Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Best way to make gold at low levels is to check the boe green things in the AH, if it is a rare design or color scheme you can make several hundred and in rare cases thousand gold for some 1g green items.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    knows about TSM, doesnt know about tmog.
    *facepalm*
    And a few posts later he thoroughly explained why that is, just so he could avoid moronic posters like you.

Guess that was a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    And a few posts later he thoroughly explained why that is, just so he could avoid moronic posters like you.

Guess that was a waste of time.
    Arent you just a cute little white knight.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I mean, it is not like OP made a "Here is why LFR should be removed and how to fix the game" thread ^^ I can't even see a hidden agenda in his post. But even that manages to rile people up.

OP be happy with the 250 gold, nobody knows if it would sell for the 1000 that the other guy has put up. And look forward to the day where a Blinktron package (the little robot that sometimes is in random places, placed by players with a blue exclamation mark) can contain a grey item for 100 gold - or your 15 gold quest rewards...or your one click 4000 gold Garrison mission (unlikely this late in WoD, but still...)

Sadly the item in question does sell for more. Just takes a bit to get it to sell. I think it took me a month to sell it.

As for Op best thing to do is to set up groups for tsm( youtube) or go to thier website and look at some guides there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope you talk to people like that in person to their faces.

On topic, OP as other people have said TSM is a good tool if you know how to use it, and there are many old items usually that you get from open world that sell for a decent amount so just keep your eyes out while leveling and enjoy the easyish gold while leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I smell bs on this thread. To know about this site, to know a lot of players made millions but to not know about transmog? Come on

- - - Updated - - -

Did you post on this site showing your lack of knowledge? If coming back and not to know about transmog means player time for years. How does he know lots of people are millionaires?
    Years ago gold was hard to make and very few had a lot.
    Reason why I call bs on this thread
    Holy fuck!!1!1!
    I literally laughed my ass off at how upset you seem to be over this guys thread.
    You know you desperately need to get a life when trivial forum threads send you into THAT big of a nerdrage.

Yet you couldn't Google transmog or ask your friend about it either? So still calling bullshit
    You keep saying that, "calling bullshit." WTF is wrong with you... When you call bullshit on a thread, the creator of the thread usually lied cuz of a hidden motive. For instance, bragging about the Mercedes they bought to show others they have succeeded in life. What in the world would be the OP's motive here behind what you're calling bullshit? Brains, use em!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shad0ws View Post
    I am sorry, I didn't know this was a site for a secret cult that couldn't be found on Googles first page when searching 'WoW forums'. Alright little keyboard warrior, calm down, I am a new player (a week tops), I wasn't 'jabbing' at millionaires, they have probably worked hard for their money or put fairly good amount of time into the game, but I know people are because well I have a work colleague that is one through Garrisons, so if he does it through that I am safe to assume others do or they play the AH, which is not uncommon in a game that has one. Being on the game for a week and not knowing what transmog when its a small percentage of the game, especially when leveling my first character, my sincere apologies to you for not knowing every single aspect of the game (You must be a hoot on nights out). I was just surprised to see such a figure for the item level and it was an open world drop but seems though you think Im jabbing at millionaire, you must be a multi-millionaire because it seems like this thread knocked you out.
    Eh just ignore him imo. If anything it actually makes sense for a new player who is mostly out and about exploring the world to not know about transmogrification. Even when you go to capital cities where transmogrifiers sit, nothing really tells the new player they exist.

Now that you know some items sell nicely, the thing to do with selling for the purposes of transmog is to check how the item looks on yourself. Doesn't matter if it's green, blue, or purple. If it looks good, it'll probably sell well. If you left click the item while holding CTRL it'll show you how you look wearing it. The next step is to check the AH for the same item, the rarer it is the more expensive. Some items look quite horrid but still sell well. That's mostly because they're quite rare, and some people actually work hard to look their worst.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

If you think disliking stupid people is white knighting, you are amazingly bad at grasping concepts.

Yet you couldn't Google transmog or ask your friend about it either? So still calling bullshit
    will have to find out what transmogrification is haha
    Well I did after the first post said transmog and if you did have your head wasn't so far up your ass, you would have seen 'will have to find out' referring to myself and looking it up, but unlike you people were kind enough to post what it was.

knows about TSM, doesnt know about tmog.
    *facepalm*
    My colleague pointed me to a few addons to help me improve somethings; TSM was one and gave me a brief guide to setting it up, so I wasn't spending forever posting stuff and researching everything price wise, as I was taking too long while he was waiting for me ha.
    I know of it, I still don't know how to use it properly (only have a single group with like 4 operations, really doesnt seem efficient but hey lvl 25 character I can learn along the way), but once I am crafting other than just mining and herbing, then I would like to see what the crafting option is about, my friend said something about mailing and banking that would save a lot of time as I have been mailing my stuff (ore, herbs and greens) to one guy as hes in stormwind, but I can sort it out when I have the time to look full into stuff, like transmog, crafted items and what not.

Deleted
    sorry about the question guys but... wtf is TSM? im pretty lost atm LOL

Deleted
    Way to go people, guy just joined but better show him how toxic it can get so he won't be surprised by it ingame!

/tips hat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    sorry about the question guys but... wtf is TSM? im pretty lost atm LOL

Addon which is used for making gold, mostly through the AH I think.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Sadly the item in question does sell for more. Just takes a bit to get it to sell. I think it took me a month to sell it.

As for Op best thing to do is to set up groups for tsm( youtube) or go to thier website and look at some guides there.
    Do you have any suggestions on who I can checkout? and does the pricing change on the operations, my colleague said he uses the same % DBMarket which I think min= 30% nor=100% and Max=150% or do different groups have different pricing or doesnt it really matter?

I'll be handing out more infractions if the hostile behavior in this thread continues- let's drop it and stay on topic, rather than bashing the OP or the people who aren't willing to stand for said bashing. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I mean, it is not like OP made a "Here is why LFR should be removed and how to fix the game" thread ^^ I can't even see a hidden agenda in his post. But even that manages to rile people up.

OP be happy with the 250 gold, nobody knows if it would sell for the 1000 that the other guy has put up. And look forward to the day where a Blinktron package (the little robot that sometimes is in random places, placed by players with a blue exclamation mark) can contain a grey item for 100 gold - or your 15 gold quest rewards...or your one click 4000 gold Garrison mission (unlikely this late in WoD, but still...)
    Funny enough considering to use my 100 boost on engineering with alchemy to get the max profession, also still contemplating whether or not to get engineering or blacksmithing as I will be boosting a DK and will probably be my old raid farmer so will Jeeves and portable mailbox will be useful not sure if the BS will be better due to being able to craft gear. I am thinking engineering and alchemy (700) and with the 90 boost getting enchanting and tailoring (600)... any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I always check the sale price of greens before I vendor them for exactly that reason!

I'm sorry for the hostility OP. Grats on the quick and easy 250g though Greens that are a part of a cool looking visual set can sell for a lot!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I always check the sale price of greens before I vendor them for exactly that reason!

I'm sorry for the hostility OP. Grats on the quick and easy 250g though Greens that are a part of a cool looking visual set can sell for a lot!
    TSM does that for me, unfortunately, I thought it was a bug and then tried putting it at the next lowest which was the average sale price at 250g. I now know about transmog and they could be a real prices

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Also worth mentioning there's a site called undermine journal that tracks all the auction data too, as you can see here:

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/illidan/item/15311

Usually if there's one up of an item already you can just undercut it by 1 copper, but if there's none at all up, you can get an idea of its real value from this
    Hey thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Eh just ignore him imo. If anything it actually makes sense for a new player who is mostly out and about exploring the world to not know about transmogrification. Even when you go to capital cities where transmogrifiers sit, nothing really tells the new player they exist.

Now that you know some items sell nicely, the thing to do with selling for the purposes of transmog is to check how the item looks on yourself. Doesn't matter if it's green, blue, or purple. If it looks good, it'll probably sell well. If you left click the item while holding CTRL it'll show you how you look wearing it. The next step is to check the AH for the same item, the rarer it is the more expensive. Some items look quite horrid but still sell well. That's mostly because they're quite rare, and some people actually work hard to look their worst.
    I have other items that TSM are pricing for like 25k gold like https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/turalyon/item/15491
    300g for https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/turalyon/item/14726 and https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/turalyon/item/3740

I have other items that are saying like 1000g and what not should I be using that value or should I place it at region market value avg which is like 200+ or region sale value which is 35g

and 250g for a transmog item is not a lot^^ a few rare transmog item can go for the 50-100k gold and more, and wait for legion, the price will explose in the transmog shopping with peoples wanted all for their collection

And people blame blizzard for the decline in subscriptions instead of the community.
    If this is representative of the attitude towards new players, then it is no wonder.
    I welcome you to the game, and hope you can look past jerks like this to find some players who do want to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

How could you possibly not know about transmog? How on earth do you play the game and find your way to this site( which most players never do) and not know about transmog? Maybe why you have to jab at others about being millionaires but you aren't one yourself. Maybe do a little research before posting on the ah or learn why people buy things from there instead of thinking it is all millionaires buying it.
    Why in the world would you go off like that on someone who probably just started playing? There's no reason for MMO-C to be exclusive or elitist. New player asks a simple question, trying to learn. He asked humbly and politely. And you try to make him feel bad for being here? Nonsense!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    In general, when using TSM to post items, check to make sure it's not just posting at Normal price (the price it sets when there's no similar auction for a specific item), that risks either posting items way below a price people are willing to pay, or in some cases way too high (and thus no one buys it). Try to create specific groups so you don't have say profession mats being put up at (Normal price of) 30g per item because no one else was currently selling 'em for example 20g a stack. Though in those cases you might snare some rich player who doesn't care and just wants to level his profession on an alt no matter the cost, hehe.

Personally I try to be a bit bold whenever I find myself with a potentially lucrative item that currently has no other auctions. I tend to rely more on prices I've seen previously than what a global average realm price is saying.

Also the previous page(s) makes me sad. Come on.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-05-25 at 09:56 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.