Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    African Americans live in far greater poverty than any other race in the U.S. On top of that black people are often most segregated in urban areas. Fairly easy conclusion that crime is going to be amplified in urban areas vs suburban or rural.

You talk about violent crime. Very easy to see or read if you actually chose to learn that of course most violent crime is happening in urban areas due to drugs and gangs. The simple story is that drugs are the main commerce and in order to push their drugs they need territory. Disputes are most often solved violently, thus more violence. No excuse but a reason you need to look at instead of just posting "blacks commit 50% violent crimes".
    And??

Nothing you said contradicts what I said. There are factors why it is the way it is, but it is what it is. They do commit a higher amount of crime relative to their population of society. Thus they are going to have a higher level of interactions with law enforcement and thus they would have a higher level of situations resulting in deadly force than simply their representation in the population. Especially if disputes are solve "violently" as you say. It isn't due to racist cops.

Its one reason I support free birth control and more access to abortion. Having kids as a teenager with a nonexistent father (a common seen in the inner city) is a huge burden to overcome. Family planning would do a lot to improve people's situation. I'm 37 and it is not uncommon for me to dealing with grandmothers who are close to my age.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    And??

Nothing you said contradicts what I said. There are factors why it is the way it is, but it is what it is. They do commit a higher amount of crime relative to their population of society. Thus they are going to have a higher level of interactions with law enforcement and thus they would have a higher level of situations resulting in deadly force than simply their representation in the population. Especially if disputes are solve "violently" as you say. It isn't due to racist cops.

Its one reason I support free birth control and more access to abortion. Having kids as a teenager with a nonexistent father (a common seen in the inner city) is a huge burden to overcome. Family planning would do a lot to improve people's situation. I'm 37 and it is not uncommon for me to dealing with grandmothers who are close to my age.
    So you support abortion to control a certain population, that just so happens lives in the inner cities?

Deleted
    So you support abortion to control a certain population, that just so happens lives in the inner cities?
    If it stops them being dead end parents, sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You make it seem like because these people are white, that is the only reason we didn't know about it. Just because white kids playing with toy guns have been shot, doesn't make what I said false.
    You are making a non racial issue about race.

- - - Updated - - -

African Americans live in far greater poverty than any other race in the U.S. On top of that black people are often most segregated in urban areas. Fairly easy conclusion that crime is going to be amplified in urban areas vs suburban or rural.

You talk about violent crime. Very easy to see or read if you actually chose to learn that of course most violent crime is happening in urban areas due to drugs and gangs. The simple story is that drugs are the main commerce and in order to push their drugs they need territory. Disputes are most often solved violently, thus more violence.

You like to post "blacks commit 50% violent crimes", yet you choose not to look at it constructively. So does this mean if we took 100 professional black people and 100 white people. Black professionals are going to commit a higher crime rate or much greater crime rate. That conclusion would be preposterous.
    None of this refutes his primary point, which is that blacks are not killed by police disproportionally.
    If you want to argue that its disingenuous to try to draw race based conclusion from crime data sure, but he didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

You get that one of the reasons black communities are poor and 'oppressed' is because they have much higher rates of early, and out of wedlock births?

I support family planning so you have kids when you are emotionally and financially able to care for them and be decent parents. For me that was in my 30s. It isn't population control. Having children you cant afford or when you are a child yourself isn't a good decision especially as a single parent in the current economy where someone without a high school education is going to have a difficult time providing for a family on their own. I also believe there is a limit to how much society should be expected to subsidize bad choices.

- - - Updated - - -

You talk about violent crime. Very easy to see or read if you actually chose to learn that of course most violent crime is happening in urban areas due to drugs and gangs. The simple story is that drugs are the main commerce and in order to push their drugs they need territory. Disputes are most often solved violently, thus more violence.

You like to post "blacks commit 50% violent crimes", yet you choose not to look at it constructively. So does this mean if we took 100 professional black people and 100 white people. Black professionals are going to commit a higher crime rate or much greater crime rate. That conclusion would be preposterous.
    I see you added a paragraph after I responded, so let me respond to that. I think if you had 100 profession black people and white people, crime would likely be equal. If you had 100 professional blacks and 100 lower income whites, I'd expect you would see more crime from the whites. However in the later scenario, you would have more police interactions with those whites and more whites would be killed versus their professional black counterparts. However that isn't the current make-up in america.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/baltimo...eath-1.3596368

Wow.
    This is shameful. What is going on with the legal system?
    It's working. In America you are innocent until proven guilty. You don't get to decide whether or not someone is guilty based on your own personal agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    And??

It's due to a racist and segregationist society in which law enforcement is one tentacle in which ensures black incarceration, poverty, criminal activity, and depression. The US has a storied history of keeping blacks isolated and broken since the founding of this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It's due to a racist and segregationist society in which law enforcement is one tentacle in which ensures black incarceration, poverty, criminal activity, and depression. The US has a storied history of keeping blacks isolated and broken since the founding of this country.

Cool man.

But even if true (and its tinfoil territory) - That still wouldn't make the police shootings racially motivated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

Cool man.

But even if true (and its tinfoil territory) - That still wouldn't make the police shootings racially motivated.
    Of course it does, because centuries of black dehumanization has created a stereotype of blacks being "more violent", "charging at the officer", "feral thug", "beast". It is all racially motivated, by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Of course it does, because centuries of black dehumanization has created a stereotype of blacks being "more violent", "charging at the officer", "feral thug", "beast". It is all racially motivated, by design.
    Charging at the officer = If you run towards an officer with malicious intent

Charging at the officer =/= black dehumanization.

There is no dehumanization going on, and you seriously need to actually go out and experience life for yourself if thats what you think. I could claim that there is white-male demonization going on in today's society and media, because there is plenty of plausable evidence that would support that. But I dont, because I just live my own freaking life, and do not let a small thing such as RACE define me.

There are all forms of cops, and yes some police shootings might be racially motivated, but this all swings ALL ways. There are more than just 2 races in this world and in the USA, just as there are more than 2 races in the police force. However, I am willing to bet that about 95%+ of police shootings are NOT racially motived but that the cops felt threatened and had to make a split second decision.

You know the saying, Hined sight is 20/20. When you are actually there in the heat of the moment, you have to make a decision on what you know right then, what you see, and then ACT. I am positive that most of these cops still have nightmares and constant depression over what they have done, as they have to live with the choices they made.

But there is no dehumanization going on, and if you want to try and call me a racist go ahead. I freaking work in the Military, basically the definition of diversity, and I am in a interracial marriage.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the person that holds the highest office in the land isn't black.

Much racism, such wow, so institutionalized.

See these guys are aware of this but they just keep denying it, for whatever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I guess the person that holds the highest office in the land isn't black.

Much racism, such wow, so institutionalized.
    So? How that does that preclude state, county, and city governments from enforcing racist policies?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So? How that does that preclude state, county, and city governments from enforcing racist policies?
    Idk, how does a city with a black mayor, where half of the police officers on trial are black, in a police dept. with 43% black police enforce racist policies?

Uncle Toms perhaps?

Or maybe, just maybe, they're not actually enforcing racist policies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, how does a city with a black mayor, where half of the police officers on trial are black, in a police dept. with 43% black police enforce racist policies?

Uncle Toms perhaps?

Or maybe, just maybe, they're not actually enforcing racist policies.
    1. In this instance, it appears to be just fuck-you-I'm-a-cop policies that need to be changed.

2. Elsewhere, you've got both that and blatant racism.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. In this instance, it appears to be just fuck-you-I'm-a-cop policies that need to be changed.

2. Elsewhere, you've got both that and blatant racism.
    1. Ok, sure.

2. Holy shit dude, this is from 1999. Should we dig out anti-cop/anti-white rhetoric from decades ago that come from the African-American communities and generalize it to all African-Americans? Ok, there were racists cops that did some shady ass stuff nearly 2 decades ago. How is it relevant today...? I mean shit, people are chanting a BLA slogan written by a fine lady on the FBI's most wanted list, but it isn't exemplary of the entire community.

He went to trial, u have to respect the system. That part of the problem now a days, no one wants to respect the system or cops. They would rather constantly resist arrest and/or take footage of cops which makes more ppl resist arrest and make the situation worse. It's a vicious cycle, the only persons actions u can control r ur own, and being a good citizen will drastically reduce ur chance of having problems. And that is true no matter what race or group U want to put urself in.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Baltimore is gonna burn again
    Wow that sure accomplishes alot besides playing into commonly held sterotypes.

How is this not a race thread and therefore closed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    He went to trial, u have to respect the system. That part of the problem now a days, no one wants to respect the system or cops. They would rather constantly resist arrest and/or take footage of cops which makes more ppl resist arrest and make the situation worse. It's a vicious cycle, the only persons actions u can control r ur own, and being a good citizen will drastically reduce ur chance of having problems. And that is true no matter what race or group U want to put urself in.
    The system provides to much protection for cops as is. While not the subject at hand, look at state police. They have virtual immunity in their actions because they are a state entity and you need special permission to sue them. Most of the shit you see in the news is with local PD municipalities who are vulnerable to legal action if a cop fucks up. OT though, the manner and way police have been allowed to conduct themselves is appalling. Any given episode of cops has 2 officers throwing a 110 lb junkie to the ground while 1 cop rests all his weight with his knee on the back of someones neck/head while the other is wrenching the arm up behind the shoulder blades to cuff them screaming stop resisting. That type of shit is unnecessary and all it does is provoke people to resist which then gives cop's more authority to be even more physically abusive. The majority of people on this forum have never even come close to being arrested or having any real police contact outside maybe getting a ticket. Their is a huge disconnect between what people see the police trying to do vs how the police conduct themselves. Police in this country need to be reigned in.

In essence though, it's both a lawmaking issue and a police issue. Both are powers that need to be reigned in quite a bit. We have way to many laws in this country. Some food for thought.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...38900830760842

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Holy shit dude, this is from 1999.
    No, 1999 was when it was covered up. I see no evidence that the officers' and officials' activities in this regard ceased at that time.