Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You lose all credibility as soon as you start talking about the "majority of players" - you have no fucking clue who is the majority or minority or what they enjoy so please, just be quiet instead of pulling random arguments out of your ass.
    A few things:

Never single a person out and insult them. It's against forum rules, and it's rude.

Next, and this is important, I don't need to know a thing about the majority of people who play and pay a monthly surcharge to play a online videogame, to know that if they are in game playing and paying Blizzard they find the game "amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable." aka Fun.

The people who no longer play the game, they are the ones who no longer find the game amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable. No need to assume anything, no need to be especially brilliant, no need to survey, if it's a game people will only play it if they find it fun in one way or another. If WOW dropped below 1 million subs, the people still playing are still having fun in one way or another.

The other thing about human nature to understand, is humans like to... no... Humans Really Love to complain, it's a weird paradigm, humans need to have their voice heard and something about complaints makes us feel like we are saying something worthwhile.

When there is a legitimate complaint, 2 million people will up and leave the game on a weekend in June, that is when you know people are not having fun. However, even if the level of fun is minor, if you are still entertained even in a small bit, you are having fun. Hell, for some, the fun they have is complaining on forums.

So in summation, never directly insult people on these forums, and if they are playing it, they are having fun, well unless they have a psychological condition which causes them to do something that they don't enjoy.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    Snip
    Tl;dr
    Another casual hating thread. Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Because you can balance world content around NOT having better welfare gear available elsewhere?
    Good luck getting that motion passed.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Good luck getting that motion passed.
    Of course, because all the "hardcores" will be up in arms. -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, because all the "hardcores" will be up in arms. -_-
    Why would hardcore be up in arms? The gear would be harder and worse then welfare gear right now, hardcores should be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would hardcore be up in arms? The gear would be harder and worse then welfare gear right now, hardcores should be happy.
    I meant "if gear better than LFR was available from e.g. world content or dungeons". That would certainly trigger a QQ wave.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant "if gear better than LFR was available from e.g. world content or dungeons". That would certainly trigger a QQ wave.
    They already have welfare 700-710 pvp and baleful which takes less then 2 days to max out.

They already have welfare 700-710 pvp and baleful which takes less then 2 days to max out.
    Welfare PvP gear is going away in Legion, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Welfare PvP gear is going away in Legion, though.
    True, it's not nearly as easy to get.

I kinda wish they'd just make pvp gear work only in pvp fullstop - it would remove the complaints of people feeling like they have to do one or the other to compete among other things.

eg;

+PVE players never have to PVP. (PVP gear would be really low ilvl in pve - outside bg/arenas)
    +PVP players never have to PVE (PVP gear would have way higher ILVL scaling in BG/arenas)
    +PVE content doesn't get squashed by PVP rewards later on.

Something like PVP gear is always heroic dungeon ILVL outside arena/bg but Mythic raid + ilvl in arenas/bg and higher, depending on your rating.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-05-25 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    A few things:

Never single a person out and insult them. It's against forum rules, and it's rude.

Next, and this is important, I don't need to know a thing about the majority of people who play and pay a monthly surcharge to play a online videogame, to know that if they are in game playing and paying Blizzard they find the game "amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable." aka Fun.

The people who no longer play the game, they are the ones who no longer find the game amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable. No need to assume anything, no need to be especially brilliant, no need to survey, if it's a game people will only play it if they find it fun in one way or another. If WOW dropped below 1 million subs, the people still playing are still having fun in one way or another.

The other thing about human nature to understand, is humans like to... no... Humans Really Love to complain, it's a weird paradigm, humans need to have their voice heard and something about complaints makes us feel like we are saying something worthwhile.

When there is a legitimate complaint, 2 million people will up and leave the game on a weekend in June, that is when you know people are not having fun. However, even if the level of fun is minor, if you are still entertained even in a small bit, you are having fun. Hell, for some, the fun they have is complaining on forums.

So in summation, never directly insult people on these forums, and if they are playing it, they are having fun, well unless they have a psychological condition which causes them to do something that they don't enjoy.
    Your stupidity is overwhelming. You already had half the playerbase leave the game over a very short timespan but that's surely just because the game got suddenly old Also, shittons of people who are still subbed are doing so by using gold - even if they barely play the game because it's in the worst state ever. Being subbed with gold requires next to 0 effort and shows exactly nothing about the mentality of the subscriber.

I especially like how "if you are still entertained even in a small bit, you are having fun" tranformed into a "the majority of the player think this game is more fun than it has ever been". Playerbase is at its almost lowest ever and somehow you manage to twist it around to show how the game is in its best state ever. And I thought they teach basics of logic in every school.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-05-25 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    A few things:

Seems like a load of dribble, honestly. I'm subscribed and play once a week to clear Mythic then never log on again. The only part I remotely enjoy when I'm raiding is the social aspect, and the only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription is because in any decent raid guild you have commitments and quitting whenever the content is cleared is frowned upon (for good reason). It doesn't take a psychological condition to make someone perform something they don't find fun, it just takes knowing that others rely on you to not be an asshole who quits every 3 months when the content is cleared and then comes crawling back asking for a raid spot when the new patch/expansion is out.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-05-25 at 03:34 PM.