Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNeverLucky View Post
    Same, the only time I used PVP gear in PvE was TBC with alts and it was not necessary, I have done it only because I was never dropping the god-damn shield from Grull with my warrior.

Vanilla - Never (played till Naxxramas40, I have done only Anub & Raz because I was not in the best guild of the server)
    TBC - Only with some alts (I have done till Brutallus)
    WOTLK - Never(cleared all, not LK HC 10&25)
    Cata - Never(cleared all, DW hc included)
    MoP - Never (cleared all normals, half ToT hc and some Siege, not mythic/heroic)
    WoD - Never (cleared all raids till HFC in heroic mode)

I had a long history in raiding and I have almost never use PvP gear and I have never feel the necessity to use PvP gear in PvE
    I was never forced but when I played survival for a short time in WOD I did use all the multistrike gear from PVP. The 660 ilevel items were better than the 670 heroic items in Highmaul. I also did this for a couple items in BRF and used the PVP weapon in HFC until I got the heroic socrethar weapon.

I used to piecemeal items in BC and LK for my feral druid. The resilience gear eliminated me having to use poorly itemized defense gear for tanking in some situations. In order to tank the Flames of Azzinoth as a feral druid with resist gear PVP items with resilience were a necessity. But other than Illidan everything was by choice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Just to point out, *technically* PVP items could just be empty other than item level.

Because that's what the PVP adjustment is based off of.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    What if I told you that alone in my guild are many that never PVPd? And just from that I can assume this minority might not be that small.
    Just because you like PVP or at least don't mind to play in a competitive setting doesn't mean others do, too. It was a PVE questline and PVP had nothing to do in that, quite simple.
    You play on a RP relm with 2/13 Normal HFC or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    If you wanted to catch up in WOD it was by far the most efficient way to gear up before heroic raids

BLIZZ PLIZ DON'T FORCE ME! I WANT TO BE HARDCORE BUT DON'T WANT TO PUT THE EFFORT!!!

Gotta be fucking kidding me, I saw this post coming when I read the Dev Watercooler. PVE players complaining that they'll be forced to do PVP, It's probably the other way around, because to obtain the best gear in the game is much easier through PVE. If you are a PVE player that can get gladiator you either are a very gifted individual or you already consistently play PVP, so if you feel like you need to do it you are just forcing yourself. I don't think any guild leader will say to you "DON'T DARE SHOWING UP TO THE RAID WITHOUT BEING AT LEAST 2400K RATING".

And just to complete, I feel like the PVP players will still get the short end of the stick, I don't think the gear that will drop to them will be the same as the raid, in terms or set parts and gg trinkets, I think it will be just generic high ilvl epic gear, meaning that mythic raiders will be optimal to pvp but not the other way around.
    Last edited by Khain; 2016-05-25 at 02:44 AM.

Its the opposite actually. pvp gear is shit compared to raid gear. I assume that's unfinished though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its the opposite actually. pvp gear is shit compared to raid gear. I assume that's unfinished though.
    Again, there is no pvp gear. All gear that drops, all gear you will get in legion, is pve gear. If you do a BG and win... you get pve gear. It's the exact same as all the other gear you get with one exception: pvp will not reward the highest ilvl gear, raiding will. Do you get it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    People being able to get items from anything else than raids = OMFG BLIZZARD FORCES RAIDERS TO DO THINGS OUTSIDE RAIDS

Literally the dumbest thing I've heard in WoW ever. And yet, the very second Blizzard introduces a source to get gear outside of raiding you'll hear the same thing over and over and over again.

Anything with relevant rewards is mandatory and Blizzard suck for putting it in the game.

Anything without relevant rewards is pointless and Blizzard suck for putting it in the game.

Can someone explain how pvp is forcing pve players into pvp in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Can someone explain how pvp is forcing pve players into pvp in Legion?
    Well, to get max number of drops for the week, since the gear you will get from pvp is... pve gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    There were a few unique circumstances over the years where there was a piece of PvP gear that was BiS for certain specs, but by and large it's never been much of an issue.
    It wasn't exactly mandatory but TBC made it so easy to get the original welfare epics by just losing 10 arena matches (it's most efficient to strip naked and /dance) that a lot of people went that route. It was kind of weird starting tier 5 content when lots of people already had the recoloured version of their tier sets.

I just miss the days of glaive rogue in arena. Ahhh, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Well, to get max number of drops for the week, since the gear you will get from pvp is... pve gear.
    between having gear with wrong stats and no drops to upgrade the legendary weapon and doing instances, I think a pve player would rather go instances.

It's funny how most of you ignore the fact it's almost always been that way. PVP always gave a small advantage of 1-2 items in the first few weeks before raids opened. In WOD you could get normal raid gear from PVP I believe before the raids opened. Which was higher than heroic dungeons and Challenge mode daily. It only mattered if you wanted to min max and clear Highmaul really quickly to get into mythic week 2. A non mythic raider could also pvp to get that item. But he didn't have to. Most of the high end guilds forced its raiders to get a pvp item before raids opened though.

Not once felt forced into PVP, don't feel that way on Legion Beta and certainly doesn't feel like I'll be forced to with my real characters.

CAN I do it? Yes. WILL I do it? Probably not unless the prestige system rewards will remain for longer than a season.

GOOD more noobs for as pvpers to slay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    When your average pve hero can't get past 1300, i doubt he can reach 1700+ for normal raid equivalent gear.

I am forced to raid and/or PvP for my übergear! Woeh me. I only want to do pet battles, why can't I get all my superduper gear in pet battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    So you didn't get the Legendary cape in MoP ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by CursedVision View Post
    When your average pve hero can't get past 1300, i doubt he can reach 1700+ for normal raid equivalent gear.
    That really isn't the point, he has to go pve (which is considerably easier, even at highest level) to get the gear he needs to compete. Or just not be competitive.