Page 1 of 128
... LastLast

Warcraft movie MEGA THREAD

NO SPOILERS ALLOWED UNLESS CENSORED.

Disclaimer: Just because the critics gave it a good/bad rating doesn't mean it'll be the same for you.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

10 Rotten Reviews
    Imagine Battlefield Earth without the verve, or the unintentional comedy.
    The final product brings to mind those animated advertisements for iPhone app games.
    Unconvincing and generic, with nothing to compare to either the dramatic heft of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy or the raunch and gore of Game of Thrones.
    Warcraft provides thunderous spectacle, but when performing the alchemy of transforming genre archetypes into characters with soul, the magic fizzles out.
    Director Duncan Jones, a self-professed Warcraft fan, has clearly put a lot of love and care into fleshing out a story, but it's questionable whether it was ever really merited.
    A director's cut might run more smoothly and offer some of the characters time to actually develop, but what we've got for now is an ambitious disappointment with its heart in the right place.
    Like its ten-foot anti-heroes, 'Warcraft' is noisy, lumbering and not terribly bright.
    While there's something admirable in Jones's steadfast adherence to naff fantasy tropes, it makes no concession to fans of realism.
    At once empty and impenetrable, this brings to mind a mix of John Carter and Dungeons And Dragons, regrettably in both themes and level of enjoyment.
    This production may be titled 'The Beginning', but on this showing it would be a spectacular surprise if we ever saw the middle, or the end.
    10 Fresh Reviews
    Dramatically and technically, Warcraft gives the concept of "hybrid" new punch.
    A flawed but likable adventure that I would happily go on again, preferably as a double feature with The Beastmaster, Legend or Ladyhawke.
    It has plenty of faults, but Warcraft: The Beginning largely achieves what it sets out to do.
    Despite the silly names and cheesy nerdism there's plenty of fun to be had in Duncan Jones' video game adaptation.
    I kinda liked it.
    The best thing about Warcraft is that it is character driven and feels personal, which is an amazing quality to have in an expensive effects picture.
    Don't believe the bad buzz: Jones has embraced that "unfilmable" game, and made a ferocious and fun journey through the worlds of Warcraft.
    There are plenty of flaws - an overabundance of storylines chief among them, followed by the occasional slip into silly action and/or overdone effects - but what fun to discover some virtues to set against them.
    Overall Jones does a decent job at telling a tale and summoning the spectacle of a 21st-century blockbuster. That's more than you can say for the superhero movies released this year.
    A film that at its heart spends as much time worried about its characters being three dimensional as it does about it stereographic 3D.

Other Sites:
    Metacritic: 31% SN. They gave WoD a 9/10. Food for the thought.
    IMDb: 9/10
    Kotaku: Not Good
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2016-06-10 at 09:27 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Surprise level: 0.0%.

We all knew this was going to be a dud from the very beginning. It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Surprise level: 0.0%.

We all knew this was going to be a dud from the very beginning. It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well.
    I dunno, the Assassin's Creed trailer looked genuinely fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, but as of this post that's 3 out of the 5 total reviews. Not to say that this won't set the pace of the likely rating, but it's at least a bit too soon to tell.

That is not a good sign. All that matters though is for the movie to pull in money, and plenty of panned movies still manage to do so.

Because 5 reviews speaks for everyone lol

Everyone I've talked to so far has loved the movie.

But, haters gunna hate I guess
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    I dunno, the Assassin's Creed trailer looked genuinely fantastic.
    That too is guaranteed to be rated M for 'meh'.

More review threads? Can't we give it a couple of weeks so that atleast almost everyone has seen and review it?

A whole five reviews, wow.

Wow is dying!!!!

[IMG]http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn396/Clementeunknown/white-knights-assemble.jpg.cf_zpsp3ytoaho.png[IMG]

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-05-25 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five reviews really means nothing, really. I'll wait until I see more. It just doesn't make sense to have this many people love a movie and suddenly critics comes in and destroy it. So I'll wait.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    this isnt a comment on the movie being good or not, but rotten tomatoes suck literal ass they are a terrible site and give silly numbers to god awful movies on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Cool, but as of this post that's 3 out of the 5 total reviews. Not to say that this won't set the pace of the likely rating, but it's at least a bit too soon to tell.
    I know. The mods can change it when we get more reviews and I'm already set to post 10 most top critic reviews for each rating [rotten and fresh]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

So 3 negative reviews on rotten tomatoes, of which atleast 2 look incredibly biased, mean the movie is a dud?
    I'd say you should give it some more time before making final judgments, there are both positive and negative reviews being posted as we speak, there is no way to draw a final conclusion just yet.

Those quotes are honestly laughable ''The final product brings to mind those animated advertisements for iPhone app games.'', does anyone really believe it looks that bad, while other websites actually praise the CGI quality? Ofcourse there is such a thing as opinions, but those ''reviews'' are so full of hyperboles and hate, you can hardly take it seriously.

I'm by no means saying the Warcraft movie is an artistic masterpiece, I'm quite sure it isn't, but I do feel like this hate from some of these early reviews is completely unjustified.

40%? I'll take it. better then the BVS reviews.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh that darulde shithead again with his battlefield shit totally serious reviewer :O

ah rotten tomatoes, where if a movie tells a mindfuck story then its a masterpiece.

29 on Metacritic, based on 4 reviews http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft?ref=hp

"Imagine “Battlefield Earth” without the verve and you get this sludgy, tedious fantasy adventure, a fun-starved dud that’s not even unintentionally hilarious."

I know it's only 4 reviews, but OUCH! Anytime something gets compared to Battlefield Earth... well, you know it ain't good.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

I tried to tell everyone from the beginning...