Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    personal opinions are not facts

nope
    K?

Still can't be any worse than The Force Awakens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Funny how there is obvious confirmation bias in this thread. 5 reviews touted as gospel because the rating is low while ignoring a 9/10 rating with over 2000 reviews from IMDb. Seems fair to use the small sample opposed to the one with over 45x more reviewers that would give it much more statistical validity.
    I don't know how many times I'm going to use this image this week, but here it is again...

IMDB & RT are BOTH horrible ways to determine what to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    K?

Still can't be any worse than The Force Awakens.
    Nothing was worse than BvS

It's going to be panned on Internet rating sites no matter what. Too many people with axes to grind. They'll swoop in and vote it down regardless of whether it is good or bad.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    It's going to be panned on Internet rating sites no matter what. Too many people with axes to grind. They'll swoop in and vote it down regardless of whether it is good or bad.
    and thats /thread

just look around mmo-c you can find 100's of people willing to bad mouth blizzard, hell even i do it any time you mention elemental shaman i'll tell you blizzard are the most useless cunts on the planet.

but some people literally hand around these forums to make thousands of whine at blizzard posts, no matter what blizzard do it's bad, it's like blizzard raped and killed their family, they can't wait to slam legion, and this movie even if it came with free blowjobs and a new car.

The thing interesting about the movie is it doesn't matter what the critics say, millions upon millions of people will still go see it! I mean let's think realistically here. You have a massive Warcraft fan-base that will go see it just to see how it turned out. I don't really have an opinion on it yet, but I would be surprised if the movie doesn't do well, even if it was rated a 1/10 by everything everywhere. I don't think they would be able to successfully do a second movie if this was the case, but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I had a read through a couple of the current reviews out of curiosity. One of them was terrible and didn't make any points other than "it was bad", but the Variety review seemed very articulate in underlining the biggest problem that's always existed with Warcraft as a franchise, and seems like it's made its way over into the movie as well:

And that goes to the root of the problems with “Warcraft”: it’s an unwaveringly earnest film that never owns up to exactly how campy every character, every conflict and every new realm truly is.
    If there was anything I'd point at as a big potential problem with a Warcraft movie, it would be this. Warcraft's goofy. If you play it completely straight and sincere, especially when you're doing it in live action, there's going to be a disconnect between the story and its tone for a lot of people.

9/10 on IMDb with 2k+ raitings with mostly positive reviews. People just love to hate.

Interesting looking at the spread on IMDB

80% or so voted 10/10
    8% voted 9/10
    5% voted 1/10

I'm thinking this wave of voters/viewers are largely fans of the warcraft franchise to begin with and want to see it do well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    9/10 on IMDb with 2k+ raitings with mostly positive reviews. People just love to hate.
    Yeah 'cause IMDB is reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Or given IMDB ratings, vote it up based on hype regardless of movie quality & flaws

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Interesting looking at the spread on IMDB

80% or so voted 10/10
    8% voted 9/10
    5% voted 1/10

I'm thinking this wave of voters/viewers are largely fans of the warcraft franchise to begin with and want to see it do well
    IMDB doesn't include professional critics, rather only people who breath and want this movie to generate money.

FUCK!

Damn, I had decent expectations, but the more I hear, the worse it seems it is. People are saying it's really no better than the first Resident Evil movie...

If Warcraft can't break the video game movie curse... I don't think anyone can...

Fingers crossed for Assassin's Creed.

Man this thread got all the cast, production staff, and investors out of bed tonight. Impressive!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Man this thread got all the cast, production staff, and investors out of bed tonight. Impressive!
    I'm impressed with the popcorn levels these threads have been generating, I have nothing else to do whilst trying to sleep except lurk here and this shit is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It was/is never going to do very well among non-players, it's really just a generic fantasy tale, no matter how much emphasis they put on the good orcs and teaming up elements. It comes across as a cheesier version of lord of the rings.

I feel it would have been better received if it were actually very dark and grim, like the first two games. Would have been more compelling I think.
    the game in general would be better received if it were dark and grim like the original warcraft cinematics

compare this:

to this:

the audience of Warcraft got older and yet the themes Blizzard are pushing get younger. nice logic

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Wow is dying!!!!
    Wow has been dead for years. It's stayed afloat from gold sellers selling to one another keeping Blizzards subscriptions going.

There's a lot of movies I've really enjoyed which were rated poorly on Rotten Tomatoes. I wouldn't look into it. The same thing on the contrary.

Deleted
    Your avatar is hypnotic...cannot..stop...staring

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryn View Post
    of which atleast 2 look incredibly biased
    Movie reviews are, by definition, biased.