Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I'll always hold Vanilla, BC and Wrath above because their theme was also awesome and included a lot of the same greatness that MoP had. Their weakest point would be questing.
    I loved Vanilla for its sense of "climbing the long, steep mountain", TBC for its raids and Wotlk for its overall theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I loved Vanilla for its sense of "climbing the long, steep mountain", TBC for its raids and Wotlk for its overall theme.
    I enjoyed that in Vanilla the realm cliques hadn't fully formed and shut new players out totally, yet. I miss global chat.

About a week after launch, coinciding with all the "Legion is the worst Xpac ever" posts.

This is how WoW has always been, and must always be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    after the first raid opens. Not that the raid has something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I don't think people will ever think that about WoD.

Cata was bad. I've forgiven it a lot because it made the whole questing experience far better for levelling, but from the start all it's changes to raiding teams/difficulties caused REAL issues. They tried to fix it with LFR but that just brought out the worst in all the communities. They didn't really find a proper balance again until SOO.

MOP was a bit of a pain at the start with SO MANY dailies, but beyond that I enjoyed the expansion over all. There was still a lot to do. Even with mount-stores, each faction still had its own unique rewards and identity, with a lot of faction specific mounts.

WOD....

WOD had a lot of improvements to questing, and I think the "weekend event" thing is a great idea; but it's been a pathetically cheap excuse for a for an expansion. There was so little new worthwhile, and things like all the PEPE stuff and the jukebox and selfie camera are just embarassing; more so when we miss an entire raid tier. The fact the faction specific-mounts were all on the store, instead giving them each random boar and wolve models was just an insult to playres. Factions have zero identity anymore... what's the point of even getting rep for any in WOD?

I think Cata, despite its flaws, felt like Blizzard will still trying. WOD, I feel like they just didn't even care anymore. It's hard to see how Legion could be bad enough that people will get nostalgic about WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

so for a year subscription plus the expansion thats £160ish?

So for the same price I could have got Grand Theft Auto V +Witcher 3 + Dark Souls3 + Battlefront ???? (at launch prices)

I wonder what would have provided the most content/entertainment.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-05-24 at 11:41 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Funny how during MoP everyone hated the shit out of it, now the general consensus is it was one of the better expansions (except for 14 months SOO).
    I can't remember a single person saying that they hated MoP while it was live (outside these forums)...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Nothing will ever top the shit factor of MoP. That was the shittiest expansion ever!
    Found a derp panda person here. If you truely think mop is shittier than the no content shit in ones garrison all day that is wod you truely have no idea what a good expansion is. We had 5 open world places added after launch in mop, we had repeatable rares to farm, mats to farm not handed out in a garrison, scenarios, one whole more raid tier, rep grinds with meaningful awards, and brawlers guild( made from scratch not one with bosses moved around and arguably toughest one gone) to name a few things.
    This expansion we got the flying debacle, garrisons, meaningless rep grind rewards, 1 open world place added( that was suppose to be on launch), and a Twitter/selfie cam patch.
    Yep you are right mop was shit but I wonder what that makes this?
    Keep the derp panda thing going though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I can't remember a single person saying that they hated MoP while it was live (outside these forums)...
    If they weren't going derp pandas and actually played it then you are right no one said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEVER. Because WoD was inherently bad. Questing was fine but everything else about it post-100 was garbage. Nobody has anything good to say about Cataclysm so why would they ever say anything good about WoD? It's entirely possible for most of the playerbase to dislike an expansion because it was just that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Found a derp panda person here. If you truely think mop is shittier than the no content shit in ones garrison all day that is wod you truely have no idea what a good expansion is. We had 5 open world places added after launch in mop, we had repeatable rares to farm, mats to farm not handed out in a garrison, scenarios, one whole more raid tier, rep grinds with meaningful awards, and brawlers guild( made from scratch not one with bosses moved around and arguably toughest one gone) to name a few things.
    This expansion we got the flying debacle, garrisons, meaningless rep grind rewards, 1 open world place added( that was suppose to be on launch), and a Twitter/selfie cam patch.
    Yep you are right mop was shit but I wonder what that makes this?
    Keep the derp panda thing going though.

- - - Updated - - -

If they weren't going derp pandas and actually played it then you are right no one said that.

Played MoP hated it from the start. Just deal with the fact that many people don't like that expansion. It didn't fit WoW and it had weak content.

Once all the money dries up and people miss farmville aka Garrisons.

I have been a pretty strong supporter in terms of keeping subbed, but if Legion bombs, yeah, I am done with WoW. WoD was a long haul of no real content outside the 3 raids and initial questing and mundane boring repetitiveness with the Garrisons.