Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    amazing guide!

very helpful

thanks

I was just curious how low haste rating is too low in destro in mythic hfc or is there a point that is too low. i gained some mastery but went to 337 haste and im not sure its worth losing any mastery for some of haste. Just feels like i lost damage because of it.
    Last edited by krittical; 2016-03-06 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a problem, haste is okay, but Crit and Mastery are clearly better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, a few quick questions:

1. I'm not sure which bracers to use. These PvP ones or my current ones (armory link in my signature). I feel like the crit/mastery gain is far better than the 30 int, but I'm honestly not 100% sure.

2. I know this is a thread about Destro, but I'm honestly torn about what to enchant and gem for. I see people gemming and enchanting for Haste but those are also people who are 13/13 and I'm not sure if I should follow suit with that yet. Should I wait until progression is done to be going for Haste? Since I go Affliction for about half of these fights, I was thinking of at least getting my weapon enchanted to Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Stick to mastery, haste is only for speed kills..

I would use the pvp bracers.

Deleted
    @FurtyIRL can you share your WA for Burning Embers?

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    @FurtyIRL can you share your WA for Burning Embers?
    He doesn't use WA for Burning Embers. He uses ElvUI resources for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    He doesn't use WA for Burning Embers. He uses ElvUI resources for it.
    /ElvUI -> UnitFrames -> Player Frames -> Classbar

Deleted
    is it possibel to get the class trinket frome archi in mythic chaches?

Nope. You can't obtain in this way class trinket, tier pieces and weapons.

Cloak question about Destro.

I have a MWF Kilrogg Cloak, and a Socketed Fel Lord Cloak. Kilrogg is 1 item level higher, and has more mastery, as the Fel Lord Cloak has only haste + multi on it, but it has a socket with a +75 mastery gem in it. It seems the Fel Lord Cloak is said to be better, but I don't see why, it has less mastery. In sims, I'm noticing fluctuations between both cloaks, so no concrete sim evidence either way.

Which cloak is better? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by uhhwateva View Post
    Cloak question about Destro.

I have a MWF Kilrogg Cloak, and a Socketed Fel Lord Cloak. Kilrogg is 1 item level higher, and has more mastery, as the Fel Lord Cloak has only haste + multi on it, but it has a socket with a +75 mastery gem in it. It seems the Fel Lord Cloak is said to be better, but I don't see why, it has less mastery. In sims, I'm noticing fluctuations between both cloaks, so no concrete sim evidence either way.

Which cloak is better? Thank you.
    Kilrogg. But Zakuun's cloak is bis for Aff, so keep both in your bags and swap sets appropriately.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Hi All, Trinket questions! I only pug normal and am starting to pug HC, destro/demo are my choices, but I play destro on every fight currently (aff is too boring and not worth it if im not doing progression) so with that in mind...

Trinket choices I have available currently:

OoV
    Fragment normal 0/2 (currently) with +50 mastery socket
    6/6 2/2 Sandman
    2/2 Chipped soul prism

Can anyone run through which combo I should use on each boss? Fragment obviously loses value if I cant keep high uptime (pug archi, HFA for instance)
    Is OoV good? I know that for demo its pretty garbage but what about destro?

Armory in sig

10+ Year Old Account
    For Destro with those combos I'd say OoV + Sandman can get you through just about everything. Switch either one of them out for single target encounters (Reaver and Zakuun and FotDS can do well on Iskar as well). Definitely want to keep OoV in there for Zakuun, Tyrant, Manno, Archi and maybe even Xhul.

Haven't farmed on Demo so can't really help you there.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! Is OoV good even against non-demons then? Is it basically a case of keeping sandman equipped and using fragment if I can keep uptime, and OoV if not?

10+ Year Old Account
    The proc on OoV isn't the worst and I've seen some good locks playing around with it on encounters like HFA so out of the options you gave for a fight like that, I'd take the proc over FotDS.

You can basically, go with Sandman's and OoV when there's AoE/adds/cleave (HFA, Kilrogg, Gorefiend); Go with Sandman's or OoV with FotDS on non-demon single target (Reaver and maybe Iskar) and then you can go OoV with FotDS on Zakuun and maybe Tyrant depending on how you play it.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2016-04-13 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    A couple of basic questions:

Just want to make sure that Rain of Fire is a useless spell only to be used if you're moving and can't cast anything else since some 6.2 guides said that it should be used at all times.

Also should I use Conflagrate twice in a row during the opening sequence? Some guides tell me to use it only once.

Quote Originally Posted by Iserer View Post
    A couple of basic questions:

Just want to make sure that Rain of Fire is a useless spell only to be used if you're moving and can't cast anything else since some 6.2 guides said that it should be used at all times.
    You should never read those guides ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys and gals, just wanted to share that I've also taken over the Icy Veins guide and brought it fully up to date with boss specific strategies and a little more in-depth trinket discussion. You can find that here.

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Hey guys and gals, just wanted to share that I've also taken over the Icy Veins guide and brought it fully up to date with boss specific strategies and a little more in-depth trinket discussion. You can find that here.
    That's good news! Are you going to keep updating it in Legion too?