out thing is probably referring to the violent parts which get a bit too violent for your random person (like the neck-breaking with that orc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Anyway, I'm gonna leave the thread for now. Too much salty from the crowd that said this film was going to be universally praised.
    Don't act like you don't enjoy it. It's basically the whole point you're posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Don't act like you don't enjoy it. It's basically the whole point you're posting here.
    Sometimes I don't like you, but I really like you now... I am confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    The critics have been off the mark a lot lately. Honestly, I only care what the fans think about the movie, but let's be honest -- I'm still going to see it.
    They are industry critics. Not people you should pay attention to anyway these days. I'd rather trust youtube-reviews, they usually better reflect the opinion of the people.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    saw it today and i must say im glad its not another Resident Evil .. its far away from perfect but it was enjoyable to Watch even with some tweaks to the Lore .. but well atleast they didnt butcher the Lore like Blizz does in WoW a solid 8/10 for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    To be fair, if the article doesn't contain a single piece of "positive", then you have to doubt how objective the critic really is.
    Every movie that has ever been made, has at least one element that is "ok".
    But pointing this obvious fact out is deny the guy's right to have an opinion. Vegas is fighting hard to defend democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxus View Post
    Here is his Dragonball review. The score doesn't really seem that absurd when you read what he writes. He clearly knows cinema.
    Well, writing is exactly what a critic is proficient at. Ultimately, is a mean to an end to fit someone's taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Sometimes I don't like you, but I really like you now... I am confused.
    I know, people can't decide what to do about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Wow. The guy who reviewed it at Vanity and this guy are using the same comparison (the Battlefield Earth one). If there's ever a day when I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist, it's today.
    They're the same guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I mean, he was waiting for this to happen, he wanted this. He was literally on fire on the last 5 pages defending every negative review. ''Maybe he was having a shit week'' rofl Vegas, couldn't you find a better excuse?

Anyway, i bet he's off the thread for now only to go and jerk off while reading all the negative reviews for the movie.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    metacritics review doesn't look good

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    reviews from these *review pros like Duralde* are worth jackshit .. let alone his comparison how can anyone take him serious :O it all comes down to the simple viewer not these paid reviewers

Only for the US reviews. The European embargo seems to have ended now, as its May 25th in Europe now

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    Why do you guys keep discussing the negative ones when there have been a lot positive posten here today? 4/5 from Sweden 4/6 Norway, 4.5/5 France, 3.5/5 germany and even the 60/100 on meta is quite positive. Instead you go on about one 10/100 review that clearly went in to hate it even before he saw it...
    I am happy for those! But... it isn't helping since they aren't counted on Metacritic

Deleted
    You mean all 4 of them, nevermind that 2 of them reek of agenda and bias?
    Meanwhile, every foreign review has been, as far as I recall, above average.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    regardless of what the reviewers say, it bring the rating so down that makes people go away from the movie

regardless of what the reviewers say, it bring the rating so down that makes people go away from the movie
    This. Is why its annoying they only seem to collect the english reviews :P

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i kinda feel sad for Duncan Jones, well, lets see how the fan reviews strike back

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people who did. I wasn't one of them, but then I've never been a huge fan of DB.
    That's the thing though, the DB movie was made for the exact reason he pegged warcraft for: being made soullessly for the $$$... The only resemblance it has to DB is the character's name(and even then one of the most important characters in that saga wasn't in the movie... it was a complete abomination as a DB movie, easily a 2/10 because at least they got the names right. As a standalone movie it's maybe a 4/10 in my books) so sorry if I can't take him seriously after opening with that and then seeing he rated DBE 4/5.

Rottentomatoes takes into account a lot more reviews, not only the English ones, doesn't it? It may be more reliable than Metacritic if it's the case. As a side note, a friend of mine went to see it today and said it was good (while he's usually pretty damn critical about films in general). I'll go and see it anyway but hearing that from him makes me want to see it even more.
    Last edited by Imotbh; 2016-05-25 at 12:41 AM.

After reading some reviews, I'm beginning to realize how easy that job has got to be. Be a contrarian, add some click-bait to your review and profit!

On another note entirely, does anyone know when the OST will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    After reading some reviews, I'm beginning to realize how easy that job has got to be. Be a contrarian, add some click-bait to your review and profit!

On another note entirely, does anyone know when the OST will be available?
    I thhink it will release beginning of June