Deleted

Question Will the legendaries make every spec have an appearance in the raiding scene

So there is always 1 spec that tops the dps meters in multiple dps spec classes
    In some tiers more then in others
    But if the legendaries are truly very rare is it possible that u loot a spec-specific legendary while not in that spec, making it so that u have to switch specs?
    Example: BM is the best hunter spec (god i hope not) but with a certain MM-only legendary MM is better
    And u get that legendary by accident, meaning u go MM while the "best" spec is BM in the current tier

Depends on how u can "target" the legendaries i guess
    I dont fully agree with how the legendaries drop, but i like the idea that it makes it way harder to realise what is the best spec, and since there are multiple spec-legendary combinations (even more when u can equip 2), this might mean that, in the end when everybody got his legendary (if they are in fact, grindable) that multiple specs might be viable?

Just trying to see the positives in the system
    Probably 1 spec-legendary combination will just be broken and everyone will be farming the same one
    But hey.. Maybe?

Deleted
    I asked a very similar question on this forum some time ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...dps-difference

I think you basically "roll the die and hope for the best" until we will see final tunning numbers.

I imagine whatever "targetting" we can do will, at the least, ensure that you get a legendary that matches your chosen spec.

What do we know about the actual drop rate of Legiondaries? Have any testers actually found one in the wild? We know only your classes will drop, but does it hone in on your spec? Perhaps getting one regardless of your preferred spec is the Dev's way of encouraging you to try a different spec?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What do we know about the actual drop rate of Legiondaries? Have any testers actually found one in the wild? We know only your classes will drop, but does it hone in on your spec? Perhaps getting one regardless of your preferred spec is the Dev's way of encouraging you to try a different spec?
    I saw this question asked but remain unanswered a few times across different forums so it seems no one had got one in the wild yet (I could obviously be wrong though).

Interesting was the thread a blue posted about feedback on them:

"For the purposes of this thread, let's assume everyone in raids has one, but only one, and can't control which one it is. And assume they work in all non-PvP content, at all times, including world-first Mythic progression. Which ones are most worrisome? Which are coolest?"

Could read this in a way that matches your thoughts.

Just play the spec you like. Who gives a damn if it's not top at DPS currently? It only matters if you're in the World First race. Otherwise, every spec is viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Just play the spec you like. Who gives a damn if it's not top at DPS currently? It only matters if you're in the World First race. Otherwise, every spec is viable.
    The frequent 1%, hell even 0.5%, wipes in progress raiding give a damm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    I've had wipes at under 1000 health. Its terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    And suddenly you are on your alt playing demonology warlock and no PUGs wants you... because it is a "dead spec".

well with the artifacts it's going to be a lot easier for them to have all specs pretty close to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Something tells me that easier solutions that rerolling exsist to fix that. I will find it very hard to believe you get to that level of health on a boss and wipe with every player, as their current class and spec, playing optimally unless you are grossly under geared. But it all really depends on the guild. I know in my guild you are considered a class and are kinda expected to know the class. So 3 specs or 4 in Druids case. Or at least a bare minimal of 2 so at least you have an a and b option. But to tell the truth I don't expect this to be the case with most guilds. I sespect a majority of them bring players with one spec and just have a few key players that flip between specs and specific toons to get the guild along.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    "For the purposes of this thread, let's assume everyone in raids has one, but only one, and can't control which one it is. And assume they work in all non-PvP content, at all times, including world-first Mythic progression. Which ones are most worrisome? Which are coolest?"
    It was mentioned that they will not work in early progression so the World's first race is not decided by luck on getting them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    It was mentioned that they will not work in early progression so the World's first race is not decided by luck on getting them.
    Because re reading my post I am not sure if it was clear. The part you quoted is a blue post from the official forums. Although you may have already been aware of that

So did they make the comment they wont be available for progression after they made the post I quoted?

Mine if from here:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4202?page=3#41
    on the 05/06/2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    Because re reading my post I am not sure if it was clear. The part you quoted is a blue post from the official forums. Although you may have already been aware of that

So did they make the comment they wont be available for progression after they made the post I quoted?

Mine if from here:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4202?page=3#41
    on the 05/06/2015
    They were asking for theoretical purposes, hence why it was prefaced with "For the purposes of this thread, let's assume". As far as we know, their stance on legendaries being restricted in early mythic progression is still in place.