Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Since demon hunters start at lvl 90, this means you can have infinite chances of getting old raid mounts without having to wait for weekly reset.

Make demon hunter, go for all old raid mounts before MoP, delete demon hunter, make new one, repeat.

I dunno how long the demon hunter starting zone is, but even so, this is going to be the fastest way to farm old mounts.
    If you're ok with doing the intro quest line over and over for a few mounts from outdated content then who cares?
    I really doubt we'll see a large number of people using this method so it's not really an issue.

Deleted
    12 chars level 100 and since i'm grinding all tiers on all classes i dont even have time to do mount runs, but sure sounds a good way, only problem would be how shitty his starting gear will be for DS25hc and mop (missing Madness mounts mop+)

Already said I'm not gonna do it. I merely made a suggestion.
    Sure it is plausible then but not very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    ... you can WHAT? I've been wasting multiple hours a week for nothing? Fuck. How does one go about doing this?
    > Kill all bosses in a raid except for the ones you want to farm every week
    > Log on to your alt and park it outside of the raid portal
    > Log back on your main and make a group in the premade group finder
    > Log back on your alt and find the group you just made in the group finder, then request an invite
    > Log back on your main and invite your alt
    > Log back on your alt and accept the invitation

Now if you enter the raid it will tell you the bosses you killed on your main are down. If you're doing Invincible, you have to wait a minute or two until you automatically become group leader, then change the raid to heroic.

Also, when making the group in the group finder, you can enable auto invite to make it slightly quicker. But if you do that random people might join.

After the weekly reset, you can go on your main and press O, go into Raid Info, find your raid lock which now says "Expired", and re-activate it. Then do the same thing again.

Deleted
    You can do the same with any character and don't have to wait for the intro quest.
    Just pay for the boost, skip out of WoD intro, run the raid, delete - rinse and repeat.

There you go! You can thank me later.

Deleted
    > Kill all bosses in a raid except for the ones you want to farm every week
    > Log on to your alt and park it outside of the raid portal
    > Log back on your alt and find the group you just made in the group finder, then request an invite

Now if you enter the raid it will tell you the bosses you killed on your main are down. If you're doing Invincible, you have to wait a minute or two until you automatically become group leader, then change the raid to heroic.

Also, when making the group in the group finder, you can enable auto invite to make it slightly quicker. But if you do that random people might join.

After the weekly reset, you can go on your main and press O, go into Raid Info, find your raid lock which now says "Expired", and re-activate it. Then do the same thing again.
    Thank you good sir, you just saved me multiple future-hours of work. I love you.

Quick question, do I have to do every boss except LK on normal difficulty before to set things up on my main or do i do it on heroic?
    Last edited by mmoc04689abd70; 2016-05-21 at 02:25 PM.

Way ahead of you with my 33 level 100's and counting!
    Screw doing the DH starting area for 1-2 hours every time, just not worth it.

Just make 1 DH per server then you don't have to worry about deleting it and remaking one.

Deleted
    Well, I guess you still get a chance every day then... Still better than having to wait for the weekly reset.
    If you have the patience to spendt two hours every day making your DH ready for a few old raids you deserve those 7 ekstra shots per week.

Just like people with 11 alts on their account get 10 more chances then the guy with 1 main

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    You'll burn out in 2 weeks and then yell on forums how this game is boring and nothing is interesting.
    Or ask Blizz to make the starter zone far shorter. I mean, who has time for such things?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    1) Make second account
    2) Pick a Server
    3) Roll DH
    4) Complete DH intro quest
    5) Go and do mount run.
    6) Log out infront of an instance
    7) Change server
    8) Repeat steps 3 to 8.
    9) ???
    10) Profit!
    As someone previously said there is a 24 hours cd period

Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    Thank you good sir, you just saved me multiple future-hours of work. I love you.

Quick question, do I have to do every boss except LK on normal difficulty before to set things up on my main or do i do it on heroic?
    I always do it on normal since it's quicker. I don't know about heroic, but it probably works.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an easy fix to this situation. Add a timer to character creation for the new class. Like a week reset the timer to create a new Demon Hunter and applied to all the servers on the same account.

Deleted
    How would that work? as soon as I log off my group is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    How would that work? as soon as I log off my group is gone?
    Alt+F4 or click the X. Your character will still be logged into the game for ~2min. It helps to have a second window of WoW ready to login.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Alt+F4 or click the X. Your character will still be logged into the game for ~2min. It helps to have a second window of WoW ready to login.
    You don't even have to do that. I always just log out normally, the group will stay in the group finder for a short while after logging out.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Cool idea..if not for a fact that after starting the farm on 6 chars 3 months ago I got all mounts from cata raids several times over, and only missing Mimiron head from wotlk...
    So, you got lucky, now shut the fuck up. Not everybody is that lucky so people will definitely take extra shots at their favourite mount drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    As someone previously said there is a 24 hours cd period
    So? You'll just park however many DHs the character limit allows in front of an instance, wait 24 hours, do the raid on however many you can, delete, make new, wait 24 hours, repeat. You still get many more chances at your mounts than if you didn't do the DH trick. You don't seem to understand that the 24h CD doesn't really do anything.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2016-05-25 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    So? You'll just park however many DHs the character limit allows in front of an instance, wait 24 hours, do the raid on however many you can, delete, make new, wait 24 hours, repeat. You still get many more chances at your mounts than if you didn't do the DH trick. You don't seem to understand that the 24h CD doesn't really do anything.
    Doubt you'll even need to wait, Haven't played the Beta but with people saying 1-2 hours to complete the zone you'll probably be able to level 30-40 characters in a row then run them through all the different raids in order, That's assuming zero time to sleep.

With sleep it'll probably be fairly easy if all you do is level 30-40 chars > raid > level 30-40 chars > raid etc

Or you could spend a day leveling X amount of DH's then the next day you speedrun them through the raids in the morning then start leveling new ones till you go to bed or something..

Maybe even a 2 day rotation would be more efficient.. lvl group A DH's on day 1, group B on day 2, speedrun group A on day 3 and lvl a new group A, speedrun group B on day 4 then lvl a new group B and repeat.

Personally I'd just level 30 or so and use them weekly, 30 chances on DH's + X amount on your normal chars per week per mount is quite a bit

Like you say though, 24 hour CD does nothing at all.
    Last edited by Lolsteak; 2016-05-25 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Youll only be able to do so many per hour per account if youve deleted/created new demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrinder View Post
    Youll only be able to do so many per hour per account if youve deleted/created new demon hunter
    Accounts can have what.. 50 chars total? say 10 or so for your mains that's 40 for DH's.

40 x 1-2 hours just to level them, Factor in sleep there's more than enough time to continuously repeat, Would get extremely boring though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.